1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

Re: Time to dump
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 07:02:52 pm »
Dump , won’t even let you do the front - she’s taking the Peace

paul alan

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 07:29:54 pm »
We should bring in a service charge just like the energy suppliers or phone companies do.

So a £15 job would be £10 service charge and £5 for cleaning, that way if the customer decides they don't want them doing for whatever reason they still have to pay the service charge.

just like if you're not at home for whatever reason and you're not using the leccy you'll still get a bill for having the power provided to you, whether you use it or not!

When I get this response from a customer I usually say that if I let them have a space on the round they need to use it every month, if they don't , that empty space costs me money and I will have to take someone from my waiting list to fill it.

So basically I expect them to commit to the service if I am to commit to providing it for them.

Its a two way thing.

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 07:31:25 pm »
See ya  ;D
That is exacctly why i dont text , i reckon if i did i wouldnt have anybody left !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

paul alan

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 07:34:17 pm »
See ya  ;D
That is exacctly why i dont text , i reckon if i did i wouldnt have anybody left !

you prefer to sneak up and catch em by surprise hey?

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 07:35:32 pm »
We should bring in a service charge just like the energy suppliers or phone companies do.

So a £15 job would be £10 service charge and £5 for cleaning, that way if the customer decides they don't want them doing for whatever reason they still have to pay the service charge.

just like if you're not at home for whatever reason and you're not using the leccy you'll still get a bill for having the power provided to you, whether you use it or not!

When I get this response from a customer I usually say that if I let them have a space on the round they need to use it every month, if they don't , that empty space costs me money and I will have to take someone from my waiting list to fill it.

So basically I expect them to commit to the service if I am to commit to providing it for them.

Its a two way thing.

Oh i like that , I would text my heart out then , 66% of the wonga for nowt !

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 07:37:43 pm »
See ya  ;D

If they dont know your coming they cant cancel can they , I run a slack ship with regard to my whens and wheres  ;D

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 07:41:22 pm »

Its a two way thing.

I assume every customer would laugh in your face as they threw the "service charge" Ts and Cs at you and slammed the door.

paul alan

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 07:42:36 pm »

Its a two way thing.

I assume every customer would laugh in your face as they threw the "service charge" Ts and Cs at you and slammed the door.

yeah....would be nice if we could tie the buggers down though!

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 07:43:21 pm »
To be honest , i have never worked like that , the moment they start asking for a time or day i tell them straight , its always 4 or 5 weeks depending on how the weather has been , keep em in the dark i say !

paul alan

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 07:43:48 pm »
See ya  ;D

If they dont know your coming they cant cancel can they , I run a slack ship with regard to my whens and wheres  ;D

they don't need to cancel, they just leave the gate locked.

paul alan

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 07:47:56 pm »
To be honest , i have never worked like that , the moment they start asking for a time or day i tell them straight , its always 4 or 5 weeks depending on how the weather has been , keep em in the dark i say !
I prefer to keep everything up-front, that way I can know about any problems beforehand.

then I can spend the night brooding and thinking of ways to financially punish them.

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 07:48:36 pm »
Yes , and on top of my van is this aluminium thing they call a ladder , its real handy for getting over gates !

paul alan

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 07:50:46 pm »
Yes , and on top of my van is this aluminium thing they call a ladder , its real handy for getting over gates !
Hahaha...don't like aluminium things me, scared of heights!

Don't suppose you have a crowbar on the roof too?

P @ F

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 07:53:50 pm »
If i get dissaproval when i see them next , they are gone .
If they say they dont want me doing it when i originaly quote , they dont get on the books .
I have spent 12+ years meeting this kind of custie every now and again , I am here to make money not pander to their needs !

Shrek

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 07:56:06 pm »
Don’t post their number and address on here dazmondo !!!!  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 07:58:27 pm »
Don’t post their number and address on here dazmondo !!!!  ;D

Too far for me !

paul alan

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 08:03:35 pm »
nice flats them!

p1w1

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2017, 08:04:11 pm »
ive just sent them a text that he's not coming now so can leave gate locked  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2017, 08:04:27 pm »
Hahaha...don't like aluminium things me, scared of heights!

Don't suppose you have a crowbar on the roof too?

