GDwindowcleaning

Re: Handy man service as a add on???
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2012, 12:40:27 pm »
I am sure they have all the bases covered, as well as www.dialahandyman.com there are others, mr handyman is the largest handyman company in the world and hireahubby is massive too. They all seem to get along just fine, I know window cleaning is a good business to be in but I think I would like the variety of running a handyman business...

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2012, 11:27:26 pm »
I personally think if u concentrate on windows,gutters and conservatories and get your pricing right then you would lose money on some of the handyman jobs you did, I constantly look at ways of improving my round and the odd jobs I used to do are slowly getting dropped as on the glass I can hit between £25-£50 per hour.
Doing it for the variation is understandable but would doubt you could hit the above hourly figure doing it, I charge £20 for odd jobs but only those I can complete within 30 minutes, I am still thinking about gardening as an add on, lawn mowing only but would have my trainee do it to boost his income

Graham

gregmyster

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2012, 10:22:08 pm »
i have a full round but the majority off my cutomers ask me to do bits off jobs for them, i slowly generate a list of indoor work and then when the weather is to bad i consentrate on those jobs.as they are my regular customers people omly ask me to do jobs that they are not desperate to get done so i keep earning and they are happy to.