Window Washers

Anyone know where I can get a franchise....
« on: October 18, 2009, 06:14:42 pm »
does anyone on here know where I can get hodl of a franchise contract ?

want to see the workings of it...

Ian L if you are reading this could you possibly email design@windowwashers.co.uk as last pc had info on email and was not backed up ::)

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

concept

Re: Anyone know where I can get a franchise....
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 06:20:34 pm »
if theres one around, please forward to windows@conceptwindowcleaning.co.uk

cheers

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 06:23:02 pm »

cheers
Please dont dilute my post  :P, as I need this asap or need to get a solicitor to do one from scratch, I have about 2/3 weeks to get all details drawn up and need help..
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Dean Taberner

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 06:29:04 pm »
do you know what they get after the 20k they are asking for ?

Dean Taberner

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 06:32:58 pm »
I dont really know anything about franchises to be fair Ian,

Why are you after one?
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 06:35:13 pm »
I dont really know anything about franchises to be fair Ian,

Why are you after one?
No someone is wanting me to set them up asap and is the way I want to go anyway, so need these details asap so can see what is what. im not intersted in copying others word for word just need a helping hand and the right path to take

Dean Taberner

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 06:40:41 pm »
Good idea,

Id send off for the info from that concept2o firm and base it on their terms and conditions.

Dean

concept

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 07:03:29 pm »

cheers
Please dont dilute my post  :P, as I need this asap or need to get a solicitor to do one from scratch, I have about 2/3 weeks to get all details drawn up and need help..

i am looking at similar...

Dean Taberner

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 07:04:06 pm »
2/3 weeks windowwashers, dream on! 2/3 months and you will still have a lot of pressure, huge workload and not likely to be able to get it done in that time anyway... If you pay a few thousands or 10 there are companies that will do most of the work for you, but still would take them 2/3 months with a team of people working on it.

A friend of mine is working on his window cleaning franchise; so far he is several months in and still not ready.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Arent you a happy chappy ewan  :-\ :-\ :-\

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 07:21:15 pm »
If i remember rightly it was you ian, who made the other ians presentation accessable to all of us. It was a brilliant piece of work that he was asked to speak on at one of the shows.
The bit that you ask about he had to get from a lawyer and it cost a few hundred pounds.He was not sure if it was 100% legaly watertight, but it was probably the best that could be done. The impoprtant bits were that he owned the work, and retained ownership even of new work, and would buy the franchise back at a reasonable price if so requested.

Normally lawyers like to make money on legal contracts, so for example, you could not just do your own house conveyance using a standard contract because there would be a law society copywrite on the contract preventing you from doing so.

So, even if you had a photocopy of ians contract as a guide you would almost definatly need to see your own lawyer and have your own version of the contract and pay the appropraite fee etc.

This may of course be wrong, but it's what i think.

Steve CM

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 07:27:50 pm »
i know ian lancaster took years to really get his in place. I was quoted 10k from a local franchise legal team when i enquired

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 07:36:31 pm »
My impression was- and i am not saying this is fact- was that he was very carefull with getting good franchisees that he could trust.You will remember that he was not telling them to get a van and go and look for work.They started with at least 500pw on day one and he worked with them to build on this quickly.

scud

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 07:48:23 pm »
  I seem to remember reading that Ian Lancasters franchise project had collapsed and he had dissapeared.

Am I wrong on this??

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 07:53:37 pm »
No that was a mr Smith

scud

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 07:56:34 pm »
  Thats right!!

Apologies to Ian Lancaster.

Please everyone ignore my above post - or read paul Smith instead.

Window Washers

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 07:59:52 pm »
If i remember rightly it was you ian, who made the other ians presentation accessable to all of us. It was a brilliant piece of work that he was asked to speak on at one of the shows.
The bit that you ask about he had to get from a lawyer and it cost a few hundred pounds.He was not sure if it was 100% legaly watertight, but it was probably the best that could be done. The impoprtant bits were that he owned the work, and retained ownership even of new work, and would buy the franchise back at a reasonable price if so requested.

Normally lawyers like to make money on legal contracts, so for example, you could not just do your own house conveyance using a standard contract because there would be a law society copywrite on the contract preventing you from doing so.

So, even if you had a photocopy of ians contract as a guide you would almost definatly need to see your own lawyer and have your own version of the contract and pay the appropraite fee etc.

This may of course be wrong, but it's what i think.
Clive, thank you you reminded me of a few things :) and you are in the best part right.

Ewan. I am getting this done within 2/3 weeks I know it will take a lot longer to build it fully, please give me some credit, I may not be able to spell well or be very good at grammer, but I know how long building rounds takes I have built a few over the years.....im not 20 and blinkered, I also have the work force set up to cover it, I am a little bit smarter than you clearly give me credit for.. my marketing works  ;)

I need to get the paper work sorted

I have the right person wanting it I trust them   98%

i JUST NEED SOMETHING ON PAPER FOR MY SECURITY MOST IS ALL LINED UP FROT THE OTHER PART AND i HAVE A TEAM THAT CAN AND WILL GET WORK..

