pylofm

Re: grrrrrrrrr
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 10:52:34 pm »
Alot of people have internet banking...I am located in Holland and most people here seem to be ok with paying in either cash or via internet bank transfer...

It seems to be making mylife and the customers easier...for them to pay via internet.

I remember that when I lived and worked in the U.K most things could be purchase by online transactions...I think it is the way to go.

Cheers
Dave.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2006, 06:43:00 am »
I have started to target customers based on age in relation to how they pay.

Blue rinse brigade - Pay on the day, collect or send cheque.

All others - Online Banking - Post cheque - Telephone call for chasing up!

What I am seriously looking at and currently doing a customer survey on is the credit card payment facility via handheld terminal through Barclays.

Response so far 15% yes, which is 15% less collecting. Just balancing costs etc.....

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Fast 1 *

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2006, 02:58:24 pm »
the bloke that i work for gets envelopes printed up with his address on and they are postage paid..the customers seem to like this setup and most pay up pretty quickly
how did he sort out the postage payed part?
wildstyles

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2006, 08:34:32 pm »
you would have to contact "business reply service" and pay them x amount per amount of envelopes.(business reply service is what it says on the envelope anyway)
these are small brown envelopes approx 6" x 3"
and 2nd class
other than that i dont know much more about them. I will be finding out when i can tho, will come in handy for me when i got my own round up and running again!!
when I'm cleaning windows

craig jwc

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2006, 09:10:30 pm »
Royal Mail do one that runs off your PC.

Think it's £4.99 per month or £89 for a year for the download and use of the program.
After that you pay for each postage you print.

I've been looking into it but not sure yet.

Craig

Richy L

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2006, 10:04:53 am »
i just leave a slip with the amount left to pay, thier address and the date and ask my customers to send it to me through the post. All are willing to do that, sometimes people wait until they owe for twice before sending it, but i can live with that. With some of my more 'wealthy' customers i recommend that they pay for three cleans in ADVANCE, and a lot of them are more than willing to do so.
I used to hate those friday nights collecting! Now i dont do  any collecting!its great!! ;D

JM123

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2006, 01:58:10 pm »
we use labelled envelopes so they can send us a cheque - however we've had a few not wanting to play the game, one woman in particular told us it was OUR job to come around and collect the money, thats how its always been done - I got on the phone to her and explained about time taken to collect etc but she was having none of it, not sure whether to dump her or just let it build up and collect once every 3/4 months.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

pylofm

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2006, 07:48:53 pm »
We now leave a A6 sized leaflet with our customers after a clean with all our details (inc bank info) on and when their next clean is due...As I am new to all this I hope it works.

Cheers
Dave.

ronaldo

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2006, 07:57:03 pm »
I hate collecting that much that every Thursday when i get back i feel like selling my round and packing up.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

stephen d

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2006, 10:54:29 pm »
self addressed envelopes works for me(customers pay postage)about once every 2/3 months go out and collect the ones that owe 2/3 cleans and usually persuade them to pay in advance for future cleans,there usually embarrased because they owe so much that they agree to this.

Fast 1 *

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2006, 08:30:14 pm »
I hate collecting that much that every Thursday when i get back i feel like selling my round and packing up.
really?It cant be that bad mate
wildstyles