I am currently preparing my new vans
loading area to be ready for cc.
Shelves for chems etc.

Thanks
Simon.

Lewis Newby

Re: Your portable in Van
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 06:39:45 pm »
I have a shelf/partition housing a generator and it fits the machine between this and the wheel arch. I have some 2x1 on the floor creating a lip for the wheels to sit in to prevent too much movement. Cant upload a pic but post your email and il send it

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 06:45:31 pm »
Just use a ratchet strap and secure it to the bulkhead, don't over tighten it though !!! Good thing about there is that if you get rear ended ( which I did twice last year ) it escapes physical contact !

JandS

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 07:29:06 pm »
When I got my last porty I loaded it in the side door on its back on the wheels on the handle (Ninja) and shut the door.
I then climbed in the back and pushed the machine till the ground wheels where about 2 inches from the side door and one side flush with bulkhead.
Placed a piece of 3 x 2 flush to the handle inside the van and cut to fit between the handle wheels and screwed in place so that when I tilt machine and push into van on handle wheels it hits the 3 x 2 and stops.
Loose piece of 4 x 2 across bottom of side door and shut side door effectively trapping machine on 3 sides....top bottom and one side flush to bulkhead.
I've always carried machines on their back to reduce centre of gravity.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 10:28:07 pm »
Machinery especially should be securely strapped down.

Don't forget that if you hit something doing say 30 mph everything in the van will continue moving at 30 mph unless secured.
Mate of mine was killed when a fruit machine crushed him.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

mr muzzy

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 10:50:43 pm »
two bits of 2x 2 on plywood the width of the front wheels, stops them  moving,,bungee on the bottom handle. jobs a goodin  ;D

SimonW

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 10:53:27 pm »
Thanks guys. Firstly I though about ratchet strap and fit it to the corner near bulkhead.

any of you herd about shelves? I mean apart of making it yourself from example wood
you can get on market ready light metal shelves which you only attach on your side panel ????

stuart_clark

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 04:20:18 pm »
I have a LWB Citroen Dispatch, I load my Scorpion in the nearside side door , on the otherside I have two hose bags which jams in the machine, but just to be on the safe side I have a HD pungee cord wrapped around the machine across the bilkhead and its never ever been a problem

Stuart