jhagger

what time to start?
« on: November 01, 2005, 10:24:59 pm »
with the early dark evenings need to be out starting work asap. all my work is residential and i've always gone for the 8.30 start but after talking to another window cleaner he tells me he's out starting domestic at 8.what time do you nall think is a reasonable time to be up at customers windows!without people having a moan
cheers
jon

AuRavelling79

Re: what time to start?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 10:48:24 pm »
Have a customer or two in each area that you do and get them to agree to an 8.00 start, then by the time you've done them it'll be gone 8.30 anyway.
It's a game of three halves!

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 10:52:49 pm »
By the time I get the kids to school its gone 9 when I get to my 1st clean anyway

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 11:26:50 pm »
Unless it's a pre arranged time, we're at the first job at about 9.30 winter and summer.

All this week we'll be (and have been) at the first job well before 9am but that's how it's worked out.

Last week we didn't start a single job before about 9.45am.

During the winter when the days end earlier we take it a bit easier but during the summer, we go hell for leather.

brett walker

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 11:30:44 pm »
We start at 8 am finish at 4.30

Brett

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 11:39:27 pm »
4.30 am................

:o

WHAT????

dai

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 07:36:56 pm »
Well if your using WFP you should be ok starting a bit earlier, your not up at their windows whilst their getting dressed, or rattling ladders. Other tradesmen start at
8 o'clock. Dai

neil100

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 08:25:50 pm »
What a lot of lazy bug---s you lot are.

Leave home before 8.00am, so I'm there ready like a greyhound out of the blocks.
dont worry to much even if its frosty As long as the temp not any colder then -11c and the windchills not to strong.

Got to be a bit carefull on the ladders as they ice up.But I go up and down every other rung so when they ice up i switch to the other rungs. when their frozen I switch to the other set of ladders.Get to 10.00am cracked it,got me shorts on under me trackies so if its not windy and the suns out.I strip down to my shorts and crack on like the road runner.Dont want anyone thinking I;m going soft in my old age.

THen again I'm from the north so I dont Know if you southern sofites can take it.

Think what your missing,the storys I could tell, Oh the things I've seen between 8.00 and 9.00 am.

Nel.

Michael Ross

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 04:37:02 am »
The other day I started a client at 7:30am. Which is fine by me as I'm up at 5:00am anyway - for commercial work. Though I like to start most of them at 8:00 - those with kids get doing after they've dropped the kids off at school so usually about 9:30am for them.

But being from Australia, where people get both inside and outside done instead of just out, I need them to be home - or to be home at least long enough to let me in so I can do the inside.

Michael Ross

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 11:09:23 am »
I leave the house at 8.15(ish) and buy myself a paper and something to eat.
Then park up somewhere near my workplace and read and eat.

I usually then start about 9, although mondays are often closer to 9.30, as I'm reading through all the football reports.

An hour lunch, and done by 4. :P
Won't be able to do any later soon anyway.

Rog.

rosskesava

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 03:43:04 pm »
Which is fine by me as I'm up at 5:00am anyway

Ye Gods .... :o

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 03:50:37 pm »
9.00 start 1.00 finish   8)

Michael Ross

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2005, 11:04:19 pm »
Which is fine by me as I'm up at 5:00am anyway

Ye Gods .... :o

But with Summer about here, the bloody birds in our yard and their chirping has been waking me at 4:30am the last week. I just turn around and get another 30 minutes, if I can, then get up. Make a brew, check email and the like while eating a few pieces of fruit, and am out the door around 6:00. Do some commercial stuff, check post box, get groceries for the day (grocer opens at 6:00 am too) then come back home for a bit of breakie before headling out again.

Funny thing. The client whose before and after photos I have on my website (www.windowwashingguys.com), he wanted his windows done "first thing". As you can imagine, what other people mean by that and what I mean are different.

After further quizzing he tells me, "Oh early, we get up at 7:30" HA!

Michael Ross

Londoner

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2005, 08:15:23 am »
A few customers like an early clean before they go to work. They are the ones who don't like you cleaning while they are out because they want to see what you are doing. Offer it as an additional service.
Or you could try to get a bit of shop work. The WCs are out in our shopping centre every morning by 6am.