james roffey

Your thoughts guys!
« on: March 19, 2010, 10:41:01 am »
Doing a bit of research this morning and stumbled on the Alltec marketing site i have heard of all this slick American style marketing before and was reading about this guy you know the story.
"In less than two years i have gone from being a broke carpet cleaner always chasing low priced jobs, i now earn £85,000 after only two years and looking to earn £125,000 next year" i usually take these comments with "a pinch of salt"
But I thought i would google this guy as i thought,  who is he.
He is based in yorkshire but, Almost nothing exists on google for him! which i thought was strange for such a successful carpet cleaner who i would have thought would have many professional websites in more than one area, that were easy to find, all i could find was stuff related to the marketing and not carpet cleaning.
I know people who are doing well who never feature on any forum that many of you may never have heard of they use this method of marketing, but i guarantee they are easy to find on the web, i dont want to name this guy, as he may be genuine and i have no wish to libel him, but how do you earn that sort of money carpet cleaning without a web  precense, i would say a third of my work comes via the web alone, so at the very least he would have a site of some description, i know it may not feature this guys name but i find it hard to believe that his name would not feature anywhere on google if he is that successful, i have also checked on Yell.com which was negative too, he claims to have been the first IICRC master cleaner/restorator in the uk. not sure of what the legal implications are of naming him, but Alltec must know ho he is, i have phoned them and asked to speak with Robert Saunders as yet no reply although to be fair that was only an hour ago, i have also only found one enrty on the whole of google for a telephone listing and that is saying "not available"  this guys goes on about being a genuine carpet cleaner earning amazing amounts of money, for a  big business man  he is very low profile!
I thought that marketing meant getting your name known ???

Mark_Jubb

Re: Your thoughts guys!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 11:16:07 am »
I doubt that you'll get to speak to Robert today, he's probably spending all his time talking to people, face to face at Carpex as he was yesterday.
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire

james roffey

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 09:23:07 am »
I dont see what harm it can do to ask you if anyone has heard of the guy,his name is Andrew Walker and is based in bradford.

On the Alltec site he says "My name is Andrew Walker and yes i am a real carpet cleaner probably like yourself, a one man operator and work out of a Town called Bradford"

oh and he's doing very nicely :D or so he tells everyone maybe he did so good he retired to a villa in the south of France if so  good luck to him :-[

robert meldrum

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 04:04:35 pm »
Andrew Walker has been used as an axample for the past 12 or so years by Alltec. You have a similar success story on here who absorbed and followed the advice offered by the Fast track system can't vouch for his earnings but I'm sure Colin would confirm if it exceeds £100k and probably remove the post afterwards.

There must be a fair number on here who take in considerably more than £2k a week which, pro rata is less than the £50k target on the original Alltec marketing programmes of 15 or so years go.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 04:14:49 pm »
Andrew Walker went into marble floor cleaning, he may have had the best prices but not sure what his turn over was, Martin Reilly was another, I'm not on fast track though... ;)

Shaun

murky

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 05:17:15 pm »
The fast track system is OK, I use the pink letters sometimes and with limited results.

My only problem with it is that all the businesses on the letters say they have been in cleaning for more than 20 years or so or since 1985.

I have, but there is a business near me that certainly hasnt, he's only about 30 if he's a day.

I know they are bending the truth, as obviously Altec have been going for 20 years or so and use that as a get out, but it cant be right to get a machine, go on a course and say you have 20 years experience behind you.

I know that Trading Standards dont like false recomendations, those from 'Mrs Williams' saying  'Bill did a great job and we allways use him' are frowned on, but you never hear of them being done for it.

Moan over.

Murky

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 06:36:33 pm »
there will always be people who will do really well, they would have done well even if they had not gone into Fastrack, I know a number of carpet cleaners who tried it and it didnt work, but we dont here about all the failure just the success.

the latest success touted by Alltec  is said to be making a fortune, but how much profit is he taking?  from his website he has 6 staff and offices which all need paying for plus the marketing to keep everyone busy.

plus how much are these companies spending on marketing?, finding people willing to pay top dollar are not cheap to find
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

ianharper

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 07:48:36 am »
James

he is a top guy. known him for many years first meet him at a JP boot camp in 1999 he is one of the first in FT. What interesting about him that he markets in the other side of the City where he lives, not in the area he has his home. he might have now moved but the idea is good.

