mark turton

your technic re running hose?
« on: May 27, 2013, 11:05:08 pm »
hi guys wondered if you could help.
recently gone from a walk behind to a airflex porty.

bought second hand and find that vac hoses and especially solution hose curl like bugger. so when trailing into house can be a real task getting them to run right without flicking about wacking radiators etc (hope you know what i mean)

in addition whats the best way to tie hoses upstairs to stair bannister when they are a solid infill with no rails? (to prevent the hoses dragging back downstairs)

(currently i miss having the porty within site (run from van with new system as a little heavy to be humping it about) (gerrards words about going tm haunt me as i feel running a porty from van, i may as well have gone tm).)

any advice will be seriously appreciated it seems the more i know about carpet cleaning and ,machines the less i know, really is a lot to get to get to grips with.

Carpet Dawg

Re: your technic re running hose?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 11:32:29 pm »
I take it you have 2inch hoses? yip, they are a pain in the arse. You'll get a wee bit used to it the more you use them.

You can buy Velcro straps from a good supplier to tie your hoses to railings on the staircase.

Last time I mentioned Velcro straps on here, a couple of so called £100 per hour cleaners said £3 for Velcro straps is a rip off!   :D So you can also use shoelace to tie the hoses if you prefer.

Make sure you unwind all hoses, removing all kinks and tangles before using the machine. Will make life easier.

mark turton

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 07:49:53 am »
I take it you have 2inch hoses? yip, they are a pain in the arse. You'll get a wee bit used to it the more you use them.  yes 2 inch hoses
i take it 1 half inch hose is easier?

You can buy Velcro straps from a good supplier to tie your hoses to railings on the staircase. if no railings then the top of the newl post (stair post)?

Make sure you unwind all hoses, removing all kinks and tangles before using the machine. Will make life easier. - is it fair to say that if the hoses are older and not been stored on a spool, i might be better getting new hoses, as despite uncurling etc they spring back into thier curled and knotted former position., your right real pain.

peter maybury

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 09:35:48 am »
Most people do not know how to coil hoses or cable and the popular method is to wrap them aroung your arm , putting a twist in each turn. This makes a mess of them and awkward to manage. http://www.youtube.csom/watch?v=3j1Wdc-ymbI.
Peter