Solar Steve

Re: Too many readers, not enough posters
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 09:14:37 am »
I used to post a hell of a lot and start lots of topics - think I used to be in top 3 for starting posts ( these stats now hidden for over a year - no idea why ? ) but to be honest nowadays too busy to post so that's about 40% of why Ive not and noticed the forum went sour / nasty about 18 months ago so that's the other 60% as cba with it all and not just me by the looks of things
The stats are hidden because the top 20 were all solar related! 😂

8weekly

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 09:20:58 am »
I used to post a hell of a lot and start lots of topics - think I used to be in top 3 for starting posts ( these stats now hidden for over a year - no idea why ? ) but to be honest nowadays too busy to post so that's about 40% of why Ive not and noticed the forum went sour / nasty about 18 months ago so that's the other 60% as cba with it all and not just me by the looks of things
After you have been going for a few years there isn't a lot left to learn on here. That's the simple truth of it.

Dry Clean

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 09:22:51 am »
Spend a bit of time on Faceache, you'll never complain about this place again, guys on here are quick to see through
self promotion crafty plugging of products and so on which tends to drive these types away.
The guys who are here for a bit of advice/ banter with people in the same profession tend to hang around, ok a thick skin
does help at times but you shouldn't be in this business if you don't have one.

tom20001

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 08:39:28 pm »
I would have to agree that the forum is probably not quite as good as it was when i originally joined. Sometimes you get no answer to a question and sometimes it takes days if you do.
However at the same time this forum and its helpful members helped me set up my wfp system myself from scratch and advised me not to go get it fitted by a company which would have cost much more.
Then the same members helped me find the right gutter vaccum and poles and cameras etc

And right now im getting into softwashing and there are still people here who are more than happy to help and advise

Im as guilty as anyone that i read a lot more than i respond to posts . But then im new enough to this cleaning game and would not have anything like the knowledge a lot of guys on here have.

The search engine is a great asset for information i agree. However if nobody asks questions and everybody uses search function this forum would quickly lose its edge surely.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2017, 09:07:14 pm »
the forum crap and has gone down hills since 8 weekly joined and tosh went on a melt down after come back from the Buddhist temple

in all seriousness people on here forget that they are window cleaners and just that and leave there sense of humor at home.
sometime people need to get a life and enjoy it casue you only live once.yes there is help out there and i been grateful for it in the pass and will always help out when i can,
it always makes me laugh when people give there expert opinions on things they know nothing about,yet it got to be right cause i am ciu  :)   

8weekly

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2017, 10:15:44 pm »
the forum crap and has gone down hills since 8 weekly joined and tosh went on a melt down after come back from the Buddhist temple

in all seriousness people on here forget that they are window cleaners and just that and leave there sense of humor at home.
sometime people need to get a life and enjoy it casue you only live once.yes there is help out there and i been grateful for it in the pass and will always help out when i can,
it always makes me laugh when people give there expert opinions on things they know nothing about,yet it got to be right cause i am ciu  :)
Oi Ironside!

Tosh

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2017, 10:33:22 pm »
lol

That's funny that is Steve.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Frankybadboy

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2017, 09:25:55 pm »

Oi Ironside!
my pleasure  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

but sir ironside to you