Basically , If i cant get to the rear from only using a single pointer they dont come on the round , sounds harsh but it has to be that way for me , I dont climb that many gates at all either , time is money and all that !

Walter Mitty

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2017, 08:07:18 pm »

She has 2 little dogs

That's what I regard as an "only clean if I'm home" job.

Also known as "history".

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2017, 08:08:37 pm »
ive just sent them a text that he's not coming now so can leave gate locked  ;D

;D ;D ;D

price higher/work harder!

Brian Nunn

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2017, 08:30:17 pm »
See ya  ;D

Yes I can see your point. Just say roughly every 4 weeks no fixed day of the week. Ask about access beforehand and make a note of it.
I do prefer the customer to be in though and collect payment there and then.
What do you do if they are out, drop a note in saying you have cleaned the windows?

Marc Stock

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2017, 08:39:28 pm »
I have a locked gate policy.

I do not text the day before.

On my bills is the next clean date. I will return on that date, that is a contract.

It says on my bills 'please leave access on the due dates as we cannot guarantee to return on a later date'

It also says all payments are due in full under all circumstances.

Trust me they forget once, they dont do it a second time as full payment is required regardless.

It works, and works very well.

paul alan

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2017, 08:43:57 pm »

On my bills is the next clean date. I will return on that date, that is a contract.

It says on my bills 'please leave access on the due dates as we cannot guarantee to return on a later date'

Trust me they forget once, they dont do it a second time as full payment is required regardless.

I haven't got the balls to do that!

I don't mind it too much as the front only is usually 1/3 of the job but charge 2/3 of the price for this.

like your style though!

P @ F

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2017, 08:53:12 pm »

Thank God for that , I was starting to think I was the only one with a spine  ;D ;D ;D ;D  (KIDDIN CHAPS)
Although 12 years is not a life time , its more than enough time to realise that you dont have to have the P155 taken out of you on a regular basis , true , i still have some fools on the books , a few poor payers too , but i take the P155 when it comes to my water bill and my council tax too , but if they didnt rip me off to begin with they would get theirs sooner !!!

Stoots

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2017, 09:52:57 pm »
Only text if needed (locked gate).

If I turn up and gates locked I do front only.

In the case of a text like that I would just say "no problem thanks". If it became a habit I would get rid but no need to dump someone just because once in a blue moon they can't unlock the gate.

Shrek

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2017, 09:57:00 pm »

In the case of a text like that I would just say "no problem thanks". If it became a habit I would get rid but no need to dump someone just because once in a blue moon they can't unlock the gate.

Course there is , he’s quoted them a monthly clean price and the customer doesn’t even want him to do the front because no one is going to be in! If that isn’t a messer , I don’t know what is  ???

nathankaye

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2017, 10:14:05 pm »

Course there is , he’s quoted them a monthly clean price and the customer doesn’t even want him to do the front because no one is going to be in! If that isn’t a messer , I don’t know what is  ???

Absolutely and even if it is down to dogs making a mess etc, stick them in the back room etc.
This ain't the first time she has done this but on the previous occasion I didn't mind as I had an hectic day and one less house to clean was a good thing, so didn't even offer just a front clean option.
But she's made it pretty clear so she can become some one else's problem
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2017, 10:40:38 pm »

Nah if he can't unlock it he can't unlock it no point getting upset.

Who wants just the front of there house cleaning? I wouldnt.

Not saying that he might not become a Messer, if he does dump him.

What's to be gained dumping a customer who you clean 11 times a year rather than 12.  Will you miss the tenner over the year?

Anyway Nath asked him did he want the front doing and he said no. Shouldn't have asked should have stated "no problem, will just do the fronts this time and charge accordingly" then if he had said no I can see your point. But if you are asking the guy he feels like he has a choice, you are giving him mixed signals by asking him then demanding he complys or you will dump him

JandS

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2017, 10:47:09 pm »
What happens if you cannot do them on the next due date due to unforseen circumstances......do you text them then.......some on here are very inflexible surprised they still have rounds.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Dry Clean

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2017, 10:53:14 pm »

I don't mind it too much as the front only is usually 1/3 of the job but charge 2/3 of the price for this.

like your style though!

