macc

Cleaning a Conservatory Roof.
« on: August 25, 2006, 08:55:32 pm »
Hi all.

Untill now i have always used my wfp to clean conservatory roofs. I run a Tucker so if the roof is pretty bad i can attach the detergent to it.

Ive read on here a lot use tfr, but what cleaning cream do you use to clean upvc.

Many thanks.

Macc

edd

Re: Cleaning a Conservatory Roof.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 09:06:53 pm »
jif

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 09:11:14 pm »
Hi Mac

I have always found that even on really badly stained PVC, the pure water will lift 95% of the staining out.

Any really bad patches I find, I will soak them down, leave them for a couple of mins, then give them an initial wash down and another good soaking. This seems to work well.

If you are going to use a cream leaner, rather use a UPVC one or a very soft (not abrasive) cream cleaner, otherwise you will end up scratching the surface. Scratches may not show straight away, however, within a few weeks of weathering and dirt, they will begin to show and your future clean of the UPVC will be 100 times harder.

Hope the above helps

Many Thanks

Andrew

macc

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 09:38:19 pm »
Great help thanks. Got my first clean off my conservatory ladders tomorrow. It would have been awkward wfp so i can get an idea how good they are, i want to do a pukka job so the cleaning cream im hoping will be the iceing on the cake. Thanks for the tip on none abrasive cream cleaner.

Macc

vivaro 013

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 10:45:01 pm »
I clean a lot of consertvatory roofs in the north east  using a consertvatory roof  ladder ,  be careful and make sure ladder is properly secured to glass , its take me on average 6 hours to do a roof getting it back to A1 condition

mick hay

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 10:55:51 pm »
6 hours!!!     christ...takes me max 3 hours to do a whole cons top to bottom thats in a right state!!!   average takes 2 - 2 1/2 hrs.

For pvcu cleaning i use the "bond it" cream cleaner, cant remember where i got it from though, great stuff!

The tfr i use is the northern tools one..it dilute 2 : 1.    non caustic.

Good luck with the clean, they come up real nice!!

Ian Rochester

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 06:44:02 am »
Mick,

We use the same TFR, agitate with a stiff brush then rinse off with hose, find it works very well.  Also use the Ettore UPVC Cleaner, normally only takes a couple of hours from start to finish.

We've tried using just WFP but it does not get the ingrained dirt out of the crevices.

I looked at buying a con roof ladder, but they are a horrendous price (£400+) if anyone knows where I can get one cheaper let me know.

Ian

mick hay

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 07:50:49 am »
Hi lionheart,

You wont get one any cheaper anywhere!!

I looked for ages, but beleive me, if you do a lot of these or market it right, it will be worth its money, cos it speeds you right up!!, and you can do the reverse pitch roofs, which i always charge more for!

pjulk

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 10:41:11 am »
I also use the TFR from northern tools very good and the bond it pvc cleaner which im sure i got from scrim city

Paul

macc

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 05:54:16 pm »
Cheers for replys, great help. The conservatory ladders are perfect.

I dont think it makes the job any faster but nice & safe & the roof came up mint.

Thanks  ;D

Macc