tom20001

Westermann moss brush
« on: April 24, 2023, 10:01:19 am »
Using this for the 1st time this morning.  Have to say while it is useful in certain circumstances I would find its results underwhelming and give me pressure washing every day of the week .

Smudger

Re: Westermann moss brush
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 12:03:17 pm »
Not heard of it - got a link ?
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

tom20001

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 02:59:36 pm »
Ohh!

one of THEM  ;D

So you really hired it for 150 notes?

how much area did you clean and how long did it take - and crucially did it look anything like the photo on the hire page  ???

then what about black spot ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

tom20001

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2023, 08:05:32 pm »
Ohh!

one of THEM  ;D

So you really hired it for 150 notes?

how much area did you clean and how long did it take - and crucially did it look anything like the photo on the hire page  ???

then what about black spot ?

Darran

Ha ha 120 yes and probably not worth it! It's not my decision to use it , residents wanted it. Results nothing like promotional stuff which was to be expected.  Does an OK job on surface moss but stuff between joints etc it's poor on. Very hard to handle and cumbersome too. It's funny as I couldn't find one bad review about it online which was main reason for my post here. Seems to be advertising push on it at moment. I wouldn't recommend the machine at all ! Covered big area which had lots of surface moss on it and obviously looks much better than it was. Probably done 60 car parking spaces approx of cobble and some tarmac areas too .

tom20001

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2023, 08:09:46 pm »
Tried to put up photos but saying file too big

tom20001

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2023, 08:12:38 pm »

Rob.Hall

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2023, 08:51:19 pm »
Didn't Partridge have a utube using one of them.
Never watched it but am going to have to check out if he rates it or not.
Personally it looks a faff..

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2023, 08:56:14 pm »
To me it looks like you could biocide that finished job, give it 6 months it’ll look fine..

So long as the residents expectations are managed. If you’ve got a particular dislike to pressure washing that is. Me, personally, I’d just P/W it and biocide follow up.

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2023, 09:01:17 pm »
Not seen one like that before but years ago had a go with one that had a rotating brush that was like a cylinder mower that wasn’t much cop either

tom20001

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2023, 09:15:56 pm »
Didn't Partridge have a utube using one of them.
Never watched it but am going to have to check out if he rates it or not.
Personally it looks a faff..

Complete faff imo

tom20001

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2023, 09:18:55 pm »
To me it looks like you could biocide that finished job, give it 6 months it’ll look fine..

So long as the residents expectations are managed. If you’ve got a particular dislike to pressure washing that is. Me, personally, I’d just P/W it and biocide follow up.

Yep the managing agent has a serious aversion to pw! I said about the biocide to them and even done a few samples about 4 months ago which really look decent now. I'd be the same just pw it and if you want cherry on top use biocide too

tom20001

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2023, 09:20:52 pm »
Not seen one like that before but years ago had a go with one that had a rotating brush that was like a cylinder mower that wasn’t much cop either

Funnily enough when I dropped it back to hire shop this evening he had a different one like that.  It had plastic britles but pretty sure it would be same nonsense.  Whoever westermann are they must have a great pr team or otherwise I can't use machine as no bad reviews online!

Slacky

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2023, 09:36:44 pm »
Tennis courts is where they’re used mostly I think.

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2023, 10:20:58 pm »
Looks a beast to use - I could see it being ok for a tennis court - thats very lightly moss covered but the issue is still getting off the court area .

I try not to let customers dictate my working methods - they can have a choice - eco friendly or chemical etc.. but I doubt I would have used that without a huge surcharge on the price

we should all know by now reviews are not always objective or independant

Darran