pylofm

Tops and frequency
« on: August 18, 2006, 03:59:03 pm »
Hi all....well were into our second week of being window cleaners and we are enjoying it...We have been leafleting and canvassing.

We are finding that alot of people are asking for 'just tops' and or 8 week, 12 weeks....obviously this is all to save money, do you come across the same?

Obviously we are new and as such all work is considered....how do you or did you manage these requests?

Cheers Dave

DASERVICES

Re: Tops and frequency
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 04:01:49 pm »

Dave,

Only probs with doing top with WFP is the water will run onto the bottom
  windows. You will then have to balde the bottoms otherwise they will complain
  about the runs on the bottom.

So make sure you price this factor in.

Doug

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 04:12:05 pm »
I try to keep a customer, so will ask if I thing they maybe struggling money wise, and offer rescheduling at a price. 4 monthly can be  almost twice the work time. Charge more than 1/2 price for the tops only.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 04:27:46 pm »
I don't bother with such requests, but if you're new to it I suppose you need all the work you can get.

Just make sure you drop it as soon as there's something more productive to fill your time. ;)

You will then have to balde the bottoms otherwise they will complain
  about the runs on the bottom.
;D

macc

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 07:00:20 pm »
I don't bother with such requests, but if you're new to it I suppose you need all the work you can get.

Just make sure you drop it as soon as there's something more productive to fill your time. ;)

Im with Squeaky on this one. All my work is 4 weeks.

Macc

matt

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 09:15:44 pm »
i do a few tops only

i allways charge 75% of the house price, afterall its harder work going up and down a ladder etc etc etc (of course i use WFP now, built it myself, DIY style, its the future ;))

the water runs down on the downstairs windows, but that the price they pay, i often chuckle to myself, that they have saved 2.50 ish and then have to clean the downstairs that i expect will take them 30 mins

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 09:53:46 pm »
I dont even bother with top only people , waste of my time , if they can do the bottoms then i tell them to do the tops too and stop being so tight !

Rich   P @ F 

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

marc

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 10:52:25 pm »
same here its all or nothink i have only one customer that i do tops only and hes about 80 and he pays £4 tops where it would normally be £5 to £5.50 if someone asks for 2 monthly i dont bother its all on my terms or not at all.

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 07:08:26 am »
I have never ever been asked for tops only. Lots of customers want 6,8 or 12 weeks. With WFP this is getting to be the normal interval.
It used to be a pain but now I am using George it takes it all in its stride

pylofm

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 08:02:31 am »
Thanks for all the replies....If you guys are using wfp would you consider 6, 8 week intervals between cleans to be ok?

Cheers
Dave.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 08:07:17 am »
Hi all....well were into our second week of being window cleaners and we are enjoying it...We have been leafleting and canvassing.

We are finding that alot of people are asking for 'just tops' and or 8 week, 12 weeks....obviously this is all to save money, do you come across the same?

Obviously we are new and as such all work is considered....how do you or did you manage these requests?

Cheers Dave

For domestic I do a 6 weekly service and a full clean each time.  I only do it differently for the very large (by my standards) jobs - i.e. if a job is large enough on its own to justify going to an area for.  The exact amount of money involved will depend how far away it is or even how OK I feel working for the person sometimes.

matt

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 08:47:11 am »
6 weeks for me (when the weather allows)

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 01:08:08 pm »
you could always suggest an extra charge for two monthly cleans etc.
maybe add 15% charge for two monthly and 20% extra for more than two monthly?
then they might just agrre to a monthly clean anyway!
when I'm cleaning windows

Londoner

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 08:08:07 am »
Don't say that you are charging them extra, ask them first how often they want them cleaned. I am now suggesting that because the system is so good they won't need me so often but then quote high.
The effect is the same. Its better for me to clean less often for more money  and the customer feels they are getting a good deal as well.

pylofm

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 09:28:01 am »
Thanks for all the advice and info....Have decided that we will do tops only but for 4 and 6 week customers....8 weekly customers will have full cleans or nothing.

Here in Holland I am finding that lots of potential clients tell us that 'we clean the bottoms ourselves'. It just seems to be the way most people are.

Cheers for all the info

Dave.