Alistair@AWC

Sub Pump has packed in!!!!!!
« on: August 21, 2006, 11:25:57 am »
Ive got a 2 week old submersible pump and this morning when I went to transfer my water for the day to my van .......................NOTHING

Ive changed all the fuses and checked for kinks in the pipe but its made no difference.

The only thing thats got me thinking is that I leave it permanately submersed in my IBC tank but surely its got to be totally water-proof.......and to top it off ive thrown the box away as well as having to chop off and replace the plug to feed the wire through a wall, so im doubting I'll be able to send it back!

I know there are continously rated pumps but I think thats for permanent use i.e. the motor, not being submersed.

Its the Blue 5000ltr/hour sub pump from Gardiners!

Any ideas guys

Regards

Alistair

freshwater

Re: Sub Pump has packed in!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 01:05:44 pm »
 Alistairstott,

Send it back, the fact that you have replaced the plug (unless this caused the fault) should not invalidate your claim, and as it's a submersible pump it should be capable of being submerged.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk

paul mather

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 01:08:24 pm »
Alastair,

Ring Kirsty, she'll replace it no questions asked I'm sure
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 01:14:58 pm »
Hi Guys,

Rang Kirsty and I agree with her that no box and a plug thats been tampered with would invalidate any warranty, and its not fair to pressure her into taking it back because it would only leave Gardiners out of pocket!

SOLUTION.................................B&Q sell a 7000LPH Performance Power (Own Brand) Submersible Pump for £24.95, well happy and I know where my sub pumps will be coming from in the future.

Cheers

Alistair