Neil Mc Anulty

How would youse do this
« on: August 17, 2006, 09:44:46 pm »
How would any of you attempt to clean these?
Baring in mind that you cannot gain access to the appartments

Majestic

Re: How would youse do this
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 09:48:00 pm »
I would use a WFP for the windows and tell them I would need to clean the ones on there balconys from the balcony , then sort out a day when you have a good chance of getting them all in.
Or just leave the balcony ones

jeff evans

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 09:54:27 pm »
As john says just leave the balcony ones price for everything else.

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 10:03:20 pm »
The job would be for a management company. Gaining access to the appartments would be a nightmare as there are 59 in total.

ronaldo

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 10:06:27 pm »
I wouldnt bother with that kind of nonsense work.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 10:23:52 pm »
How much of a gap between the balcony rail and the window? Looks narrow.

It's a game of three halves!

Chris A

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 10:30:11 pm »
Rope access

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 10:31:22 pm »
I'm with Ronaldo.
I just wouldn't bother with it.

Why take on complicated stuff?
There's plenty of easy work out there.

P®oPole™

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 10:34:43 pm »
why take it on ??? ££££££££££££££££ thats why, theres a price for everything and big money could be made from that job.

Cherry picker.

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 10:50:15 pm »
Thats what I like to hear Propole. I would look at it the same way more difficult=moremoney.
I have access to a pole system but I was thinking of hiring some sort of lifting device

Cheers
neil

dai

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 10:50:40 pm »
As Malcolm G said, there isn't the space to work. There is a flower pot on the 3rd floor and that seems to fill the gap. Leave the job and shoot the architect. Dai

edd

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 10:53:26 pm »
watz the point do somthing easier

Chris A

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 11:09:08 pm »
I dont like repeating myself but rope access is the answer

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 11:26:25 pm »
The centre of the picture shows a patio door with about 2 foot balcony, over to the left there is the same effect but no door

matt

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 11:28:22 pm »
you would get to most of the balcony windows upto the "flower pot" flat with a longer enough pole and stand WELL BACK

the top 1 you would have to just let the pure water run down the windows hoping it cleans a bit of the dirt off

Pat Purcell

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 11:35:51 pm »
did anybody say rope access  ;Dalthough that looks like a gutter at the top which means a slanted roof so more difficult and thats a hell of an overhang on the right of the picture
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

Trevor Knight

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 06:32:59 am »
How would any of you attempt to clean these?
Baring in mind that you cannot gain access to the appartments

Straight forward!

I have a couple like this on the seafront, the way we work is simple.

I quote for the building and included as part of my terms and conditions is that I would notify the management company 1 week in advance of the cleaning date. They would inturn, notify the tennants of our date for cleaning the windows.

If, when we arrive, they are in, we knock and clean the balcony windows. If they are out, TOUGH! we will just clean the outside balcony glass. We do make this a first call job to give them every change of being in so we start at 8am.

Whatever we clean is irrelevant to the cost as I price for the buliding and thats the job lot!

Remember guys, when you price work we are not magicians, we cannot wave some magic wand and everything falls into place. When you talk to these companies ask how they expect you to manage this problem? You will soon see they are just as keen to get a solution as you are and normally will work to help you and not exepect Paul Daniels to turn up!

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

premclean

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2006, 07:01:15 am »

Excellent replies  from Trevor and Propole, there is always a solution to every job if, as mr Propole surmised the money is right. Not every job is straight forward and a challenge is good at times, keeps you on your toes. The management company of this building are not idiots i imagine and they must know the balconies pose a problem. As Trevor said let the tenants know you are going to hit the job early and clean whoever is in at the time. If some tenants dont want to play ball, then they are unlucky.
Just because a job involves a little bit of thought and problems to overcome doesnt make it worth overlooking.Imagine the amount of shiners who have had that attititude with this job probably already,
the management company are probably over the the moon to have you quote for the job as they will probably have been put off by the doom mongers!   

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2006, 07:56:19 am »
why take it on ??? ££££££££££££££££ thats why, theres a price for everything and big money could be made from that job.

Cherry picker.
Cherry picker?
More money wasted, more bother.....

You got to be desperate for work.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2006, 08:23:27 am »
Oh no, I can't escape it, I have tried but I just can't. I have to agree with squeaky  ;)

If you price a cherry picker into this contract I doubt very much that you would remain competitive as the cost of the Picker for the morning/day would push you out of the running.

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire