Nathanael Jones

Re: Hot water machines are they worth it?
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009, 04:13:02 pm »
I have a diy setup, but i use hot on everything. Mine averages less than £1 per day to run.

NWH

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009, 04:14:31 pm »
In the winter i use it everyday and in the summer months i normally use it on roofs and first cleans only although it dries much quicker you`ll find it hard to turn it off when you first get it no matter what time of year you get it,it costs a few quid to run a day and it is far far better when plumbed into the fuel tank don`t go for the marine tank option it`s not worth the smell in the van from having to fill it or the hassel.Mine heats water to between 60-80 degrees and this temp is achieved in about 10-15mins after switch on.

Totus

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009, 04:16:57 pm »

I have a diy setup, but i use hot on everything. Mine averages less than £1 per day to run.

Can't argue with that. Does it save massively on the time of a job? Or do you just find that it gives a better clean?

NWH

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2009, 04:21:04 pm »
Both of the above and hot users will confirm this,cold users will argue till the cows come home but there just poor cold WFPolers lol. ;D ;D ;D

Totus

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2009, 04:28:06 pm »
Fighting talk....like it!!! ;D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2009, 05:29:12 pm »
Yep, faster, better result, more supple hose,.. I never use cold anymore. :)

ian1972

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2009, 06:18:13 pm »
has anyone any information on 1 of the diy hot water systems as in how hard they are to fit any were to get from any information would b appreciated any links or diaagrams either post on ere or email at ianmort@live.co.uk i been using cold water for some time fancy giving the hot water a blast cheers guys

EZclean

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2009, 06:32:14 pm »
rung my insurance up to ask about carrying a gas botle and water heater.
will not be covered. that's with more than business.
how did anyone else get on, or have you not told them?
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

Totus

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2009, 07:00:41 pm »
Just had a look at the varitech hot water system are these easy to fit yourself to an existing cold water setup or is it advisable to get them to install it?

If an install what is the cost.

Cheers

t h

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2009, 07:04:41 pm »
do you crack any of your windows with hot water?

NWH

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2009, 07:16:21 pm »
No you won`t crack any windows with it unless your working in Antarctica,and as for fitting the Varitech heater i would get a good motor mechanic to fit it for you someone that knows a bit more than most,the fuel lines on the heater and small pump although look simple to fit are not as straight forward as you would first think.Also as van floors have ridges on them it`s a good idea to fit small brackets either side of the heater in order for it to sit flush on the van floor,fitting it as it is on a van floor would leave it looking lop sided or Pi**ed.Like i say it looks simple and is to the right person but i wouldn`t attemp it myself with basic knowledge,also bear in mind they weigh a hell of a lot more than you`d think aswell.