windowswashed

Re: Fsc how?
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2017, 06:56:11 pm »
Don't do  FSG anymore but when I did I use to pressure wash the lot, so much quicker and easier. Just use a petrol power washer so no need for customer to be in  to use electrics. Tfr was all I used.

paul alan

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 07:12:37 pm »
I usually stand around scrubbing for ages with just pure cold water, wishing I would of stuck to the promise I made to myself last time I did one that I would never do it again.

Shoulders on fire, water running down the pole them my arms. Neck destroyed!

Thinking if this takes any longer I'll be on a £10 an hour for this job.

I did one last week and decided that I don't care if its not perfect, sod it I'm just gonna give it a good wash down without spending ages on it.

When I was done the customer said how impressed he was with the job "look new again" he said.

Lesson learned.

Splash & dash

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2017, 07:27:46 pm »
TFR through brush on spare pole...two or three Windows at a time....rinse off if possible with hose reel on customers tap...back to beginning with pure if doing Windows and frames as well.

it takes longer doing it your way mate.if its a  standard 3 bed semi for a regular customer ill charge £50-£60 for a fascia/soffit/outside gutter clean plus say £10 for windows and be done and dusted in an hour so £60-£70 an hour.not bad money for time taken.

Exactly we are the same good little earners , can easily do 6 in a day and still be home before 4.30 and over £400 , probebly struggle to get enough all the time but nice one day a week or so

Plankton

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2017, 10:37:55 pm »
Six in a day? feck that ones enough (depending on size). I'll do a few gutters in a day but not fsg's

simon w

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2017, 11:40:54 am »
Two hose reels connected to customers outside tap, two cleaners with water fed poles one at front and one at back working towards each other cleaning with tap water only highish flow. This removes the first and worst layer of dirt. We then plug into a 25 litre backpack x2 filled with degreaser and water with a lowish flow working into UPVC to achieve a deep clean then back around for the final time rinsing with tap water. Usually we'll deep clean the windows also same method and just wash the glass frames and sills with pure at the end.

We can usually fly around an average detached house pretty quickly. I have pretty high standards when doing these and quite often all plastics come up looking like brand new. These are always charged as a premium service and we often get asked to re clean again a year or two later.

David Beecroft

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2017, 09:44:11 pm »
I’ve had really good results using biological washing powder, dissolved in a bucket of hot water. Just brush on all upvc surfaces then start again at the beginning using the customers tap through my reel and scrub up. Getting really good feedback from my customers.

Brian Nunn

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2017, 03:17:42 pm »
I use customers tap at high pressure. I usually apply dliuted virosol beforehand via a spray bottle and leave for a few minutes before scrubbing.

I'm surprised to hear so many use pure water for this sort of job.

How is the water hardness in your area?
Mine is about 340 PPM. I washed my brown FSG with tap water and they came up OK but because it was a bungalow when they dried you could see a small amount of spotting. All the windows needing doing too from the drips.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2017, 05:18:27 pm »
I usually stand around scrubbing for ages with just pure cold water, wishing I would of stuck to the promise I made to myself last time I did one that I would never do it again.

Shoulders on fire, water running down the pole them my arms. Neck destroyed!

Thinking if this takes any longer I'll be on a £10 an hour for this job.

I did one last week and decided that I don't care if its not perfect, sod it I'm just gonna give it a good wash down without spending ages on it.

When I was done the customer said how impressed he was with the job "look new again" he said.

Lesson learned.

really?i can clean a full f/s/g on  a semi in an hour(including windows too)without hardly breaking a sweat(and im 46)£60-£70 an hour.
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2017, 06:40:00 pm »
Squirt of bleach, squirt of fairy, squirt of flash.. in a spray bottle, top up with water and away you go.

JandS

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2017, 06:59:57 pm »
Dazmond...your talking about just fsg......every fsg job I have done as also been all windows and frames as well.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

tom20001

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2017, 07:39:07 pm »
To be fair its is impossible to clean fsg without destroying windows in drops and dirt

Flash..

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2017, 07:47:23 pm »
I tried out degreaser from Screwfix on three dormers yesterday, at around 50-1 using warm water the first one needed a good scrub so I left it for 20mins on the third dormer and it came up alright and at the back of the house I added something else to speed up the job.  [img]http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/1511452164_Dormer clean1.jpg[/img

Good Job Tom, can I use your photo?

tom20001

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2017, 07:48:36 pm »
Its alans photo flash......to be fair great before and after

Flash..

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2017, 08:27:21 pm »
I tried out degreaser from Screwfix on three dormers yesterday, at around 50-1 using warm water the first one needed a good scrub so I left it for 20mins on the third dormer and it came up alright and at the back of the house I added something else to speed up the job. 

Great photo Alan any chance I can use it?

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2017, 10:22:36 pm »
Dazmond...your talking about just fsg......every fsg job I have done as also been all windows and frames as well.

no im not,i always clean the windows too at the same time so i find its easier/faster to use my pure than faffing about connecting to customers outside taps for the f/s/g.s
price higher/work harder!

tom20001

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2017, 06:36:22 pm »
Sorry for replying to old post im sure many are sick of looking at! 🙈 but im finding spraying benz blackwash on gutters (which will be cheaper still now ive sourced my own hypo)  an absolute revelation. No more back breaking scrubbing and trying to get dirt and grime off. Im not telling anyone how to do their job but to anyone who uses just pure water(which was me for last 5 years) try it on a bit of guttering some day, i doubt you will look back