derikraven

your views please
« on: July 24, 2013, 06:09:15 am »
The following is an advert in my local paper...........

DRY STEAM DEMON

Mobile cleaning using dry steam and no chemicals

Powerful environment friendly cleaning for homes and businesses

Touch dry instantly and completely dry in one hour

Indoor, carpets, upholstery ( including leather suites ) ovens.

Outdoor, cars, caravans, conservatories and pathways

call John on 01463 ******** for a free quote now

can you really clean a leather suite using steam????  thoughts please

gwrightson

Re: your views please
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 06:20:17 am »

Lots of materials you cannot clean with steam, ecspeialy when i comes to suites.

Many a suite i clean using cold water or foam.

Personaly ,i am not keen on the advert ,just my opinion , as for the local paper  :-\  just attract price seekers,
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

John Kelly

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 07:10:02 am »
Don't worry about it. Hundreds of these people about. Put it to the back of your mind and concentrate on your own business. Make it as succesful as possible and reap the rewards. Then you can have a little laugh to yourself when these ads pop up.

davep

clinton

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 08:15:31 am »
Hes just selling the sizzle and will get work.

Reinventing the wheel ;D

derek west

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 08:35:02 am »
sounds like he's been watching ideal world and bought himself a steamer. they are  brilliant and will clean anything, I've seen it ;D

ian harper

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 08:35:50 am »
derikraven

When buying media space you are limited to what you can say as the more you say the bigger the space and the more it will cost. so why not use a well proven marketing method. free recorded message, free guide, or promote your website will an incentive to make them visit.

Also some kind of offer. Two types of selling, one is to people that already are in the market for carpet cleaning and the second is people that will respond to an offer.

Good luck

Respects

Ian Harper

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 08:36:46 am »
Book him and video it discreetly, should be worth a laugh

JandS

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 09:09:07 am »
What's dry steam???... ???
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Craigp

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 09:26:26 am »
Why do you care?

I'm sure you have better things to occupy your mind, if not, find something better.

This is not to the OP, but too many c/c'ers spend to much time worrying about what the other guy is making, don't worry about them, worry about what your making.

As long as YOUR getting what YOU want thats ok.

Jeez one person on here once said he phoned almost every carpet cleaner in the UK 'for research' idiot.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 10:37:34 am »
I think research is a vital exercise for a newbie to undertake in order to gain an insight into what your competitors do, but only as a means to help develop their own USP. Too many carpet cleaners think that the only way to compete is to stand in the same field as all the other sheep hoping that they will get chosen (because they are cheaper) The essence of a USP is to stand in your own field where there is only one choice - you. The trap is to believe that because everyone else is competing on price and therefore say, £35 is the going rate for a lounge carpet that the only way to compete is to charge £33. In other words your competitors are dictating how much you can earn. A well thought out USP, born of good research and the vision to realise that you need to market your service in a way that is unique to you, will put you in a position where you couldn't care less what other people are doing (or charging) and that all starts with research.

Simon

derikraven

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 05:51:37 pm »
derikraven

When buying media space you are limited to what you can say as the more you say the bigger the space and the more it will cost. so why not use a well proven marketing method. free recorded message, free guide, or promote your website will an incentive to make them visit.

Also some kind of offer. Two types of selling, one is to people that already are in the market for carpet cleaning and the second is people that will respond to an offer.

Good luck

Respects

Ian Harper

don't understand this post

derikraven

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 06:05:09 pm »
To Simon Gerrard..............................I've been cleaning carpets since 1970 so I'm no newbie. To others, I'm not the slightest bit worried about a man who claims to steam clean leather suites.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 06:17:10 pm »
A repeat customer of mine was going to call me to clean her Dralon Suite, just before Christmas a few years ago.
She never made the call because her son persuaded her to use his mate, who had recently set up his own cleaning business.
She did however call me in the new year to see if I could rescue her suite.
Unfortunately there was nothing I could do it was ruined. The mate had used a pure steam system that had partially melted the Acrylic fibre and re-set the pile in all directions, it was a real mess.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

wynne jones

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 06:58:04 pm »
My views are you are wasting mental energy which could be put to better use.

Oh and dry stream dries quicker.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Simon Gerrard

Paul Moss

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 10:07:28 pm »
A repeat customer of mine was going to call me to clean her Dralon Suite, just before Christmas a few years ago.
She never made the call because her son persuaded her to use his mate, who had recently set up his own cleaning business.
She did however call me in the new year to see if I could rescue her suite.
Unfortunately there was nothing I could do it was ruined. The mate had used a pure steam system that had partially melted the Acrylic fibre and re-set the pile in all directions, it was a real mess.
Dave.

;D seen this a couple of times by numptys ;D

jim mca

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 12:18:12 am »
Dry steam demon is a franchise never mind cleaning leather I would love to see it clean a oven