Who are his customers ? put it this way if a shiner turned up at your door looking paid for a job he hadn't done because you had
forgot to unlock the gate, would you pay him ?
Worse still, imagine if this was somebody's pensioner mum who had forgot and then had to pay for a non clean,  its not about having the balls its about keeping them from feeling the sharp end of a steel toecap boot. lol.

Missing Link

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2017, 11:34:40 pm »
That's what I regard as an "only clean if I'm home" job.

Also known as "history".

My customers just tell me not to nick their stuff:

She's an ex-army orificer.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

G Griffin

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2017, 11:59:50 pm »
Nate, you've been undone by your overuse of words again. 'Ask if required'?
You asked and you weren't required.
Just ask her to leave the gate open. If she doesn't or doesn't want them doing then use loads of words and flannel to dump her via courtesy text.
You might want to increase your texts allowance first though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Walter Mitty

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2017, 03:17:46 am »

What's to be gained dumping a customer who you clean 11 times a year rather than 12.  Will you miss the tenner over the year?

Because if every customer did this, it would be a cut in income of 8 and one third per cent (one twelfth).
If something like this happens and the customer has very good history, I will probably let it go - unless it's for a reason that's likely to be repeated. I was once sent away in case I upset the new dog (it was a rescue job).  That was likely to be a repeat send away due to the reason. In spite of the customer's good record, I dropped the job. Now if it had been (for example) "My neighbour is in hospital for a couple of weeks and I'm looking after their aggressive dog, but it will be gone soon, I would probably take that on the chin.

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2017, 05:48:47 am »

Surely nobody is foolish enough to pay for work that hasn’t been done.

Stoots

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2017, 07:25:47 am »

Because if every customer did this, it would be a cut in income of 8 and one third per cent (one twelfth).
If something like this happens and the customer has very good history, I will probably let it go - unless it's for a reason that's likely to be repeated. I was once sent away in case I upset the new dog (it was a rescue job).  That was likely to be a repeat send away due to the reason. In spite of the customer's good record, I dropped the job. Now if it had been (for example) "My neighbour is in hospital for a couple of weeks and I'm looking after their aggressive dog, but it will be gone soon, I would probably take that on the chin.

But every customer doesn't do this, I also said if becomes a habit then get rid. But the odd customer skipping the odd clean doesn't do any harm. "Can't unlock the gate" on one occasion doesn't equal a dump.

I'm more than happy to dump genuine Messer's.  I had one custy which was a backpack to the rear job, I text for rear gate gets all way round and it locked. Did I dump them on the spot? No I explained that it would need leaving open in future. It happened again a couple of cleans later so I just did the front and got paid. I then stopped texting a just cleaned the front for about 6 months. Then the wife said why don't you do the back anymore, so told her why. Next clean comes round still locked! So never went back.

I also dumped one a few weeks ago, she recently got a three legged dog, small yappy thing. Had been a great custy up until then, always home to pay cash..cleaned a few times and the dog goes nuts jumping all over the house (quite why she lets it rather than sticking the boot in it I don't know). Anyway she started saying things like "oh your here to upset my dog again" and could tell she didn't like me turning up anymore. Until one day I turned up and she said, not today can you only come when we are out as the dog hurt itself last time. Of course I never went back to that one.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2017, 09:18:21 am »

But every customer doesn't do this, I also said if becomes a habit then get rid. But the odd customer skipping the odd clean doesn't do any harm.

Like I said, it depends if the reason is likely to be part of an ongoing issue.  Also, it does do harm.  If the job is for, say, £20, that's £20 I won't earn that day if I'm up to date with my work. If I'm a bit behind, maybe it won't cost me money as I can bring another job forward (if there are any more in that area).
I'm already hard pushed financially. It's easy to think of this as the person dipping into my wallet and taking £20.

Stoots

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2017, 12:29:24 pm »

But every customer doesn't do this, I also said if becomes a habit then get rid. But the odd customer skipping the odd clean doesn't do any harm.

Like I said, it depends if the reason is likely to be part of an ongoing issue.  Also, it does do harm.  If the job is for, say, £20, that's £20 I won't earn that day if I'm up to date with my work. If I'm a bit behind, maybe it won't cost me money as I can bring another job forward (if there are any more in that area).
I'm already hard pushed financially. It's easy to think of this as the person dipping into my wallet and taking £20.

