Jason Atwell

rubbers
« on: August 18, 2006, 11:29:16 pm »
Fairly new to window cleaning, enjoying the work and improving steadily. Im finding the ends of my squeegee rubbers tend to get nicked really quickly(sometimes halfway through a day) leaving small tram lines as i move the squeegee around the window.Is this due to rough wooden frames? How often should you change the rubbers and any advice on best makes and advice on these tram lines?
thanks
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

Pat Purcell

Re: rubbers
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 11:35:54 pm »
Depends on how many windows you are doing and what type as to how often you will need to change the rubber If you are doing alot of old windows then it will wear out quickly not so fast on new windows Change it immediatly once it starts leaving lines which may be as often as twice a day to economise most people turn it around in the channel to get a bit more out of it and then cut the ends off to fit a smaller squeegee just remember that the faster they wear out the more you must be earning ;)
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

Fast 1 *

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 11:51:19 pm »
funny enough,today my squeegee started pulling a line through the water,but when i checked it there was no nick,so i turned it round and the same thing happened.Put a new rubber in it and it happened again.Wasnt even using it on old frames.P*ssed me right off.
wildstyles

Pat Purcell

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 12:00:32 am »
Faast one is there a nick in your squeegee blade
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

Fast 1 *

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 12:07:36 am »
It happened on another squeegee of mine aswell tho.Not unless when i replace it in the bucket on a belt its affecting the rubber?very strange
wildstyles

reah

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 12:15:47 am »
Hey
Try puting  a squggiee  replacement rubber handel in the boab.
I gluled mine in and this has sloved this problen.
They are about 80p.

Fast 1 *

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 12:20:25 am »
Sorry reah i dont follow that mate,could you elaborate a bit more.
wildstyles

ian m

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 01:11:44 am »
i think what he means is that your BOab is causing the nick in your rubber.

some folk use a ruber squeegee hangle as a liner that fits into the BOab

hope that makes sense

goodnight god bless etc......

ian
I know you are out there....... I can hear you breathing

Richy L

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 10:07:56 am »
i used to have the same problem as you FASTONE. Practically everyother day i would have to change my blade because of a nick in it. Found out it was my bucket on a belt that was leaving the mark. Now, when i put my belt in the van when driving to the next house, or overnight, i take my squeegee out, and put it in one of my pouches, problem solved! :)