edd

brushes look gaz New
« on: August 11, 2006, 05:51:44 pm »
whos brushes last the longest????? ive just bought a vikan 11 inch 4 downstairs which seems 2 be exellent and 2 16 inch vikan for upstairs they are the dogs but very heavy the small vikan is 6 months old and still looks good

Jeff Brimble

Re: brushes
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 06:26:49 pm »
Not trying to be funny but I suppose it depends on how often its used and whether you just do glass or include the frames, I would say that an average life was about 8-12 months.

edd

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 01:03:44 am »
well my ionics brushes last about a month which we think is rubbish so we are looking 4 something better any suggestions will be appreciated

JM123

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 01:13:51 am »
cant go wrong with salmon or vikan - haven't got gazh2o's brushes yet but have heard they are brilliant
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

marc al

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 09:18:27 am »
  I use normal Addis plastic brush heads which I put my own jets into, they screw straight onto a pole end and come in a couple of different bristle types.
  These mostly last approx a month for the soft bristles upto several months for the hard bristles (ideal for facias and first cleans), the best bit is they are only 3-25 each from my local DIY centre.

Marc

RO-Sheen

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 09:25:09 am »
I have Ionics brushes too and Im not happy with them either. The corners of them have lost their shape completely and are just a mush of hair which makes corners of frames and windows impossible to do.
I have recently bought a Vikam brush from Gardiner which so far is great. The only problem with it though is that there is a red rubber protector around the brush head and it can leave red 'skid marks' on the frames but the marks come off easily. I am now getting used to it and very rarily leave any marks on the frames now.
Formerly known as GARGAAX

matt

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 09:43:25 am »
my Vikan is 2 yers old now ;) still looks great

though i do only work 3 days a week

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 09:55:30 am »
Those black and white Addis bristled silver head brushes weigh 8oz are also in Co-op. B&Q 8.5oz brushes are fussy,only have weak grey bristles on the end. Tesco freeline 8.5 oz blue are flocked they have zero bristle angle on the top but have plenty of bristles. Vileda are too thin with long length bristles. The 8-12 month quote was for glass only.
Marc are you thro or over the head jets ?
Gargaax why not cut the rubber off completely.

neil100

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 09:59:12 am »
Had a good laugh when my mate showed me his ioinics brush last night. What a state that looked after 3 months of use.

I use vikan and Gaza brushes. Vikan are great on a mini pole, they slaughter any snail trails and are great for scrubbing.

Gaza brushes are great for upstairs are not great on first cleans, its probably down to them not having loads of bristles, so they are not as good for scrubbing the glass but they are great for rinseing as they glide along the glass.

The tucker brush is highly recommended though I have never used it personally.

Nel.

H h20

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 10:06:19 am »
Hi Neil,my brushes have more bristles now and i use them on upvc cleans they get some real battering,my best brush has to be the swivel brush i use it all day and could`nt work without it  ;D,Gaz

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 10:07:58 am »
Tucker double trim and their copies are excellent if you have plenty of pole pressure but the bristles do not flex much and stand off the glass like a wire brush effect. I found them too heavy but you could shave off a few oz.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 10:10:47 am »
I agree Gaz, all brushes should be multi angle, how some of you work with totally fixed heads on goose necks is beyong me. But I suppose if you havent tried an alternative you think its the bees knees

H h20

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 10:26:34 am »
I agree Gaz, all brushes should be multi angle, how some of you work with totally fixed heads on goose necks is beyong me. But I suppose if you havent tried an alternative you think its the bees knees
Heres an example of how the swivel brush works well,cleaning over roofs,buildings,cars in the way etc could`nt be easier  :D ,and if you are restricted for space you don`t have to stand directley unerneath and get soaked, ;D,Gaz

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 10:58:23 am »
Mind that vent, its about time I had one of those I think. if that is a gardener pole how have you connected the brush Gaz? 
Sussex by the sea

H h20

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2006, 10:59:54 am »
Mind that vent, its about time I had one of those I think. 
Hi Chris,thats the beauty of it you can control the brush and keep it straight to keep clear of the vent,Gaz

neil100

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2006, 11:20:46 am »
How does the angle adapter work?

What I mean is do you set the angle of the brush before you put the pole up? So its fixed in that positon. Or does it swival into position as you use it. If it swivels does the  brush head go all floppy when you take it off the glass.

Gaz can you post a close up photo of the new brushes with more bristles. I still have your phone no so I may give the newer brush a go, or even the swivel. I am well pleased with your brushes though, All the best.

Nel.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2006, 11:22:20 am »
You can make any brush swivel with a piece of dowel and an Unger elbow, there are 2 ways of doing it. Will try to knock one up over the weekend and post pic, not sure as its diy whether it should go on Matts site, if Express do one ?  

H h20

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2006, 01:47:52 pm »
Neil,the way it works is you adjust your adjustable gooseneck to set the up or down angle depending how far or near you are working,then when you put the brush on the glass it moves freely left and right,it`s not that loose that it just flops it does has a bit of stiffness to keep it straight but you can also lock it so it can be used in a straight fixed position,
heres a picture of one and of  a brush with more bristles than before,Gaz

jouk45

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 02:38:35 pm »
 Gaz Hh20,  they look much better than the last brushes  bristles, great picture to, why have you went back to your old name again lol

H h20

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2006, 02:47:10 pm »
Gaz Hh20,  they look much better than the last brushes  bristles, great picture to, why have you went back to your old name again lol
Jouk,i have`nt changed my name,i lost my avatar pic some how thats all  ???,Gaz