wightsurf

magnetic glass cleaner help !!!
« on: August 14, 2006, 07:33:39 pm »
I have some glass that i can't clean from outside (with a pole) , and can't reach the outside from the inside of the property.
I seen a magnetic window cleaner somewhere anyone now where i can get one and IS IT ANY GOOD?
Ideas please thanks

Martin

jodan63

Re: magnetic glass cleaner help !!!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 07:39:47 pm »
go to www.wintecs.co.uk
they show them on there also with a video

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 07:44:12 pm »
I've never used them, but read posts on this site saying they're naff.

I'd not bother if I were you.

wightsurf

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 08:14:37 pm »
I do need something as the windows have not been clean EVER !!
i think anything is better than the way they r at the mo.
but thanks for the info tosh

regards

Martin

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 08:19:23 pm »
I do need something as the windows have not been clean EVER !!
i think anything is better than the way they r at the mo.
but thanks for the info tosh

regards

Martin

Martin,

Some windows you just can't clean.

I think your ethos is great; but just manage your customer's expectations and explain to them that you can't do it.

The 'magnetic' item will not work; trust me.

cybersye

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 08:56:50 pm »
Hi Martin,
I have window mates and use them occasionally, did today as a matter of fact
They can be a bit tricky to use but with practice I have got pretty good results, put it this way they will pay for themselves if you use them a handful of times.
Quality of the rubbers is not that great and unfortunately they dont seem to take ordinary ones, its quite difficult to clean into the corner of windows with but i explain that to my customers, they still seem happy, its that or dirty windows afterall, so I guess you have to weigh it up really.
Tosh maybe right in some respects, I think they are aimed more at the domestic market but with a bit of patience theyre ok.
Simon

p.s. I got the stronger ones for double glazing though i use them on single glazing too, just make sure you  use plenty of water/liquid or some rinse aid/ softner in your solution you'll need plenty of slip

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 08:58:03 pm »
Tryed one years ago before i was a wc and they are naff unless you can constantly feed pure water on it to wash away the dirt. and you can only do it slowly, move to fast on the inside and the out side one falls off.
Don't waste your money.

wightsurf

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 09:46:22 pm »
I think i will give the costomer the choice , after all it's there windows and money
and half hour of my time  ;D
I will give them the price including my cost of buying the magnetic cleaner and if they want it done on that understanding i wi go ahead and buy one,but if they don't i think i will leave it alone.

Thanks for the feed back all

regards

Martin

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 10:51:52 pm »
Why can't you get to it wightsurf?
It's a game of three halves!

Johnboyfree

Re: magnetic glass cleaner help !!! New
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 11:29:30 pm »
Why can't you get to it wightsurf?
I was thinking that  ???If you cant clean the window how are you going to use the magnet?as you have to have one either side of the window?that means you have to open the window to be able to clamp the magnets together,if you can do this you should be able to get youre hand out onto the glass to clean(the magnets Ive seen are bigger than my fist) ??? ???