Re: yp / leaflets
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2007, 11:50:42 am »

I'm just thinking Paul's response is low and wondered if he should investigate his delivery method. If it's the norm, then all the hu ha over the flyers is hot air, or perhaps they have been so overused any positive effect is no negated.

derikraven

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2007, 08:35:40 pm »
just like to say I've been in business for twenty five years and I've never been tempted to do a leaflet drop. I prefer to keep a permanent ad in the local paper as well as a small ad in yellowpages. Yellow pages get me enquiries from commercial businesses and the local paper attracts domestic response. The best form of advertising is recommendation. Always do a good job and you'll never be out of work.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2007, 08:43:09 pm »
[Always do a good job and you'll never be out of work/i]

this is the biggest lie in bussiness.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

craigp

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2007, 08:47:15 pm »
Mike,

funny you say that, i just been saying the same on the TM forum. glad some one agrees.

*paul_moss

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2007, 09:08:45 pm »
Mike
Im not happy with the leaflet distribution as I have just change them. I was going to do quotes to villages where they should have had 4 leaflet drops last year to find the customer saying she has only ever had one leaflet.The new distributer has promised me back calls to ensure they are all going out.
In terms of the leaflet design, I use A4 black on pink leaflets,double sided,thse are my own design, which have been developed over the years from fast track,customer feed back and personal likings.
Prob like everybody else I tweek my leaflts every month or so.

Mike im on the laptop at the moment and my busines stuff is on th main comp,so will email you a few copies tomorrow ;)

Craig call you tomorrow

Paul
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

derikraven

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2007, 06:44:51 am »
Mike, can you explain your statement please

Mike Halliday

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2007, 09:32:26 am »
it really needs no explanation, this statement is said all the time, usually by people just starting up in business as a way to comfort themselves and give themselves hope.

if you rely on 'doing a good job' to keep  in work then you're in for a shock.

of course there are exceptions to the rule who have been working for donkeys years who can get bye without any form of creating new customers, but the majority of companies will fail if they think 'doing a good job' is all you need to do.

I know lots of carpet cleaners who have been complaining of no work over the last week, all of them do a good job

the biggest indication that this idea doesn't work is how many carpet cleaners ask on theses forums about getting more work from salesletter, leaflets & Yellow Pages etc..etc   I'm sure all of these carpet cleaners 'do a good job' so why do they to ask how to get more work?

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk