H h20

Fishing poles
« on: August 23, 2006, 10:38:55 pm »
I know that a few have and are using carbon fishing poles for wfp,i have recently purchased one i have taken off the 2 top sections as they are way too thin and it`s now about 25ft,i need to know how you have or can fix an adjustable gooseneck and if you use the hose in or out of the pole because of how they collapse,the reason i have got it is i do a job that takes about 2 hours and is all 3 story and it has been a real arm ache using my fibreglass pole,the weight of the fishing pole is unbelieavabley lighter and will be a lot better to use,so any advie would be helpful,cheers Gaz  ;)

ronaldo

Re: Fishing poles
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 10:43:14 pm »
Ive got a 13 metre roach pole and its that light i can hold it horizontally when its fully extended in one hand, but at £950.00 i dont think i,ll be using it to clean windows.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

jeff evans

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 11:38:51 pm »
Gaz.
You need to remove the top 3 sections, you then buy from gardiners the correct size ends to fit a plastic goose neck.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 10:13:07 am »
Bloody Hell, what a waste of a quality piece of fishing gear. They are not meant to be used in this way and I'd question whether they were really up to it. As an angler for over 25 years I've broken a few pole sections just by being a little rough with them, so chucking them in and out of a van all day can't be good for them.

Poles  ( The window cleaning variety ) aren't that expensive, so invest in a proper one and leave the others for the anglers amongst us.

Unless of course you fancy a spot of fishing in your lunch break!!!
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

H h20

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 03:25:25 pm »
Well the pole only cost £20  :D  and i seriously doubt that i could get a carbon wfp for that :-\ (but why not?)and like i said it is for 1 job so it`s not going to chucked in and out of the van all day  ;D,Gaz

matt

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 06:45:15 pm »
Gaz

Jeff B has made a few posts about this on the DIY forum

go and have a looksie

trevor perry

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 07:07:28 pm »
gardners new superlite is made from fishing tackle used the 60ft one last week it was brilliant i started intending only to do top 2 floors with it but ended up keep taking sections of and doing all floors 3hrs solid  with 60ft pole and arms shoulders and neck still fresh could have used it all day.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

jeff evans

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 07:39:42 pm »
Gaz have you got a link to where you bought the pole from for 20 quid.

Thanks jeff

H h20

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 10:03:41 pm »
Gaz have you got a link to where you bought the pole from for 20 quid.

Thanks jeff
Jeff i got it from a market in Towyn North Wales,Gaz

jeff evans

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 10:15:12 pm »
Market it is then, ;) cheers jeff

baldeagle

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 08:07:36 pm »
I recently bought a fibreglass fishing pole from http://www.sotabeams.co.uk/SOTAPole.htm
to support an amateur radio aerial when out "portable".
Not sure if it's what you need.
Baldeagle in Staffordshire.
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.