Pj

Booster pump New
« on: August 19, 2006, 11:01:55 am »
I've thought about this before

freshwater

Re: Booster pump
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 12:53:17 pm »
Jack,

You need a special RO pump that will give you high flow as well as high pressure, we can do you one for £700 inc vat, It includes the pump, high & low pressure cut out switches and a liquid filled gauge. Its sometimes cheaper to add another membrane, but as you say at low pressures they degrade more rapidly, so you will need to renew them more often.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk

paul mather

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 01:14:56 pm »
Jack,

You need a special RO pump that will give you high flow as well as high pressure, we can do you one for £700 inc vat, It includes the pump, high & low pressure cut out switches and a liquid filled gauge. Its sometimes cheaper to add another membrane, but as you say at low pressures they degrade more rapidly, so you will need to renew them more often.

HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

JM123

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 06:39:10 pm »
before you buy a pump, telephone your local water authority and have them come out and check the stop valve feeding into your house is fully open, I know over here in Northern Ireland you don't pay for this service but not sure about england/wales/skottlund. 
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

freshwater

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 08:19:09 pm »
yes £700, pumps for big ro membranes are expensive.

abacus

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 10:02:22 pm »
 Hi Pirate

with respect even ionics do a really good pump with switch off and I know someone with one, works a treat and its only £260.00 + vat and Ive seen the same for£168.07 + vat 240 volt @ 70 lpm max  or £158.52 + vat 47 lpm both with  pressure switch and gauge and holding tank

I have used 12 volt 75 psi sureflow with very good results since they have been dropping the pressure at nights to keep the leeks to a minimum because of the drought however I'm told this works better if you use it off of a small holding tank which you need to put a ball stop in

Some times if you look around you can buy from the same distributers as others but without their mark up

For £700.00 you can buy 2 more 40 40 Ros  or the pump and another 40 40 and bath in the bl**dy stuff.

regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

freshwater

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 10:19:26 pm »
abacus,

as I said its sometimes cheaper to add another membrane.

abacus

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 10:28:33 pm »
Hi
just seen the pump on www.purewindowwater.co .uk for£199.00 +vat

Freshwater that is true however they will work more efficiently at a high pressure depending on which you have high or low pressure and will foul less if run on a higher pressure For ex  I use 2x 40 40 low pressure will run between 20psi and 100psi max best results around 80 psi

some high  pressure ro s will not run at all well on less than 60 psi

regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved