Julian Biggs

Get rid of spreadsheets !
« on: October 01, 2021, 09:29:17 pm »
Hi guys...
We used a  hand written diary  for the first 5 years to manage our daily workload. In years 6-14 we used Excel spreadsheets. It was manageable, but took a lot of of input and we gained no work info from it. Since year 15 we have been using [Modded - seems suspiciously like advertising to me and to the other forum members who have reported this post.]

Splash & dash

Re: Get rid of spreadsheets !
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 09:55:59 pm »
Very strange that your first post is to promote a software  program are yoh sure you have no vested interest in it ??????  I smell a rat 😂😂😂😂

NBwcs

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 09:57:41 pm »
Out of interest, how much does it cost? Do you update it via your phone as you go?

Julian Biggs

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 09:59:30 pm »
 If you search me historically by my name you'll see ive been on here for years ! Just I haven't been on here for a while and I had to reset my password because its been that long. Hope that clears things up.....

Julian Biggs

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 10:02:21 pm »
Don't quote me exactly but it's around £50 per month for up to 5 users and then £19 per month for further users....Best £50 we ever spent !

Julian Biggs

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 10:04:13 pm »
Very strange that your first post is to promote a software  program are yoh sure you have no vested interest in it ??????  I smell a rat 😂😂😂😂
check me out julian biggs...Ive been on here for years....

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 10:31:11 pm »
If you search me historically by my name you'll see ive been on here for years ! Just I haven't been on here for a while and I had to reset my password because its been that long. Hope that clears things up.....

Yes 2019  but no posts again very strange ?????

Julian Biggs

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 11:36:31 pm »
you know what...don't worry about it. The people who have been on Cleanitup for long enough know in the past ive posted stuff, genuine stuff about window cleaning, buying rounds, selling rounds and general help for other window cleaners over the last 16 years. I was just trying to put a thing out there to give anyone looking to convert from old ways of managing their work to an easier way, but as always these days everyone thinks that someone who  is  trying to do something nice and genuine is a scammer....I wont bother any more. You sceptical " oh lets run to the moderator " people carry on. NOT EVERYONE IS A SCAMMER ( or a sceptic ) .

Julian Biggs

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2021, 11:45:15 pm »

Yes 2019  but no posts again very strange ?????  You've clearly been scammed before...Just email the moderators and ask them how long Julian Biggs has been on cleanitup and when you get the answer post it on here to clear my name that you seem so happy to discredit as a fraud and a scammer....

tlwcs

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2021, 07:10:46 am »
You’re a bit late to the party. There are several dedicated round software programs that have been around for years.
I find it strange you’ve struggled on for years with spreadsheets
Tony

NBwcs

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2021, 03:02:43 pm »
It would be interesting to see how all the different software programs compare in price side by side. Not yet convinced that as a sole trader, it would be that beneficial, I can see for those that employ (ie multiple rounds) that it would be a godsend.

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2021, 03:13:53 pm »
It would be interesting to see how all the different software programs compare in price side by side. Not yet convinced that as a sole trader, it would be that beneficial, I can see for those that employ (ie multiple rounds) that it would be a godsend.

I have 5 guys working for  me and spread sheets works fine , doesn’t crash , no monthly fees , no 3rd party that can loose  or cause system failures . I don't want my customers and business reliant on some software programs it’s simply not needed , if ones want to go down that route then that’s there choose but how often do you see posts on forums about problems with all of them .

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2021, 10:35:01 pm »
Famous last words, but George seems to be fine for me. I know it isn't a favourite on here anymore but there is no monthly fee at all and although you can pay £12 a year for third party back up you don't need to.
It's a game of three halves!

Spruce

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2021, 06:58:55 am »
Famous last words, but George seems to be fine for me. I know it isn't a favourite on here anymore but there is no monthly fee at all and although you can pay £12 a year for third party back up you don't need to.

I agree. It does the job for me as well.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2021, 08:50:11 pm »

I agree. It does the job for me as well.
Agree, best 50 quid I ever spent on my business.

JandS

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2021, 09:23:06 pm »
Spreadsheets are so simple and free.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

mgba_78

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2021, 08:58:05 pm »
This has made me chuckle!!!

Julian Biggs, ahhh yes, he is real and not hopefully not on a commission for the round software he mentioned.
Why? 
As he my business partner lol

Its true though, as soon as you grow and your customer count expands to decent numbers managing via a spread sheet is an awful task.
We switched, it was difficult adding everyone in and all the details required, but now its POP to manage!

:-)

Oooooo that is shiny!!

Julian Biggs

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2021, 09:25:36 pm »
I am a real actual person.....I promise....I must be cause i'm going out cleaning bloody windows tomorrow...

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2021, 10:09:12 pm »
I am a real actual person.....I promise....I must be cause i'm going out cleaning bloody windows tomorrow...
are you? you might just be NPC in a sim game......

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk