valroyb

fascias and gutters
« on: August 15, 2006, 06:52:12 pm »
  Hi all can someone please advise me on how best to price this type of work up .Is it best to charge per meter or sides of property  what is the average cost of this service ,i have a bungerlow to quote for not w,f,p so i was thinking of three pounds a meter what do you all think
            many thanks

Trevor Knight

Re: fascias and gutters
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 07:20:09 pm »
Work out how long this will take and charge in proportion to your hourly rate.

As a rough idea we start at £20 per side.

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

valroyb

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 10:06:19 pm »
thanks trev :D

julianbiggs

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 11:07:01 pm »
I always quote £18.00 per hour and explain until i get up there I can't guarantee how long it will take. So long as your honest and sincere with people and ensure they understand that you won't deliberatley take hours to coin it in then you should be ok. Mind sound a bit sad but what i do if im cleaning out the gutters is take a few snaps before ive started ( on my camera phone) and then take some more after ive finished. They love it!!!! when they see the results.

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 09:20:09 am »
My basic price is £20 per side but if there is extra like exstensions, garage's, lean-too etc,  then I add extra on, my last bungalow was £75 with the extra's added on, I don't do bungalows any cheaper just because there lower

valroyb

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 05:10:22 pm »
 :D
 thanks all i think i will try twenty pounds a side as a start off point and see how i go

P®oPole™

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 07:59:44 pm »
Hi valroyb,

It depens on what the fascias and soffits are like take a look at this pic.

Put it this way mate, this works out at alot more than £20 for this side alone note the barge boards on the apex go under, its alot of faffing about but can be done.

It didnt take an hour to do the whole lot front back and two sides, got soaked but a nice earner.

valroyb

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 08:13:55 pm »
thanks for your reply pro pole i dont mean to sound stupid but how do you clean the gutterng out with wfp as im trad and never used wfp ,do you  set a ladder up scoop all the debri out then wash out any help is much appriciated. do you get much of this work is it only just an add on cheers mate

P®oPole™

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 09:20:57 pm »
No worries mate ;) the front didnt have much gutter as most of the front is the apex.

On the back I turned my goose neck right down and give them a good wash out, on this job i did put my ladder up near the down pipe and had a little look, it was mint.

I get a quite a few of these jobs, starting to quite down a bit now on average a couple a month in june/july was the peak I done many of them and conserv roofs aswell.

wfp on facias has its bad points tho(not many), if the soffits have vents they drip like mad, but again can be done, just need to price accordingly.

valroyb

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 07:09:04 pm »
ok pro ple  that makes sense thanks for your help, thats what i like about this site nothing is to much trouble for anyone thanks again
 :D