I think if it's a problem to you to miss the odd ten or 20 quid  then you need more work.

Likewise if you are on top of your work and up to date you probably my need more work.

I would always factor if having slightly more work than you need due to these factors, I never seem to run out of work, if someone skips or whatever I just do the next job, someone might want a conny roof doing so if I've time I'll do it.

Dont you get asked for gutters or conny etc? The way I see it is if 20 quid of work can't be done this week but I've been asked to do conny roof then I'm no worse off.

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2017, 06:28:07 pm »

I think if it's a problem to you to miss the odd ten or 20 quid  then you need more work.

Likewise if you are on top of your work and up to date you probably my need more work.

I would always factor if having slightly more work than you need due to these factors, I never seem to run out of work, if someone skips or whatever I just do the next job, someone might want a conny roof doing so if I've time I'll do it.

Dont you get asked for gutters or conny etc? The way I see it is if 20 quid of work can't be done this week but I've been asked to do conny roof then I'm no worse off.

i dont get it either adam.walter mitty has been cleaning windows longer than me(he started back in 1991) and he s always skint. :(

Shrek

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2017, 06:36:10 pm »

i dont get it either adam.walter mitty has been cleaning windows longer than me(he started back in 1991) and he s always skint. :(

Some people live beyond their means !

slap bash

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2017, 08:28:58 am »
If you cannot stick to your gun on how you operate then its pointless being in business. I believe if you want to be treated like a business then you need to have T& C just like any other business. Its never stopped me in the 10 years I have been in this game. They respect you for it.
Its the difference between you running your business or your customers running you. If you cannot put your foot down then it will show in your needy attitude and the customer will sence it and take advantage. if you very matter of fact about T&C  they accept it.

dazmond

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2017, 08:42:23 am »
If you cannot stick to your gun on how you operate then its pointless being in business. I believe if you want to be treated like a business then you need to have T& C just like any other business. Its never stopped me in the 10 years I have been in this game. They respect you for it.
Its the difference between you running your business or your customers running you. If you cannot put your foot down then it will show in your needy attitude and the customer will sence it and take advantage. if you very matter of fact about T&C  they accept it.

you just dont need T&C for window cleaning for domestics apart from a few verbal ones and perhaps a written one on invoices(i have please pay within 14 days on mine).other than that not needed.

Marc Stock

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2017, 11:11:31 am »

like your style though!

Who are his customers ? put it this way if a shiner turned up at your door looking paid for a job he hadn't done because you had
forgot to unlock the gate, would you pay him ?
Worse still, imagine if this was somebody's pensioner mum who had forgot and then had to pay for a non clean,  its not about having the balls its about keeping them from feeling the sharp end of a steel toecap boot. lol.

Pensioners don't forget.

They are amongst the best for remembering.

Trust me guys it works.  Of course i use my best judgement as sometimes there are mitigating circumstances.

Marc Stock

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2017, 11:17:30 am »
What happens if you cannot do them on the next due date due to unforseen circumstances......do you text them then.......some on here are very inflexible surprised they still have rounds.

Well if i cannot do them there normally has to be a very good reason for it. Like being very ill or dangerous weather.

On those rare occasions i will call them peronally on the phone to re arrange an alternative time and date suitable for them with no obligation to agree, normally they do agree to the next week or whatever. If they can't agree, its fine i just give them the next clean date and write the job off for that month which  has happened probably 5 times in 10 years

johnny bravo

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2017, 09:31:06 pm »
dont reply, let them get back to you,  say you have took 2 new customers on  thinking you didnt want them done anymore., or just add a few quid on and say they have become on to your 8 weekly job sheet, @ 8 weekly charge
if they are not happy with that then say ouvwa ;D ;D

Slacky

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2017, 10:40:00 pm »
I had one yesterday. Turned up, this was only the second visit.

The back gate was locked, so I knocked to get them to open it. He peered out and said 'Oh, we're going away in three days, can we leave it this time?'

'Sure' I said. .....

Michael Peterson

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2017, 04:05:42 pm »
We use text local so they can’t reply to the text which will just say your windows are due tommorow , then when the gate is locked it’s front only anyway , our landline number is an 0800 number with menus also , I never speak to anyone really and we do 700 accounts

johnny bravo

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2017, 08:18:06 pm »
good idea michael