p1w1

Re: wcp vs george
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2009, 08:53:57 pm »
yes...

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2009, 09:00:12 pm »
my question is ....... if i decide to get WCP is there a way to copy all my george jobs to it or do i have to sit there and input hundreds of customers :'( :'(

Hi Matt3

Yup, there is a REALLY easy way to copy all you Geroge data across....send it to me!! I will get it back to you normally within a couple of hours. If you get it to me tonight/tomorrow morning i will get it back to you by close of play tomorrow. Send it to Brad@windowcleanerpro.com

BR's
Brad

If someone prefers to transfer data themself, will WCPro import a .csv file?  If so, would it be possible to state the field names required (if necessary) to facilitate a succesful import?  If someone tries the software and decides it's not for them, would WCPro export as .csv (not necessary for it to show the field names as these can easily be edited in after)?

Sean Dyer

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 09:04:44 pm »
how much memory does it take up on pda wcp lite??

Will it run okay ... on the one i linked before?

concept

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 10:10:18 pm »
would like to know also.

paper is a thing of the past!

BradMonks

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 09:47:31 am »

Yes, replied on your other post Sean

Brad

ianhannaford

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 09:48:47 am »
my question is ....... if i decide to get WCP is there a way to copy all my george jobs to it or do i have to sit there and input hundreds of customers :'( :'(

Hi Matt3

Yup, there is a REALLY easy way to copy all you Geroge data across....send it to me!! I will get it back to you normally within a couple of hours. If you get it to me tonight/tomorrow morning i will get it back to you by close of play tomorrow. Send it to Brad@windowcleanerpro.com

BR's
Brad

If someone prefers to transfer data themself, will WCPro import a .csv file?  If so, would it be possible to state the field names required (if necessary) to facilitate a succesful import?  If someone tries the software and decides it's not for them, would WCPro export as .csv (not necessary for it to show the field names as these can easily be edited in after)?

We can import a CSV file into WCP, if you send me an email ian@windowcleanerpro.com Ill send you the file and explain the format. At present WCP does not have an export function.

Thanks

Ian

ianhannaford

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 09:49:56 am »

Yes, replied on your other post Sean

Brad

Just to add to this Sean, WCPLite takes up very little space on the PDA. The software is less than 200kb

Ian

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 12:41:27 pm »

Hi Matt3

BR's
Brad
Does that include customer notes and full history your able to do that with ?
Sussex by the sea

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 01:21:33 pm »

Hi Matt3

BR's
Brad

We can import a CSV file into WCP, if you send me an email ian@windowcleanerpro.com Ill send you the file and explain the format. At present WCP does not have an export function.

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian.
I may well do that eventually.  As the trial is time limited, I will wait until there is an export function before doing this.  I suppose I could make the alterations in my current software and in WCPro while trialling it but I would want the export function to be part of the trial.
I don't doubt that the software is very good but I would want an an export function in place first so that my exit strategy would be relatively simple if I decided it wasn't for me.

ianhannaford

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 01:23:40 pm »

Hi Matt3

BR's
Brad

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian.
I may well do that eventually.  As the trial is time limited, I will wait until there is an export function before doing this.  I suppose I could make the alterations in my current software and in WCPro while trialling it but I would want the export function to be part of the trial.
I don't doubt that the software is very good but I would want an an export function in place first so that my exit strategy would be relatively simple if I decided it wasn't for me.

The export functionality in the software is not high on our list of things to do. If you did trial and decide that it wasnt for you then we can always export the data for you manually and send to you in a spreadsheet.

Thanks

Ian

BradMonks

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2009, 02:11:29 pm »
Hi Leapstallbuildings

Why not let me convert your data so you can upload it straight into WCP then run it alongside your current software.

That way you will get a back-to-back comparison and the fact that End Of Day on WCP takes literally seconds you wont be spending hours inputting information etc. and you'll be able to see if WCP fits into your business within a couple of weeks. If it doesn't then stick with your other system and if it does then you've just saved a long wait to get a software package that is easy to use, saves you time/effort and in the long run makes you money!

Just a thought!

BR's
Brad