James don't bother with FT or JP go straight to the source

http://dankennedy.com/

Dan wrote JP's stuff

Mike also makes a real point I have never seen any FT guys bank statements so how can you really believe what is being claimed. I think you just need to look how people live.

My advise is read my reviews on CCDO on Dans books and buy them and this will open your mind to direct response marketing.

Having said that FT is fine if you do what you are told and spend the money. When I was involved in allergystop a FT guy showed his accounts and he had spent about £40k on marketing for i think it was well over £100k turnover, but again it was not his bank statements.

Hope this helps

respect

ian

PS. this guys Dad was also at that boot camp as well as Robert from alltec they where all in carpet cleaning and i was there to find out ideas for my maid service. which goes to show this stuff does work for any market, we where the only four from the UK

http://www.nulifefloorcare.co.uk/marble.html

PPS. also with respect we have spoken about the internet its not the only game in town. why would anyone want to show every other carpet cleaner their ideas. I always share stuff but its not everything thats going on. which i would guess is the same for most people on here. in fact my focus this year has turned away from the internet and to other media.

murky

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 08:04:58 am »
I know of 3 guys from Servicemaster that did it and reaped the rewards, wish I had the money and the wherewithall to have done it at the time.

I used to get pink letters from 2 businesses near me, suppose 1 has packed up as we dont get them any more, the other stopped sending them, BUT has a dirty great TM in a new van 'cleanest carpets etc etc', you should have seen the pile of tut he was driving before so something has worked.

He does a maintenance clean near me on a cottage but I went past the other day and he was cleaning her windows, so he's either busy or desperate to do anything to get money in.

Murky

robert meldrum

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 08:05:47 am »
What most marketing gurus offer is NOT NEW...............most of it's been around for at least 100 years, YES I said 100 years.   In old movies there was often " The Snake Oil " salesman who trvelled around from town to town selling a " Miracle Cure "which was coloured water in a bottle, but the salesman was a slick " Marketer "

He got the prospects ATTENTION by SUGGESTING in his presentation that they, the potential customer had a NEED and he was the person to SATISFY that NEED.

What you are marketing is a service to people who NEED something cleaned...........It's up to you to convince them of the VALUE in using our service to SATISFY their NEED.

Get their ATTENTION .............Make them an OFFER............Give them REAL VALUE .............and make them LIKE YOU.

Do that and you don't need Dan Kennedy or any other SCRIPT WRITER which is really all GURUS are

ianharper

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 08:11:33 am »
Robert

Dan has made over 100 millionaires in as many market places. but you do make your point well about whats its about. Also he has spoken with many household names to over 30k people

snake oil is not his business.

Dan is far from a copy writer.

craigp

Re: Your thoughts guys! New
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 04:16:59 pm »
***********I know that Trading Standards dont like false recomendations, those from 'Mrs Williams' saying  'Bill did a great job and we allways use him' are frowned on, but you never hear of them being done for it.

Moan over.

Murky**********

Have to take issue with this, I have done FT and I use testimonials.  I can tell you they are absolutely REAL

I have collected them for years now (well rarely now) I have a whole folder full with the names, address, occupation and telephone numbers, If any one wants to meet me your welcome and I'll show you, you can even call a ramdom few if your still not convinced.

They are real and I'm sure all the other FT'ers are.

Some of the FT's dont bother much with the internet as this route you have competition and price shoppers and feel its low end work they dont want.

They put out leaflets on a massive scale, I believe one company put out 1 million a year.

Its about hard work and running your company as a business not a life style business as most do.

The companies used in Alltecs advertising are real but of course when he quotes monthly takings he will use their best monthly taking ever. which is normal for any advertising to use best examples.

Hope this clears a few things up, Craig