Re: Conspiracy??
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 08:49:33 pm »
I do

The impression I get is that you're allowing customers to make your business decisions for you.

Take the bull by the horns, for starters dont let them tell you what theyre going to pay you. Tell them what your charge is and dont falter. If they want it fine if not fine as well, they can sh!t on someone else.

daz1977

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 09:38:06 pm »
the old cleaner, is prob working on own now and took all the best jobs and dropped the rest,

steveo22

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 09:49:12 pm »
the old cleaner, is prob working on own now and took all the best jobs and dropped the rest,
Yeah, thats what i thought

daz1977

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 09:55:56 pm »
if your new, take them till your round is full, then replace them with better priced jobs,  thats what i am doing at mo, lose a 6 quid job replace it with a 13 quid job,

if your in st helens, watch out for PCNW, he gets like £20 a house and would of got all the neighbours lol  any one else agree

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 09:59:46 pm »
He may have had those jobs at those prices for years and never put the price up.  A decade ago those were good prices.  He may be on the dole and working at the same time.  If you can get a road of £7s then you can make good money and a good hourly rate, but it is hard work.  Maybe do them for a few months and when you've pick up some more decent work, explain that you'll either have to drop them or put the price up.  Explain the situation as well, that the previous window cleaner is either a dole boy or realised that the work is under priced and dropped it.

Simon.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 10:09:36 pm »
ive got a street like that , its only worth while as its compact and ive canvassed a few good uns in with the chaff but they are going up in new year, some double, cant do them forever, if they dont like it they will be dropped, i only paid 3x for the week and have had many times that back nowso not too mithered, although some are nice people but i wouldnt say they are good custies as the prices are pants

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 08:00:55 am »
ive got a street like that , its only worth while as its compact and ive canvassed a few good uns in with the chaff but they are going up in new year, some double, cant do them forever, if they dont like it they will be dropped, i only paid 3x for the week and have had many times that back nowso not too mithered, although some are nice people but i wouldnt say they are good custies as the prices are pants

Yep, Sean! I've still got an area like this which I've hung onto during the recession and in January I'm minded to do the same.
It's a game of three halves!

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 05:16:28 pm »
Give  written quotations ;)

Every enquiry we get I follow up with a visit and give a printed quotation form with a description of WFP and our 'rain guarantee'.  The form has spaces for the custies address, the price and frequency of the job and any extras that might have been agreed.

That way there's no come-back or argument - it's all there in black and white

It also says on the form that conservatory roofs are not included unless specified (we had a spate of chancers trying to tell us we said our price included the cons roof)

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2009, 05:52:16 pm »
well mate they prob expected to do it  for nowt and be greatful for it custies are stupid !!!

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2009, 06:37:04 pm »
I do

Then tell them you do not wish to work for them.
It's the fish that John West rejects that make them the best.

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2009, 06:40:28 pm »
So who runs your business?

His customers and the previous window cleaner apparently!
???

It's OK.  Gold has a good sense of humour.
I made the mistakes at first too that you are making.  If you lety a customer mess you about on price, usually they will mess you about in other ways eventually.  By the time my round had grown, I had a fairly large list of "dump when no longer needed"