shammy davis jnr

drug money laundering
« on: August 23, 2006, 04:38:24 pm »
does any of you think that the industry is an easy target to launder drug money
the reason i put this to you was i saw in the news that a lot of gangs are using car washes for this very thing
they say they clean 50 cars a day and in reality its only  five our six but there books say diffrent
has any one came across this prob
just wondering   

sunshine windows

Re: drug money laundering
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 05:33:48 pm »
Sounds to me like you're hanging out with the wrong people Shammy.

On a more serious note though. It is a great possibility that these sort of things are going on in this, or any other trade where a majority of the work is paid for in cash.

Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

julianbiggs

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 05:35:58 pm »
I'm just a humble window cleaner............didn't think window cleaners were into any    " Miami Vice " action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Londoner

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 06:42:37 pm »
Anybody with any sort of business can launder money through the books and it doesn't have to be drug money.

If you were running a good business and it was getting near the point that you were going to have to pay  tax at the higher rate or register for VAt or whatever you might feel tempted to start a separate business in your wife's name and channel some of the cash through that. ( Don't take this as a suggestion, its illegal )

However, window cleaning would be the sort of business that would lend itself to that sort of misuse.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 08:56:20 pm »
mi 5 here your all nicked  :o
lol no just was on news the other day  and i thought  where is safe these days

macc

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 09:19:28 pm »
On the news the other night a MP claimed if you live in London you can leave your windows open crime is that low its safe, not if Shammy is in town.  ;D JOKE

mark dew

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 10:14:08 pm »
I think it would take a very clever person for anyone to successfully launder drug money through a visible business such as window cleaning.
I would have to do about 80 extra jobs to cover another £1000.
It would be easy to launder drug money through window cleaning, but i don't think it would survive any scrutiny.
Besides, if you spend any dodgy money on material things they will only be taken way. What's the point.
Buy an education, training, a moment or an experience instead.
No-one can ever take that away.

twt

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 04:51:05 pm »
"I think it would take a very clever person for anyone to successfully launder drug money through a visible business such as window cleaning"

sorry have to disagree you would not have to be that clever at all, i would not do it myself but you could very easily put down youve earnt more than you actually have i know of a few wcers that dont have a written record of there customers but just record how much they earn each day an extra 50 quid or so would not be unplausable. This business is wide open to abuse i would think it would take more to fiddle your taxes than to launder a small amount of drugs money.