Tony Tadier

Youtube vids
« on: May 25, 2009, 12:26:22 pm »

Has anyone searched Youtube for carpet cleaning vids and seen some of these guys (mostly Americans) bash the carpet to pieces.

I mean there is no or very little wand technique, in some cases no dry passes and no or very little respect for the custy property....em!

In fact, the majority of these companies seem to be employing kids to do the work.

It just goes to show that you dont know who you are getting and what standard of job they are going to do when you ring a number, could be for anything, electrician, plumber etc.....

so,  is Youtube advertising a good or bad thing?

Would you consider having a professional DVD made up of your company and services?

What are the pros and cons?

I'm considering having a DVD made, just 10mins long covering everything my company does to distribute to potential commercial customers, to back up large industrial written surveys that I do and to pop on things like youtube?

robert meldrum

Re: Youtube vids
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 02:20:28 pm »
Do you really imagine anyone is going to spend 10 mins looking at a carpet cleaning dvd ?

Tony Tadier

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 02:33:30 pm »
Do you really imagine anyone is going to spend 10 mins looking at a carpet cleaning dvd ?

Yes, if you are quoting and dealing with a multi national company and they can actually see what type of company you are and operate then that surely must be a plus. Certainly an edge on your competitors.

Not forgetting that these big companies go through a vigourous selection process with their facility management....

Anyhow, placing a professional vid on the likes of Youtube, I'm sure, will generate work, if not an interest in your company.... which is all good.

robert meldrum

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 07:53:35 pm »
Tony

You can NOT see what kind of company you're dealing with on DVD.  You might see a well put together presentation but it will never stand up to a live demo and face to face presentation, whether to a local office, or a multinational, or hospital, or whatever.

An attention grabbing letter or leaflet is scanned in seconds and will be placed in the day diary if there's a need for the service being promoted.

I suspect the people who get the most out of you tube c/c  vid's are carpet cleaners.

But I'll be happy to be proven wrong  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 07:55:35 pm »

Robert, If they get a topless blonde to do the cleaning in the vid, it just might work...... Do you think Clinton's up for it? ;D ;D ;D

robert meldrum

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 08:18:25 pm »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's cheating

:o :o :o :o

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 08:27:34 pm »
There was a guy who had a youtube video of him cleaning a small rug and apparently it worked well on helping him sell via the competitive internet market.

Shaun

Tony Tadier

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 10:13:54 pm »
There was a guy who had a youtube video of him cleaning a small rug and apparently it worked well on helping him sell via the competitive internet market.

Shaun

Its this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM9cUdcYBb0

robert meldrum

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 10:31:51 pm »
If it works...................do it, but does anyone really look for their local carpet cleaner on you tube ????

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 10:43:33 pm »
What actually happens is the tags you use for your video are picked up in the Google searches (bear in mind Google and Youtube are one)

You don't have to be in the top three either because your eyes are drawn to the youtube frame on the listings.

Youtube is however the 2nd biggest search engine used after Google.

The viral stuff is not much use in a local market apart from generating backlinks.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 10:45:17 pm »
That's the one, they used to put it on their website.

Shaun

robert meldrum

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 12:13:07 am »
OK I'm not great at the linking etc on websites, maybe I should improve my knowledge and benefit.

It's become apparent recently that the ones who know how are getting business via the net which is great, just wish I knew how to work it !!!!

Presume you're a " United " man Shaun it's been an incredible end to the season up here too.

heritagecleaning

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 06:35:51 pm »
Where it would be a good thing is that once the vid is up on you tube it can be 'embeded' into your own webpage, so any potential customer visiting the site woud just have to click 'play' to see it.