New leaflets. Thoughts please?
« on: December 04, 2017, 07:41:21 pm »
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Lee Pryor

Re: New leaflets. Thoughts please?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 07:44:57 pm »
spelling mistake.

Fascia not facia.

For the record my spelling isnt great and im not into correcting people on the forum but a printed leaflet needs correcting.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Marc Stock

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 07:48:43 pm »
I would remove the insured upto 2million public liability and just say 'fully insured'

Reason being is i got caught out many years ago and put on my flyers 2 million and ended up having to go to a 10 million cover for one particular customer which meant i had to reprint all my flyers.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 08:17:30 pm »
Haha i dont think im in a great position to comment as its normally me doing the asking as well, but....

I agree that its not a good idea to put how much your insured for. The general public dont need to know...... (Whereas commercial will),  but you will get some scumbags out there who will plot and scheme to take advantage of knowing that and put some claims in.      So just simply say your insured to work on their property.

When i switched over to wfp and went to the trouble to explain all about wfp, each customer got bored and couldnt care less as long as they get their windows cleaned. So dont overly emphasise the new reach n wash waterfed pole etc etc. It takes up alot of space and is irrelevant to non window cleaners, as most wont have a clue what your talking about anyway.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Tom-01

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 09:40:52 pm »
'Waterfed' should read 'water fed'

KS Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 11:28:02 pm »
To be honest these flyers are very poor. The way you have listed your services would be confusing for a potential customer, you have gone from windows to gutters to fascia boards then onto sills and frames then back to windows again.  "Now using reach and wash water fed pole system" but you have a picture of a squeegee. I would also drop the free quote gimmick.

Seymour Sunshine

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 12:55:49 am »
Maybe look at things from the customers' point of view. Make a list of the 20 most important thing that your customers are likely to be concerned with: safety; reliability; regularity etc.

Then choose the top 6 and put them in order; those are your selling bullet points.

Oh, and a small point: quote is a verb and quotation is a noun. Therefore you quote a price, but give a  quotation. Some people are sticklers for this kind of stuff. And of course it's free, so don't bother mentioning it.
Banjo players are sent from heaven ... to make drummers look good.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 08:23:28 am »
its gotta be one of the worst leaflets ive ever seen on here mate.sorry!
price higher/work harder!

Mike Halliday

Pete Thompson

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 08:41:35 am »
My tuppenceworth:

“Now using new reach and wash...”

Saying “now” makes it sound like it’s a new thing to you, which is slightly negative. Maybe you don’t quite know how to use it properly yet? Maybe you’re still trying it out? Customers like to know you’ve been done big this for ages and are 100% expert.

Also, do customers know or care what method you use? Nope! They just want clean windows.

Also, the phrase “reach and wash” is Ionic’s registered trademark. Fine to use if you have one of their systems (and if you do, I’d use their water man logo somewhere because it does look good). If not, don’t use it. I have heard of occasions where flyers saying “reach and wash”  get inadvertently  delivered to other window cleaners who do have an Ionics system, and they then report it to ionics. Not worth the hassle, just change the wording.

And lastly, you really need some pictures of you working, so customers can see you being a pro. Now, on this subject, many window cleaners get photos of themselves doing the most awkward, crazy job they have. I think this is so they can say “see what I can do!”. My advice is to avoid that, because customers will respond better to pics of cleaning that look like their own house.

So choose a normal house which is straightforward looking. No crazy angles or cherry pickers, and no commercial buildings. The customer wants to see YOU, so they can decide if you look ropey or not. So any photos should have your smiling, clean-shaven fizog.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 08:56:10 am »
It looks to me as if facia and fascia are both acceptable, but fascia is in far more common use (and this browser is flagging facia as an error).

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/facia?s=t 

and

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/fascia?s=t

I'm surprised that fascia is in more common use because the front facing or cladding can be referred to as a facade and  probably comes from the same root.

Slash

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 03:57:12 pm »
They look good but who on earth done your sign writing on the van, dont get me wrong  as it looks good but the word conservatories is spelt wrong,I'd bring that back and get it re done ,that would drive me mad, your van looks good but the spelling is awfull.

robbo333

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 05:59:53 pm »
Sorry, but you did ask.
I agree with Mike, get someone half decent to do them for you.
Throw those away and start again.
Just my opinion.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Pete Thompson

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 06:06:03 pm »
They look good but who on earth done your sign writing on the van, dont get me wrong  as it looks good but the word conservatories is spelt wrong,

AND you’ve used ionics Reach and Wash logo, which you can’t do if you don’t have their system, (I see from your pics it’s not ionics)

I’d get that taken off fast if I were you, otherwise you’ll no doubt get a letter from them.

tony day

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 07:09:11 pm »

Well it's not that bad, considering a 5yr old done it!

Cookie

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 07:31:12 pm »
You say that you use WFP yet there's a picture of a squeegee on the leaflet.

Also, I agree with others that you need a picture of yourself cleaning.

Klean07

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 08:43:11 pm »
I did ask for it didn't I? I've used this same design on my advertising for last 5 years without any problems! I've also been in business for 30 years so I must be doing something right! I'll take feedback on the chin though! I've booked a double page spread with my local Lifestyle Magazine (Glossy posh) with the view to putting another van on the road which will hopefully mean that I can ease down after all I'll be 60 next year!!

Klean07

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 08:45:19 pm »
You say that you use WFP yet there's a picture of a squeegee on the leaflet.

Also, I agree with others that you need a picture of yourself cleaning.
There is a video of myself cleaning on my website! I still clean bungalows and shop fronts with a squeezy! Next question?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 09:00:30 pm »
I did ask for it didn't I? I've used this same design on my advertising for last 5 years without any problems! I've also been in business for 30 years so I must be doing something right! I'll take feedback on the chin though! I've booked a double page spread with my local Lifestyle Magazine (Glossy posh) with the view to putting another van on the road which will hopefully mean that I can ease down after all I'll be 60 next year!!

Are they offering free design? If so see if it’s scalable down to leaflet size,  then you can use it after the advert has shown as a leaflet. But tell them you are going to use it as a leaflet and you want a HD proof of the advert otherwise the will only send you a low DPI  proof ( as it’s quicker to email)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk