Mike Halliday

Yp price -shoppers
« on: February 16, 2007, 05:26:26 pm »
Just lately  I've had problems with my mobile phone so a lot of calls have gone to my answer service, and I've noticed that all the calls from the Y/Ps have been good leads.

that i realised that the reason they were all good was that there was no price-shoppers,

price shoppers just move onto the next number rather than leave a message, perhaps this is a way to screen calls, someone who has read my advert and likes what it says will call and leave a message, but if they are just collecting prices they'll move on.

I might leave it on the answer machine ;)

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

lands

Re: Yp price -shoppers
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 09:26:23 pm »
I have noticed similar Mike but try and recall the amount of times you have talked a price shopper into a job because a, you knew what you were talking about b, they liked the sound of your voice and c, you might genuinely have been the cheapest. This doesn't include any customers who need an immediate response either. Think about the commercial environment where a lacky has been told to get someone in to do a job and quickly (could lead to bigger things). I'm just saying think twice.

Pete

Ian Rochester

Re: Yp price -shoppers
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 05:37:28 am »
I had a call a while ago, diverted to my mobile from a woman who had spilt some wine on her carpet the night before, it wasn't really in my area but she had tried 8 other carpet cleaners in her area and none had answered their phone!

I got the job, then booked her in for a full house clean and her leather suite, if I remember rightly the total job was £572.

I have been back there twice since to clean up after her parties.

I have found that very few people will actually leave a message, unless they specifically want YOU to do the job, most will just hang up and move the next number on the list.