calmore

Re: Will this help with the job i hate.
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2006, 12:21:15 pm »
A lot of people use the internet these days. How about giving the option to pay by Paypal?

You can send out invoices via email which customers can pay online using their credit card. I think the customer can even set up automatic recurring payments.

www.paypal.co.uk
Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/

carl stanton

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2006, 12:32:17 pm »
it all well using pay pal but your prices have to be right, so that the charges dont eat your profit so much, more than driving around or waiting that bit longer for a cheque in the post.
i have been thinking on top of what all have said here about asking customers for 12 cheque's and cashing them in with each clean, thats the basic idea any way

any thoughts on that??   ???

marc al

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2006, 08:25:44 pm »
  When you leave an envelope always write the address on the inside of it, people are terrible at putting the correct details on the front of the cheque, let alone on the back!!

Marc

EasyClean

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2006, 09:39:41 pm »
When someone sends you a cheque keep a record of the account number (allow for 2 accounts per customer) and address in a spreadsheet. That way if you receive a cheque and you don't know who it's from, when you enter the first few digits on a spreadsheet 'search', the address will automatically pop up. I always write the address & date of clean on the inside of the SAE I leave for each customer as it keeps the bookwork simple.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2006, 10:59:52 pm »
paypal........ then you give them a percentage to transfer the money into a bank account which takes upto 5 days no thanks

macc

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2006, 11:19:29 pm »
Usually 3 cleans but nearly all pay up before.

I have maybe 3 or 4 which still are slow to pay but will probably be dropping them once i have been paid.

I had 1 that owed my £160 for 4 cleans but i only did this because i knew i would get payment.

You will get to know who's good and who isn't.

I've dropped quite a few jobs lately because of bad payment but replaced them with with good.

Craig

Same as Craig. You will get to know your customers. Ive some that ive been doing years, i know if there not in i wont get a cheque sent but as soon as i see them settled & get a bottle of Scotch or Vodka for xmas  ;D.

Bad payers you will get to know that wont send if there out & never have any money when there in drop them. My attitude is iou's dont pay the bills.

Macc