Pure Water UK
« on: August 30, 2005, 09:25:18 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Does anybody on the forum represent this firm, who are constantly selling on ebay???

Ebay item number  7541202011

Andrew

Roy Harding

Re: Pure Water UK
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 11:11:09 pm »
No one on the forum, but I do know them well.

Roy :)

dannyodp

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 06:14:06 pm »
Just bought a system from them. Been in touch with them quite a lot.

Roy Harding

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 06:16:21 pm »
Hi what did you buy ?

Roy :)

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 06:32:23 pm »
What did you buy danny?

wash & go window cleaners

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 06:03:42 pm »
I Bought there 640ltr van mount system in febuary this year.

excellent bit of kit!

Tom

dannyodp

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 08:43:43 pm »
Bought a 640 ltr, with 200gpd ro unit and 60psi pump,  system which I'm in the process of getting a trailer for.
Just starting out and thought a trailer system would suit me at first. Getting a van is inevitable but I wanted to keep the costs low during start up.
As and when I get a van I can ditch the trailer and van mount the same system.
It cost me £900 for the system and £115 for delivery. I got poles elsewhere.

Gonna get it up and running within the next few days will let you know my progress.

Dan

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 09:05:38 pm »
HI Dan,

I would not like to put a 650lt container on a trailer, unless it was a proper box trailer and it was secured safely.

I have been watching purewater UK's auctions and I am amazed at their profit margin!!!!

I calculated over the weekend what it costs to make, plus a couple of hours fitting everything together etc. They are making a fortune and I think the delivery is a rip off, considering you can have a pallet sent anywhere in the UK for £50.

Anyway, what else did you get with it Dan? Warranty? Instructions on how to set it up? Instructions on how to use it? Did they supply you with some type of securing unit? Did they advise you on the spread of Legionnaires disease?

Many Thanks

Andrew

dannyodp

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 09:13:21 pm »
Hi Andrew,

Got instructions, no securing unit of course nothing on the legionnaires I read that thread on here the other day though.

Would you recommend someone else to use?

Cheers

Dan

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 09:39:41 pm »
Hi Again Dan

Just read your other thread concerning the trailer, can you afford to splash out another 100 pound and get yourself a small tank? Your 640lt tank will weigh just over half a ton when full, but securing it will be a nightmare. If you could operate from a 250lt tank, this will fit well in a trailer (even a Halfords one) and can be secured easily. That would be my best advice to you.

You do also realise that the RO system that has come with it will take up to 3 days to fill your tank right up and it would be impossible to fill whilst you are on jobs.

I have built several systems now for other window cleaners and I am in the process of setting another one up. I have also spoken to my wife about building them and putting them on ebay. After my consultation, we will place 3 types on ebay - basic like yours - a staring kit and a full kit. I will also be supplying full instructions, all health & Safety advice from legionnaires and correct use of poles. Instructions on how to clean windows spot free, etc etc, if you get the point.

I firmly believe, if people are going to sell these items, they should tell you all the pro's and con's, otherwise (and no disrespect to anyone out there) too many people will enter the wfp sector, perform poor quality work, which will affect all of us and cause accidents. So I would prefer to sell these items myself and have the knowledge that the people buying them would have the right advice.

Saying all this, it will be a while before I can do this :-)

Take my advice about the tank though!!! Get yourself a 250lt one, mount it in a trailer, and use your 640lt as a static system at home. Take your pump of it and put that in a trailer and buy a second pump (not Shurflo or anything fancy) to pump the water from your static tank to your trailer.

Oh yeh, if I had the cash to spend, I would go for Ionic's Systems. I already use their colour change DI bottles and poles.

Andrew

dannyodp

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 09:50:00 pm »
I see where you're coming from. Thanks for the advice.

Do you a web address for the ionics systems so I can take a look?

Dan

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 10:04:18 pm »
Just to re-iterate the weight issue...

1 litre of water = 1kg
640 litres = 640kg - almost 2/3rds of a ton! Even the biggest Halfords trailer is only rated 300kg (I think) so even if the tank will physically fit - it will be seriously overloaded when full - then add battery, pump, hose etc and you'll be adding another 30 plus kg.

200/300 litres is more like it for a trailer, unless it is a hefty one!
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 10:07:03 pm »

sair

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 06:07:14 pm »
try essentially pure for all your systems need any systems can be built to suit your needs  07950 706623
Essentially Pure Ltd

poleman

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 08:26:07 pm »
could try Brodex, I have a system that makes me 17'000lts aday, some they know there stuff.

www.brodexbms.co.uk

Andy   

poleman

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 08:35:18 pm »
Cannot see the problem with weight just stick your tank in a decent estate and your away.

I know a few w/c who have a 400l tank in the back and work ok from that they don't go far and are short distances at <30mph.

Because you are bracking the law, if over weight, not only that but it could kill someone??

Andy

poleman

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 08:49:53 pm »
a part from the pulic on the road and them selfs

Andy

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005, 09:15:37 pm »
bloo dy cowboys   ;D