aztec

NEW POLE FROM UNGER
« on: August 19, 2006, 01:19:33 pm »
Has anyone got the new HI FLO CARBONTEC POLE from UNGER?
Iam considering buying one and was wondering on your thoughts of it and if it is a good pole worth its cost? £1600.00!

Pros and cons of this pole or any equivelant poles would help too if you can lads!!

paul mather

Re: NEW POLE FROM UNGER
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 01:23:24 pm »
Iam considering buying one and was wondering on your thoughts of it and if it is a good pole worth its cost? £1600.00!

Pros and cons of this pole or any equivelant poles would help too if you can lads!!

HOW MUCH!!!!!!! :o :o :o
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

aztec

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 01:26:25 pm »
Tell me about it must either be the mother of all poles or one big con!
Thats why i am asking about it!!!

paul mather

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 01:28:35 pm »
I'd want it to make the tea as well for that!
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 02:09:32 pm »
I have handled and examined this pole in great detail and have decided that our firm will not be stocking and selling this 'interesting' product.

Alex Gardiner

aztec

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 02:10:35 pm »
Can i ask why not?

Extremeclean

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 02:48:11 pm »
I would think that the answer to that is obvious.

Gardiners are soon to be selling their own range of poles that will compete in the same market as the Unger.

aztec

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 02:53:43 pm »
Do i detect some bad blood here boys!

Extremeclean

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 03:07:51 pm »
What a silly remark about bad blood.

Gardiners are OK in my book. They do a good job in fulfilling the needs of a certain sector of the market with value for money products.

Alex is a businessman who has probably invested a lot of his own money in developing his range of super light poles. They will compete directly against the likes of the Unger pole so to me the answer really is pretty obvious.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 03:45:51 pm »
Here is  the link http://www.hiflocarbontec.com/
and a different one http://www.carbonized.nl/stelen.html
Note the weights for thwe second sytem, what are the weights for the UNGER ???????????

aztec

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 03:53:58 pm »
i was only joking about the bad blood comment no need to spit your dummy out!

Jon T.C.

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 04:22:41 pm »
I 'm well pleased with mine. OK - the price is a bit steep, but the pole suits me for my commercial work. Very easy to erect, as it comes in 5ft sections. Each to there own - someone else will no doubt say its crap and a waste of money  :-\
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 04:26:10 pm »

surely you have added 1 too many 0's £160 yes
£1600 this must be a joke?
is it 1st april?
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006, 04:53:32 pm »
I do not want to be accused of knocking the competition! Unger are a very good company who produce many top quality products, which I have in my vehicle right now. And this product is very well made.

There is no chance of bad blood, as we could if wanted be an official stockist and sell them and make money on them (I think that the mark-up is quite good on this range) as we do with many other products.

With each product we look at selling we try to ask the question would we actually like using this item in our own commercial and domestic window cleaning rounds (regardless of price or other products that we stock and sell) and the answer with this product is no. We feel that you have to believe in what you sell.

Alex

trevor perry

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2006, 05:16:56 pm »
i have looked at the unger pole at excel and decided against it but today used gardners new light pole which he kindly allowed me to buy early for work i had booked in . it was amazing to use very rigid  and used at sixty feet length  felt easier to move than most thirty feet poles oh yes and at nearly a third the cost of ungers pole my only criticism is it can take longer to set up than telescpic extendable poles but this is easily lived with when you  feel how light . oh yes it can be shortened and used in as few sections as required so one pole suits all and fits easily in back of small van so no worrys about leaving on roofrack for some theif to nick.  well worth its money
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 05:47:50 pm »
Hello Alexg .

i believe in your products but cannot get hold of you.

I tried calling twice yesterday left a message - no reply.

Tristan.

tristanmiddle@yahoo.co.uk  or tel:07946584730

Chris A

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 08:28:41 pm »
Aztec,
        We use the pole and think it's great even at that price, easy for 1 man to get up to full length, light, strong, stiff at the brush head and I like the trolley it comes in. It came with 10 sections and we are soon to add another couple of sections so I'll let you know how we get on. I'm not an expert on big poles as we are new to pure water cleaning but after watching other pole users struggle trying to extend their poles to 60 foot i'm sure we have made the right decision about the unger one. People go on about the price of things and I'm all for saving a few quid in certain areas but the tools I use will always be the best available, I believe image plays a big part in getting more contracts and the unger pole coupled with the Concept 2o system is getting us noticed and has led to more work far exeeding the cost of the pole and system.
                                  Chris

aztec

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2006, 08:51:57 pm »
thanks chris your comments have been noted mate,i think i will get one as i like the idea of the storage bag it comes in and the rigidity of the pole. do you know how many sections is the maximum you could use?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 08:53:00 pm »
Hi Tristan,

All of the staff were at a wedding yesterday morning and so may not have managed to work through the backlog of calls in the afternoon (you would be amazed how many calls come in each and every hour!).

I am sure that your query will be dealt with on Monday morning.

Alex

Chris A

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 09:04:59 pm »
Aztec,
         I phoned unger to check about how many sections you could add and they said as many as you are comfortable with, I would be happy to add  another 2 sections. Alexg, I would definatley be interested in your pole as we are about to buy another Unger one, as long as it's as good or even better.
             Chris