New waves of new windies.
« on: May 29, 2013, 04:11:34 pm »
I have been on this forum for some time, and I observe the waves of new comers and the same questions .It seems to work in cycles of 3 to 6 months. They all cue up and need to know how much one can earn in a day and how much to charge. Then they need equipment and always buy the wrong stuff first and tell every one how good the Brodex pole is. Then its web site and add words and lighter poles. Then when you have been on 6 month you need to give back to every one with the best advice you have gathered for the new wave again.
What would be a good idea is to tern back forum every 6 month then one will not have to repeat the same Q/answers.

wfp master

Re: New waves of new windies.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 04:44:19 pm »
I have been on this forum for some time, and I observe the waves of new comers and the same questions .It seems to work in cycles of 3 to 6 months. They all cue up and need to know how much one can earn in a day and how much to charge. Then they need equipment and always buy the wrong stuff first and tell every one how good the Brodex pole is. Then its web site and add words and lighter poles. Then when you have been on 6 month you need to give back to every one with the best advice you have gathered for the new wave again.
What would be a good idea is to tern back forum every 6 month then one will not have to repeat the same Q/answers.
F.A.Q section or pinned threads.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 05:31:29 pm »
The next wave of questions will be:

1) Smithie, when are you going to retire, isn't it about time?

2) Richy, how's your ring?

3) How much for this round in Ellsemere Port?

4) Who wants a second-hand laptop?

5) How do you get the bars in cell windows come clean without any streaks or drips?

6) Whose up for a coach visit to Chester Prison?

7) My boss is inside, how do I go about getting my supply of cocaine back?

9) Lock-up available for rent, guess where.

Positivity

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 07:11:53 pm »
The next wave of questions will be:

1) Smithie, when are you going to retire, isn't it about time?

2) Richy, how's your ring?

3) How much for this round in Ellsemere Port?

4) Who wants a second-hand laptop?

5) How do you get the bars in cell windows come clean without any streaks or drips?

6) Whose up for a coach visit to Chester Prison?

7) My boss is inside, how do I go about getting my supply of cocaine back?

9) Lock-up available for rent, guess where.
10) Can anyone lend me a ladder? ;D

poleman

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 07:15:57 pm »
been here 10 years  :'( and does get same old same old

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 07:46:42 pm »
LOL

Good book.

G Griffin

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 08:05:51 pm »

Hey, Flock of Seagulls, I said all that in December.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

wfp master

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 09:07:31 pm »
maybe some one with a lot of spare time could write a book about WFP FAQ.

CleanClear

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 11:54:12 pm »

I think we all learn from the onging answers. And you can never stop learning. I've got more questions now than when i started !! And of course a lot of the advice we recieve and profer is blag !! In some ways i'm no further along. Here's some questions i still have.....
 Why did my WFP not remove finger prints today when i cleaned some patio doors ? I had to polish off with micro fibres to finish the job off.
 Why do i need to use virosol or g101 to remove the sort of deposits and fouling that 'pure water' is supposed to excell at cleaning?
 Why did i buy a short 12 foot pole thinking it would be great for cleaning conservatorys when i use my CLX 27 on nearly all of them ?
 Why have i bought more types of ladders since i've been wfp when i only ever used one ladder before ?
 Why do guys still work soley on ladders on dangerous stuff, don't they realise they can get tax credits for investing in equiptment to make the job safer?
 Why do people think microfibres and pure water sprays at the end of a pole or on a pad will clean high windows well when they don't make a good job at eye level ?
Do i tell people that complained about their previous window cleaner only using a dirty old rag that it was probably a scrim and they're very expensive?
 I'm sure i can think of more if i put my mind to it...........
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

JamesAJF

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 12:44:21 am »
been here 10 years  :'( and does get same old same old
i think maybe we should get out more instead of spending every knight on this fourm then maybe it wouldn't get same old :P
bish bash bosh

PoleKing

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 01:42:42 am »

I think we all learn from the onging answers. And you can never stop learning. I've got more questions now than when i started !! And of course a lot of the advice we recieve and profer is blag !! In some ways i'm no further along. Here's some questions i still have.....
 Why did my WFP not remove finger prints today when i cleaned some patio doors ? I had to polish off with micro fibres to finish the job off.
 Why do i need to use virosol or g101 to remove the sort of deposits and fouling that 'pure water' is supposed to excell at cleaning?
 Why did i buy a short 12 foot pole thinking it would be great for cleaning conservatorys when i use my CLX 27 on nearly all of them ?
 Why have i bought more types of ladders since i've been wfp when i only ever used one ladder before ?
 Why do guys still work soley on ladders on dangerous stuff, don't they realise they can get tax credits for investing in equiptment to make the job safer?
 Why do people think microfibres and pure water sprays at the end of a pole or on a pad will clean high windows well when they don't make a good job at eye level ?
Do i tell people that complained about their previous window cleaner only using a dirty old rag that it was probably a scrim and they're very expensive?
 I'm sure i can think of more if i put my mind to it...........
1,?
2,?
3, you're making too much money and want to spend it rather than give it to her majesty
4, see 3
5, easier to hide a ladder than a full WFP from the dole office
6, this is my favourite as someone i know does it-basically cause you can't see that high. The guy I know gives a little mist, 2 scrubs and 'that'll do' looks crap.
7, If you have the job, no. If you're definitely not getting the job, yes.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

geefree

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 11:54:51 pm »
oh my dear god ! ::)roll