C.C.S.

New electric reel
« on: December 05, 2017, 07:44:52 pm »
The electric reels are getting ridiculously expensive .With more and more suppliers and competition you would think will be more affordable  .
https://www.grippatank.co.uk/grippahose-v1-professional-stainless-steel-water-reel-manual-electric

p1w1

Re: New electric reel
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 07:51:54 pm »
The electric reels are getting ridiculously expensive .With more and more suppliers and competition you would think will be more affordable  .
https://www.grippatank.co.uk/grippahose-v1-professional-stainless-steel-water-reel-manual-electric
Thing is their relatively new to the market really in product terms. Over time they will come down i guess like all other wfp equipment.  Wasnt the first slx over £400 i vaguely remember? I think i paid over 2k  for a 350 gpd static set up about 14- 15 years ago when there was only a couple of suppliers doing these systems,  now you can get them for a couple of hundred.
Having one myself i would say the electric reel is a great investment though and one that will last years.

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 08:22:45 pm »
Thing is though, they dont look expensive really.
If you had the time, I'm sure you could fabricate one, as there doesnt seem to be anything special about the parts.
....... But then, thats the point! we dont have the time and hence the price tag. Same with our job, if people had time to clean their own windows we wouldnt make as much as we do either
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

martinw

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 07:55:41 am »
For some price may seem excessive for others will be affordable. If you had business with overheads ie employees, pensions, business rates etc would you sell your products or services cheaper than competitors... especially if you have established brand and customer service recognition.  It would make no sense doing this at a cost level. It is not a high volume market either.
Eventually prices will drop to certain levels but not massively.

Tony dunmall

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 08:57:38 am »
prices only come down if people won’t purchase at that price or if there’s a similar item cheaper that has same appeal

Simple supply and demand

Also there’s a lot of development cost and time to factor into a product which you either want back over time or as soon as possible depends on what cash flow you have in the business

When you want to Kit out 3-4 vans  it a big cost to thing About as the single sole trader

I say yeah to the interest free credit card always but large items this way

Sainsbury do 27 months or a 32 month 0 % On purchases

Don’t spend my hard earned money just slowly over time it’s less painful plus you get some nice new toys

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 05:27:26 pm »
My cox electric reel cost close to £1500 with the controller and it sits as a paper weight now  ;D ;D

I have seen all the electric reels in the flesh and its hard to make a decision on whats the "best"

Gonna try a couple of grippa's as they're smart and fix an issue with my van set up.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 05:35:37 pm »
I have an HD waterworks reel and it’s fantastic a complete injury saver for any WCleaner,it completely eliminates shoulder and elbow strain from reeling hose in everyday. IMO this part of the job is the hardest if you have jobs your using at least 60-70 meters constantly like I am it’s a necessity i was surprised how much of a life saver it would be tbh I’d never manually reel hose daily again.

Tony dunmall

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 06:16:06 pm »
You tempted to try the grippa one out NHW or stick with the HD till it’s needs replacing

p1w1

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 06:23:03 pm »
i personally would stick with my HD reel main reason is i prefer the smaller width reel like the HD one and will be very easy to fix if they break down ie. just replace motor or chain.

Den68

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 06:27:18 pm »
I have the power up hd and it's sorted out my dicky shoulder no more hand reeling power reels are the way forward especially it you have shoulder problems.

dd

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 06:51:06 pm »
Nothing against electric reels, but I have used a Hannay van mounted reel for nearly 12 years now and would guess a lot of people with shoulder issues from manually reeling in, is due to using poorer quality reels, also not having it van mounted.

My Hannay was nearly £300 with the VAT 12 years ago, but I have not had to replace a single part on it.

I would be tempted to try an electric reel at some point, but never get why people want to spend so little, on what to me is a very important piece of equipment.

Den68

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 09:05:36 pm »
Had a proloc reel which was a nice reel, I have a old rotary cuff injury that manually reeling agitated now virtually stopped still using the the powerup.
Pressing a button is better than reeling the best reel in the world especially when you getting older lol.