Peter Fogwill

Re: what pole is best
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 09:11:46 am »
Steve, you have some valid points, and there are ways around the problems you are experiencing. You can hold the hose tight when doing the bottoms, or you can use your hand to turn the brush on.

But because of the problems you mentioned, and the fact that people might not work out the problems themselves, I have sorted the new pole so the sections don't spin inside each other.  It will also be much less flimsy in construction as well.  This new version will be ready for the end of June.

Peter

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 09:20:18 am »
I'd certainly agree with Peter that most poles are impractical for ground floor windows. I've only been at it a few weeks and I'm sure that I must have deheaded quite a few tulips with the back end of my pole, and I suspect that quite a few garden gnomes were close to being decapitated.

I've attached a brush to a broom handle for downstairs windows. It works brilliantly, but I have to carry TWO poles instead of just one.

The obvious solution is to have poles made of a greater number of shorter sections. This will, of course, incease the complexity, cost and weight.

ANY engineering solution is a compromise.

I supose that our favourite pole is not much else than the compromise that suits the individual's needs best.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 09:23:27 am »
Is 17ft enough to get to windows above conservatories?

Arthur

I use a pole of around 17 - 18ft to get above conservatories.  I sometimes find that I need to get to some of it from a sideways angle though.  On the odd occasions when it doesn't seem quite long enough, I just stand on a hop-up to reduce the angle.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 09:33:06 am »
Just a footnote for anyone who may not have read the article the quotes were from.  The points mentioned 1, 2, and 3

1/ The poles on the market are time consuming to use.

2/ The poles on the market are no use at going from second storey window to ground floor windows.

3/ The poles on the market because of there long closed length are harder to carry around, and transport in your vehicle.

Points 2 and 3 can easily be sorted with smaller, and more sections, which means more clamps, or more sections to push together, and in turn makes point 1 even more time consuming.

Peter

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 11:30:54 am »
  This new version will be ready for the end of June.

Peter

I for one can't wait. I love clampless poles, and use them wherever possible.
And sneak previews of the MKII Peter?

Will it be aluminium?
What size will it be closed/ extended and how many sections will be used?
What weight will it be?
What's the expected price?

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 01:20:53 pm »

Will it be aluminium?
What weight will it be?

To start with they will be Glass Fibre, and later on a hybrid or carbon will be introduced if necessary.

The weight will be very favorable 2.6KG for 28 foot of pole.

The sections of the smallest pole will be 7x4' sections, 28' overall, obviously some will be left inside each other, but you will have a working height of 28 foot.  The pole can be bought in any section lenghts you want, 5 foot, or 6 foot, but I wouldn't think you would want to go higher.  You would have the disadvantage though of not having the just over 4 foot closed height.  There will be extensions available later on to extend the 28 foot, by say another 10 foot if necessary.

The cost of the 28 foot I am hoping to price the same as the version just now, but it certainly won't be any dearer than similarly constructed clamped poles on the market.

Peter

jonah

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2008, 02:19:17 pm »
Hi peter , just wanted to thank you for advice here you are giving , and also on you website . I have just decided to go wfp , and your help is much appreciated, I am sure I will be purchasing some items from you soon .   Cheers buddy  ;D

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 03:33:17 pm »

Will it be aluminium?
What weight will it be?

To start with they will be Glass Fibre, and later on a hybrid or carbon will be introduced if necessary.

The sections of the smallest pole will be 7x4' sections, 28' overall, obviously some will be left inside each other, but you will have a working height of 28 foot.  The pole can be bought in any section lenghts you want, 5 foot, or 6 foot, but I wouldn't think you would want to go higher.  You would have the disadvantage though of not having the just over 4 foot closed height.  There will be extensions available later on to extend the 28 foot, by say another 10 foot if necessary.

The cost of the 28 foot I am hoping to price the same as the version just now, but it certainly won't be any dearer than similarly constructed clamped poles on the market.

Peter
I cant seem to get the details and price of your clampless pole,

Ian

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2008, 05:13:51 pm »
Ian, www.window-tools.com, there is quite a bit of information about the pole linked to the site.

Peter

Art

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2008, 05:15:13 pm »
Hi again Peter, any chance of just posting the prices please

Arthur

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2008, 05:22:14 pm »
£159 for the pole complete with Autobrush, and £7.50 delivery, plus VAT.

I have two versions at the moment, but it is really worth waiting o the new one at the end of June.

Peter

Art

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2008, 05:25:10 pm »

I have two versions at the moment, but it is really worth waiting o the new one at the end of June.

Peter

Thanks Peter, that sounds reasonable. Is that the 17ft one? Will the new ones be the same price?

Arthur

steve m

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2008, 05:26:34 pm »
any chance of an on-line catalogue or something as everytime I go on it theres never anything to see or to buy

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2008, 05:28:15 pm »
Ian, www.window-tools.com, there is quite a bit of information about the pole linked to the site.

Peter
Cheers for that Peter, I am having real trouble finding anything about poles on your site  ::), can you add a link to the poles or email the details.

Ian

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2008, 05:47:32 pm »

Peter

Thanks Peter, that sounds reasonable. Is that the 17ft one? Will the new ones be the same price?

Arthur

It is for a 24' pole, which is about 4' closed.  Or I have a Universal 21' but that is about 7' closed.  The Universal is much stronger, but has more weight, and dosn't close up as small. 

I would rather wait and sell you one of the new ones when available.  The new ones will hopefully be the same price.  I have the price of the non turning sections sorted out, but I can't finalise the prices of the clamp-less fittings until I have the pole sections to hand.  I can assure everyone though that they will not be any more expensive than an equivalent weighted glass fibre pole on the market at the moment.  It won't be any heavier either.

Peter

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2008, 05:53:03 pm »
any chance of an on-line catalogue or something as everytime I go on it theres never anything to see or to buy

Steve I don't have, it is something I keep meaning to do though. 

I would rather people ordered on the phone though, or at least spoke to me first so as I can explain a few things to them on the phone.  I had them on eBay a while back, and I was amazed at the amount of people that phoned or emailed to say their pole wouldn't stay up, and where is the clamps. 

Peter

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2008, 05:58:58 pm »

Cheers for that Peter, I am having real trouble finding anything about poles on your site  ::), can you add a link to the poles or email the details.

Ian

Ian here is the link,
www.window-tools.com/new%20pole.htm
but I left something out when I made up the page and it dosn't display properly, but it will give you an idea.

Peter

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2008, 08:54:40 pm »

Will it be aluminium?
What weight will it be?

Peter

Can't wait Peter,.. keep us updated!

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 08:06:55 am »

Ian

Ian here is the link,
www.window-tools.com/new%20pole.htm
but I left something out when I made up the page and it dosn't display properly, but it will give you an idea.

Peter
Thanks for that Peter.
And if you ever need any help on your site let me know.

Ian

paulm

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2008, 07:25:34 pm »
get yourself a tucker pole. a bit pricey in comparison, but for durability they can't be beaten i've been using mine for 6 yrs now and its still as good as new.