matt

Re: wht do you all do too keep daily records of accounts etc???
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 10:40:58 pm »
a A4 book

i put the date and what work is done

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2009, 10:54:33 pm »
Once a month I print off a monthly profit chart from zero upwards in £100 segments.

The first day of the month that I work I draw a line at where I finished, so lets say I did £200 - well then I draw a line at £200 with a line to the side with the day and date and I write in (eg) Friday 1st Dec £200.

The next day I work I add that amount to the previous (eg Monday 4th Dec £212) and I add it above the line on the rising scale and draw a line that will now read (say) End of 4th Dec £412.

I do this all the way to the end of the month and so at say 29th £185 - End of 29th £2890.

So the month figure is my gross turnover before expenses. This is a figure "earned" not collected or received through the bank.

On the back I have an expenses scale in and I add up any costs that I have spent cash on and I clip receipts as I go. (Only a few bob for "on the run subsistance food" or some gaffer tape from B@Q usually)

Monthly expenses - fuel, poles, spares, van costs etc are bought on a credit card. (Van lease is DD from the bank.)

My wife's costs (As bookkeeper - are set in line with making them tax effective) and worked out retrospectively at the end of the year.

Any canvassing done for me or a rare bit of subbing is either cash or  cheque and gets recorded on the monthly expenses sheet.

So how do I know when a custy has paid? I have a landscape page for about 20 custies and lets say I cleaned one today and got paid - well then 23/12Y gets put by their name. If they were out then 23/12N is put by their name. When a cheque, or rarely a s/o or cash through my door with a payslip then that 23/12N is changed to 23/12Y.
It's a game of three halves!

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2009, 08:10:56 am »
thanks Gold....you have made even paper work sound complicated :-X

Frankybadboy

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2009, 08:51:25 am »
thanks Gold....you have made even paper work sound complicated :-X

lol

scrimmy only just understood how to use a pen.lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

after years of using chalk.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2009, 09:08:44 am »
 :D If I knew how to show a picture you'd see that it's just two pieces of paper!
It's a game of three halves!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2009, 09:13:22 am »
gold
i see from another post you are down shriehampton way.what parts off bristol do you cover.????????

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2009, 09:56:40 am »
thanks for answering that ian......i reckon that in a few years this will be the way forward.....as it is though i reckon wcp is as good as you can get for value......it is really easy to get to grips with....after a night of pulling your hair out lol....but mostly its common sense stuff...and perseverence 8)
keep kissing you might get that discount ;D ;D

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2009, 10:04:51 am »
Diary records what I earn.

Receipts go in a jiffy bag til my accountant asks for them.

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2009, 10:08:27 am »
thanks for answering that ian......i reckon that in a few years this will be the way forward.....as it is though i reckon wcp is as good as you can get for value......it is really easy to get to grips with....after a night of pulling your hair out lol....but mostly its common sense stuff...and perseverence 8)
keep kissing you might get that discount ;D ;D

discount?......i was hoping for a payment from Ian as a kinda thank you scrimmy for biggin us up 8)

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2009, 10:43:47 pm »
nope no discount as yet......maybe ian has not seen this post yet..hence the reason YOU are now reading it....coz i the scrim decided on it...ian, take note mate 8)