IF THIS COST ME 10K OR MORE TO GET THIS SORTED OUT SO BE IT, BUT IT NEEDS TO BE DONE JUST NEED A WORKABLE ONE IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS SO CAN GET THIS UP AND RUNNING THEN MONEY CAN BE SPENT EXPANDING IT.

i LOST MOST OF MY WORK IN UNLUCKY WAY, pc died last year, was ok was back up, then new pc and the back up drive died as I was installing on new pc, left me with a lot of missing files ect, websites I store online in three locations customers are backed up in three locations (this ciu need to sort out the bug as I cant see what I type, is highley annoying)

I need some help, do you know anything about doing this ewan or you just giving details on what you think ??

Thanks to Clive you was a help, same to steve, and simon I know but rain in dude just a little  ;) you know what I mean

Ian

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 08:08:24 pm »
Ian,

I would say if you want to get something together quickly you should speak to Ian Lancaster directly as he is the only person who comes on here who will truly be able to help you.

Regards

Alistair

Window Washers

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 08:36:27 pm »
Ian,

I would say if you want to get something together quickly you should speak to Ian Lancaster directly as he is the only person who comes on here who will truly be able to help you.

Regards

Alistair
there might well be others on here this is why I was asked, I have spoken in the past to Ian and his wife, but I do not se him on here much anymore, and I do not just want to ring him without him knowing before hand, as I know it will be a long talk. Respect for Ian I guess.

Window Washers

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 09:09:02 pm »
Windowwasher there are companies that help set up franchises, by the sounds of it I don’t think you will need to spend anywhere near 10k to get you up and running if that is what you are after. But you will have to get your cheque book out and still write some reasonably large cheques.

This is what I would do if I ever thought about setting up a new franchise, even going along for a chat you will find out what you need if you decide to do it all yourself, it will take you longer but probably saves you or just delay you writing out those cheques.

Find a company that has set up similar (cleaning) franchise before if possible.

There is a company in America called “squeegee squad” there a franchise give them a call. You never know they may be able to offer you some free advice because you don’t pose a threat to them being in the UK.

that is a good idea  ;)

trevor perry

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 09:26:45 pm »
there is a company that offer window cleaning franchises along with other services in the uk called powerclene a person bought one in my town blackburn but i have only spoke to him once so dont know how it was going, may be you could apply to them for their contract.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Window Washers

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 09:31:52 pm »
there is a company that offer window cleaning franchises along with other services in the uk called powerclene a person bought one in my town blackburn but i have only spoke to him once so dont know how it was going, may be you could apply to them for their contract.
Cheers Trev  ;)

Steve CM

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 09:33:54 pm »
Cheers Trev  ;)

they wouldn't just hand over a contract though would they ::)

Steve CM

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 09:36:25 pm »
besides for it to be water tight you need to draft in your own specifics to the way your gonna run things

wightsurf

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 11:00:35 pm »

mark dew

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 12:29:57 am »

Isn't powerclene paul smith?

heathrow100

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 01:56:04 am »
Help yourself  ;)

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2009, 07:13:30 am »

I heard on the grapevine that Powerclene didn't work out.
I won't repeat what I heard in case it's wrong.

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 05:43:29 pm »
It's my opinion that if someone wants to wriggle out or wreck your biz they will.Either by a loophole or just by dint of being useless. So for your first, and second and third, franchisees you really need people you can both trust and are up to the job.

Later on when you are sure that your system works and the legals have been tightened up a bit you can think about strangers that have both dosh and a work ethic. I presume you are handing people a business with a guaranteed pre existing workbase, so for the first two franchises at least you will effectively be giving them what at the moment is your business.The wrong person can soon make this worthless.

On the plus side it's a pretty good business model for expansion.It neatly avoids VAT for one thing and is probably more productive for both parties than employing people directly.

With all franchises it is critical that the first two or three takers make a huge success of it.

Window Washers

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 06:03:26 pm »
It's my opinion that if someone wants to wriggle out or wreck your biz they will.Either by a loophole or just by dint of being useless. So for your first, and second and third, franchisees you really need people you can both trust and are up to the job.

Later on when you are sure that your system works and the legals have been tightened up a bit you can think about strangers that have both dosh and a work ethic. I presume you are handing people a business with a guaranteed pre existing workbase, so for the first two franchises at least you will effectively be giving them what at the moment is your business.The wrong person can soon make this worthless.

On the plus side it's a pretty good business model for expansion.It neatly avoids VAT for one thing and is probably more productive for both parties than employing people directly.

With all franchises it is critical th at the start at the first two or three takers make a huge success of it.
it will avoid vat for them, sadly not for me