paul alan

Gardiners 100 degree fans
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:21:43 pm »
Got my gardiners box through with my fan jets amongst other bits in and wacked em on today.

They are loud....at first l switched the flow on and thought whats all the fuss about noise? Then l put brush to glass and OMG they are loud.

Anyways l was looking forward to doing some hydrophobic glass hoping that this would be a game changer.....dissapointment.

The pencils seemed to push the water down the glass better, they just kind of misted the window up and l couldnt see a flow going down the glass. Had to double rinse to be sure.

They were good on phillic though but no better than pencils, shame as l was hoping for something that was gonna make a differnece to my day. Sadly not.

I did also get some of them gardiners dooblebug thingy's and the atatchment so l can have the dooblebug on my pole with the brush at the same time, l bought these as l have some bronze wool pads that fit right on. Im looking forward to my first cleans now as this stuff takes no prisoners on the glass,it clears them of all types of crap in seconds. I used them for insides work and soon realised l had to make this stuff part of my arsenal.

Don Kee

Re: Gardiners 100 degree fans
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:27:18 pm »
On first impressions I agree, seem to vapourise the water alot more than the blue lumarks.
The spread of the fan is very wide (but that'll be fine once used to it) but I've turned the flow right down to see if that helps.
Not convinced but will he my first day using them proper so we'll see how we get on

paul alan

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 08:50:14 pm »
I so wanted them to work today but l suppose l been using jets all my wc life so l hold hope still as l may just be"doing it wrong" as the wife says..haha!

How are you supposed to use these things that sound like jet washer?

I get 2.5ltr pm at the brush head so maybe thats not enough pressure??

I dunno my gardiners order bought back that magic of being 6 and waiting for santa to arrive , then when it did it bought back the devastation ofmfinding out santa was a fake.

Lets hope my dooblebug/bronze wool makes my first cleans better then l wont totaly lose faith in the window cleaning fairy.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 09:00:31 pm »
got to set a brush head up but the Lumark ones are hard to beat and if you have the flow correct ( high ) the water will sheet down the glass

where did you get the bronze wool pads from ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 09:14:43 pm »
how do you mean, set a brush head up?

DA components £15 each(bought separate) with postage, searched the web but couldn't find em cheaper elsewhere.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 10:13:37 pm »
i mean fit in the 100 degree fans

cheers for the info

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Paul Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 10:19:07 pm »
Got mine as well today..........................CRAP...................rip em out tomorrow and get me pencils back in.

paul alan

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 10:31:58 pm »
Got mine as well today..........................CRAP...................rip em out tomorrow and get me pencils back in.

Words of wisdom

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 11:40:04 pm »
This is weird.  I switched from pencils to the red fans nearly two years ago and got on with them really well.  All the problems I was expecting due to what I'd read on here about vents and whatnot I never experienced.  In fact, I preferred them to pencils.  I popped a pair of these black 100 degree fans in last week to try, and aside from the noise, I found them even better than the reds.  I can't see me ever go back to pencils.  Maybe they're just better suited to my work.  Though they work much better than the reds on a lower flow, I prefer to work with them on full bore.  I found that I consistently got through more work and used less water.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

paul alan

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 06:46:29 am »
Perhaps they are better suited to your technique, how do you use them?

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 08:24:05 am »

That could be it.  I rinse on the glass most of the time, especially when doing upstairs windows.  When cleaning under vents, I never rinse off the glass. I do a couple of slow passes before moving down the glass. 
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 11:23:09 am »
If i ever switch onto fan jets i think i would be the same as M & C as i dont see the point of rinsing off glass, not even at a great height (tho i dont work past ground, upstairs and then 2nd floor......some may call it 3rd floor).
Thats why i like the spray bar i have or the 6 jets as they give a good spread of water and a good flow down the glass. Whuch enables a faster and more efficient clean as M&C has said.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 02:37:49 pm »

That could be it.  I rinse on the glass most of the time, especially when doing upstairs windows.  When cleaning under vents, I never rinse off the glass. I do a couple of slow passes before moving down the glass.
I would like to see this technique as its a new ball game this fan jet jet mallarcky, on phillic glass it rinses realy well on the glass but on phobic l just cant see whats happening with regards where is being rinsed exactly.
Dont suppose you would do us a vid?

robbo333

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 02:56:13 pm »
I used them on two jobs today and the results were very good. However, I prefer pencils as, amongst other things, I don't think I was any quicker with the fans. I do use red fans on fsg cleans and some leaded but I don't think I'll be using these. Having said that, the price and delivery is cheap so if you're not sure, defo give it a go. You may love 'em!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

duncan h

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 04:25:17 pm »
If anyone wants to post me your new crap fans, feel free to do so :)

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: Gardiners 100 degree fans New
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 10:43:38 pm »

I would like to see this technique as its a new ball game this fan jet jet mallarcky, on phillic glass it rinses realy well on the glass but on phobic l just cant see whats happening with regards where is being rinsed exactly.
Dont suppose you would do us a vid?

I'm not sure that a video would be helpful even if I did one.  But, as you've discovered, rinsing with fanjets is very different compared to rinsing with pencil jets. When rinsing off the glass with fans the brush must stay closer to the glass than with pencils due to the spray pattern, otherwise the 'wave' that you need to rinse the dirt off won't form.  This is why jets that vapourise the water too much aren't good for window cleaning use. 

Though this is by no means set in stone, I would suggest that when you start using fanjets it's good to have a solid foundation working with pencil jets first.  I would also say it's crucial to learn to rinse 'on the glass' as well as 'off the glass' so that you are proficient with both methods because you will need them.  Another small piece of kit I found really useful when using fanjets is the swivel.