jay moley

How do you sell your round?
« on: June 30, 2021, 05:50:36 pm »
How do you work out how much your round is worth?

Once you have, how do you actually sell it to someone?

Is it case of just giving them the customers details (not sure customers would be happy with that) and the price and frequency?

How do you handle it with the customers?

Cheers

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: How do you sell your round?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 06:04:51 pm »
I was just reading your post on the motivation thread about using your brain........... and how any idiot could clean windows.......🤔😅😅
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 07:03:40 pm »
How do you work out how much your round is worth?

Once you have, how do you actually sell it to someone?

Is it case of just giving them the customers details (not sure customers would be happy with that) and the price and frequency?

How do you handle it with the customers?

Cheers

when i sold a small underpriced round 15 years ago i advertised it in my local shop......only one person phoned me up......it was in there for around 4 weeks!

i told my customers id found someone else to clean their windows as i was cutting back on work due to ill health.......

so i basically had a chat with this guy,showed him my books,agreed a price(£1200)and went out and he cherry picked  some houses to knock on to confirm it was me who was their window cleaner and that i was passing it on to him....all customers seemed fine with it....

the next day he came round and gave me £1200 in cash and that was it!.......

then around a  month or so later i got a fair few ex customers phoning me up saying please will i come back as the new guy had missed half the windows out and done a rubbish job....(apparently he was scared of heights and had a dodgy knee)...he was also cleaning their windows on sat and sun and some customers didnt want him there...he also took his dad with him to foot the ladder.... ;D

in the end i got a load of abuse off his dad on the phone saying id ripped him off as the customers didnt want them cleaning their windows! ;D

that was the last i heard of him......(i never took any of the customers back by the way)
price higher/work harder!

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 07:53:32 pm »
I sold my round 11 years ago now. Advertised it here for 5x the monthly and got it.

Told customers I was moving for 2 years and coming back, that the guy was looking after it and i never went back
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

deeege

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 08:37:21 pm »
I bought a round when I first started 11 years ago. Paid £500 for £500 a months work  ;D Still clean it all to this day.

The guy I bought it off was over the moon with £500, he was a retired engineer who went out to do 3 or 4 houses a day to get away from his wife.  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

jay moley

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 08:49:02 pm »
I was just reading your post on the motivation thread about using your brain........... and how any idiot could clean windows.......

Thats why im getting out you idiot. Ive built a good business but doing the actual work is just for morons.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 08:56:39 pm »
I was just reading your post on the motivation thread about using your brain........... and how any idiot could clean windows.......🤔😅😅

Thats why im getting out you idiot. Ive built a good business but doing the actual work is just for morons.

The idiot who doesn't know how to value his own business?
Or the idiot who then doesn't know 'how' to sell it?
Or the idiot who can't even grasp the process of client transfer?......
 Just wondering which idiot you were referring to, that's all.🤔😆😆
Comfortably Numb!

jay moley

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 08:59:01 pm »
I was just reading your post on the motivation thread about using your brain........... and how any idiot could clean windows.......

Just wondering which idiot you were referring to, that's all.

Im not an idiot for seeking answers to questions I don't know the answer to.

My point on the other thread is that there is no intelligence to cleaning windows. Its the bottom of the bottom. Idiot job. I stand by that.

Im guessing you're a window cleaning hot shot who loves his job and has all the answers so why don't you enlighten me?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 09:21:56 pm »

My point on the other thread is that there is no intelligence to cleaning windows. Its the bottom of the bottom. Idiot job. I stand by that.

Im guessing you're a window cleaning hot shot who loves his job and has all the answers so why don't you enlighten me?

Not really, I just tend to use my brain and intelligence. You may benefit from trying it one day.👍
Comfortably Numb!

mike1986

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 10:01:15 pm »
😂 this is hilarious. Great way to ask for advice by trying to insult everyone on this forum 👍

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2021, 10:29:24 pm »

i think your attitude is all wrong....just because some of us clean windows for a living doesnt mean we are all "morons" as you put it......

its just what i do for a living...i like it.....its a simple,stress free and straightforward business to run and allows me time to concentrate on my real hobbies of weight training and playing drums....

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2021, 10:41:38 pm »
Play nicely girls.
It's a game of three halves!

jay moley

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2021, 11:05:31 pm »

Not really, I just tend to use my brain and intelligence. You may benefit from trying it one day.

Modded by Moderator. Poster banned.

windowswashed

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2021, 11:58:18 pm »
Went to university and could put letters after my name and also got two trades to fall back on with qualifications. Customers can think what they like, I couldn't give a monkeys what their perception of me is . This job fits around my illness perfectly and allows flexibility.  Been picking up top end jobs for quite some time, no way a tradesperson or manager is going to earn  the same as us in the long run if we concentrate on providing a great service built on a good reputation.
How one views their cleaning business  is how one values their service they provide and charge accordingly.  Window cleaning may be the bottom rung for some window cleaners but for others it's taken several years to build up  a reliable source of income that's hard to match.

richard connett

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2021, 07:10:26 am »
I think Amazon are hiring if you fancy something different . I wonder how many of the nations workforce really feel like they are using their brains. I’ve friends that spent years at uni that don’t use their brains and are in boring tedious jobs working for the man struggling to get another foot up the ladder.
 You might think that we are all the lowest of the low morons but it also takes self determination , reliability, drive, common sense, management skills , communication skills etc etc etc to have your own window cleaning business
When I look around me I live in a nice area, 2 cars , nice house , motorbike. I also manage to run all this by working 4 weeks on 2 weeks off Monday-Friday 8 - 2!! There’s no other job on earth that could do that and I know it

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2021, 07:38:48 am »

Not really, I just tend to use my brain and intelligence. You may benefit from trying it one day.

f*** off you c unt

And... You're done. Take a month off.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2021, 08:03:35 am »
id want at least 20k(which is nearly 5 times the monthly value) for my whole round...

any window cleaner whos spent many years building up their work into a good,little profitable business should think long and hard before selling it on...

as for selling rounds it might be better to sell it off in smaller chunks(eg £1000 a month for 5k)

james peters

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2021, 08:24:15 am »

How insulting¬!!

Matt.

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2021, 10:24:53 am »
Jay moley……. What a sausage u are

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2021, 01:36:27 pm »
Jay, you ask for advice on how to sell your round but at the same time insulting fellow window cleaners by calling us idiots and morons, there is an old saying "people in glass houses ETC" I'm sure you know the rest of it.

Any idiot or moron on CIU would know how to sell a round there is even a section on it called Window Cleaning Rounds For Sale so it may just be you  who lacks the intelligence on this particular thread.

And as for calling another member a C**T that is totally out of order