Fast 1 *

renting out rounds
« on: August 11, 2006, 08:26:01 am »
how much can you make from renting a round out?
wildstyles

ronaldo

Re: renting out rounds
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 08:30:33 am »
Not to sure on this one, but would you trust someone to do your round and acheive the same quality as yourself ??
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 08:58:46 am »
well, i rent my round and i have to pay the boss 23% of my earnings.
he rents out a lot of rounds and brings in £4000 per week!!
when I'm cleaning windows

geefree

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 10:21:57 am »
Thats a bit of a suprise, how tied are you?.. is it continually built for you, or do you have to build it? more for you... and him ! 23% is a lot of money annually... i have been in sales prior to this and my biggest gripe was that i was on pure commission most the time watching my boss get rich whilst i recieved 5% or 10%,.. now i dont have a problem with people who work hard and are successful like my ex boss,.. but if i was good enough to make him more of a success, then i am good enough to make me more of a success.... food for thought.

S.C.S

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 12:02:25 pm »
I rent out 2 rounds the rounds are worth £500 per week they give me £150 each for the rent of the round so they take home £350 each

macc

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 05:12:59 pm »
If you rent a round & pick up a new customer, who owns it?

If a customer cancells, then what?

Macc

Fast 1 *

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 05:15:26 pm »
Also,who is it down to,to collect the money?
wildstyles

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 05:35:31 pm »
Thats a bit of a suprise, how tied are you?.. is it continually built for you, or do you have to build it? more for you... and him ! 23% is a lot of money annually... i have been in sales prior to this and my biggest gripe was that i was on pure commission most the time watching my boss get rich whilst i recieved 5% or 10%,.. now i dont have a problem with people who work hard and are successful like my ex boss,.. but if i was good enough to make him more of a success, then i am good enough to make me more of a success.... food for thought.
any new jobs i get, i just add them on, its not built for me :(
thus why i am building my own round up slowly and working both rounds ;) i used to have my own wc business and plan too in the future..its got to be done mate i wanna make a success of myself too ;)

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 05:39:14 pm »
I have to collect the money myself if any is owed but, ultimately it would be down to the boss. Obviously, if i just gave up my round then he would have to collect any money owed.

macc

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 05:41:15 pm »
Hi Dennis.

What about new customers & cancells.

Macc

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 05:42:12 pm »
If you rent a round & pick up a new customer, who owns it?

If a customer cancells, then what?

Macc
any new customers belong to the owner and if they cancel...we both lose out i spose ;)

Fast 1 *

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 05:42:34 pm »
Denis, was it someone you knew who you rent off,or a company you contacted?
wildstyles

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 06:06:29 pm »
Denis, was it someone you knew who you rent off,or a company you contacted?
[/quote  I knew of him (new his brother as used to live in same village...the whole of the family are wc's, pretty big family too!!)
I first got his tel No so i could sell him my old round, which he did and then i went back to him for a job after my employed work went sour!

EasyClean

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 02:09:00 am »
If you don't have financial ties then sacrifice a week of your hols canvassing as much work for yourself as possible, go all out for it from between 7am to 9pm each evening and target your potential customers. Then hopefully you can take the plunge like most of us self-employed w/cleaners and ditch your rented round otherwise you will spend a long time in a no win situation. Make the commitment by investing your time and effort. The rewards will pay off and life will get easier for you personally day by day.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

geefree

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2006, 02:29:38 am »
DEN.
you have to be admired for your commitment to your work,and your boss, but i, and a few others on here are trying to build a round with no experience, and to say that we are going into a game with a certain amount of competition involved i think the guys on this forum a fantastic and the help for new starters is just unbelievable....... so to work for someone else when you have the experience to succeed alone, is beyond me ... you are two thirds there..... i wish i had the experience you have... say no more

M4RK

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2006, 09:35:33 am »
I rent out rounds for 15%. I continue providing them with new customers and they have a growing comnpact round that they are happy to work. Any customers they find I give them twice the monthly value and any they lose I ask back twice the monthly value. I also give them their stationary and help with advertising. 

Whether renting a round is a good idea or not is a different topic.

However, we all know it takes time to build a decent round that you can make good money from. Walking straight into an established round on a commission basis is ideal if you don't have the money to buy an established round or don't have the time (and money - since at first you will be on a low wage) to canvass a round.

I give the lads the option to buy the round if they prefer at any time.
Obviously its not worth my selling it unless I get a decent price, so I ask 4 cleans.

If you are not greedy, renting rounds can be a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Mark

macc

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2006, 12:31:38 pm »
Hi Mark.

I think 15% is a very fair figure. If you have a round for rent in Sussex i would consider it. Im wfp only with a van mount.

Macc

Trevor Knight

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2006, 08:21:57 am »
Hi Folks,

Have removed a couple of postings just to keep this going in the right direction.

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

dougster

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 11:40:31 pm »
Hi guys, just about to start renting my first round.i am charging thirty percent. But up this way you pay tenfold plus for a round when you buy it, so seems a fare return for me

M4RK

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2006, 12:08:39 pm »
Macc,

If you'd like to know more, send me an email and I'll contact you.

windows2clean@yahoo.co.uk

Regards
Mark

macc

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2006, 08:35:19 pm »
Hi Mark.

Emailed you. Thanks.

Macc