gleamteamni

Advice Needed re non slip mats etc.
« on: August 17, 2006, 08:14:17 am »
Hi guys

I haven't been on here for ages.  I am now working on my own and have no-one to foot the ladder for awkward jobs.  For houses with dormer windows the ladder is sitting at about a 40 deg angle and isn't safe I have about 2 days full work on these kind of houses.  I'd appreciate input from people who have worked on something similar, what did you use.  What do you think is the best bet and where is the cheapest place to get it. ;)

Thanks
Geordie

Geordie

Lee.

Re: Advice Needed re non slip mats etc.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 08:33:06 am »
I use wfp now. cant beat it for dormer windows.
Before wfp I wouldn't even attempt dormer windows with a ladder, I used a long pole with an applicator and squeegee. it doesn't do a very good job but it works without you breaking your neck! although saying that my customers were always happy

Lee

gleamteamni

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 09:09:02 am »
Thanks Lee.  Unfortunately wfp isn't an option right now, its something I m ight think about on down the line but right now I have to do it the old fashioned way.
Geordie

Fast 1 *

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 09:19:56 am »
Hi guys

I haven't been on here for ages.  I am now working on my own and have no-one to foot the ladder for awkward jobs.  For houses with dormer windows the ladder is sitting at about a 40 deg angle and isn't safe I have about 2 days full work on these kind of houses.  I'd appreciate input from people who have worked on something similar, what did you use.  What do you think is the best bet and where is the cheapest place to get it. ;)

Thanks
Geordie

Is it possible to use your van as a ladder support?Thats what i do in those situations.If not,cant they be done from the inside?Probably the last resort would be the pole with the applicator and squeegee.Wfp?.
wildstyles

macc

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 08:27:53 pm »
Thanks Lee.  Unfortunately wfp isn't an option right now, its something I m ight think about on down the line but right now I have to do it the old fashioned way.

Come on Squeaky, He needs some advise on the old fashion way of cleaning windows.  ;D

40 degrees on a ladder is a no no.  >:(

Macc