emmaedj

zap it & zip it from one step
« on: December 28, 2005, 08:41:22 pm »
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with zap it or zip it from one step??  i am looking for a good all round stain/spot remover ready to use. currently using stain pro from prochem which is excellent but just wondered if anyone has any other suggestions

Ed

CARPET KNIGHTS

Re: zap it & zip it from one step
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 09:03:32 pm »
Hi Ed

Solutions UK do very good products and their customer care is second to none

Cheers Goron

emmaedj

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 09:05:38 pm »
Thats great, thanks Gordon, do you have a website address?

Ed

John_Flynn

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 09:44:28 pm »
Her Norman

What commision are you on???
I get better looking each day!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 10:03:11 pm »
Have to say no! But do know a friend who gives out spotters mutipro very diluted. ;D

So the war is on again! It funny I used nbr 3 to no avail then pog problem gone, what can I say!

John

Could not have put it better!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

John_Flynn

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 10:19:22 pm »
Happy New Year Len.

As you know I mean what I say and say what I mean!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 10:56:03 pm »
John

Same too you and the family regards.

Wave length, seems some are total believers, bit like religion methinks would like to say have all the answers.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 11:50:55 pm »
Len as usual you speak poo.

Not religeous or anything else just like being treated right by companies that i buy from. If i like something i'll spread the word. Pure and simple.

If you have something to say, say it straight thats what i believe and that "so you say" is how you are! Hmm

Cheers Goron

John_Flynn

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 12:23:18 am »
Hang on a minute Norman, it was me NOT mi mate Len, poor old lad, hi gets enough stick wiart getting on at him for summat hi ant sed!!!

therapist

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 08:44:55 am »
We probably all have our favourite products and suppliers and can relate to the excellent, good, or otherwise service received.

But !

Simply because someone is particularly good - or aggressive - at marketing, does'nt make their product range better than, others.
If you have been in any business for a while, you will recognise " the new kid on the block ' when they appear, as they do with regularity, usually accompanied by the maximum publicity they are able to generate and in business terms, there is nothing wrong in that, in fact, it should be admired.

But !

This is an open forum,  where supposedly likeminded people discuss their problems, successes, ideas, etc, hopefully to the advantage of all.

The forum is provided by a business within the cleaning industry, who could be forgiven for exploiting his position..................but he does not do so and is respected for this.

Some people will always ' follow the latest trend ' and either gain from doing so, or maybe not, while others will keep an open mind and try new products when they appear, or just enquire about other peoples experience.  Others ,still, will find a supplier and stick with then through thick and thin, possibly limiting themselves, by doing so.
IT'S THEIR CHOICE.

There will always be people who will shout loudly about how wonderful they are and how well they are doing, usually, because they feel a need to justify their decisions to invest time and money.

Others will get on with providing customers with professional services and value for money, ensuring repeat business and growth through quality and reputation.

Last bit of waffling for 2005 from me.

Have a good life and thanks to Mike Boxall for providing this talking shop.

robert m

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 01:14:32 am »
Goron

Very well thanks, hope you and family are well.

May be so! but I was only opening the questions of spotters Have a word with your mentor re It funny I used nbr 3 to no avail then pog problem gone, what can I say! By the way it could have been vice versa but it wasn’t this time

For info I always get very good service from all, am bit of a black prince and they know it! that includes Ashby’s and yes I pop at them or at least one, never a knight in shining armour unless it’s a customer but it’s my money I’m spending not there’s! By the way I did once and was band now a rethink so I believe? Think of me as Achilles with out the heal, or as the Riddler or both I can live with! Word of advice care in promoting others, sorry another Riddle but People talk not about others but problems are you on the wave length!

The cleaning products I use in my opinion are the best and don’t come from not one stable (know! some one got uptight to me posting about a new local company selling Chemspec products cant see why as a blue eyed boy only use this product saved him going to Croydon)

Had a few bible pushers around today wife told them where to go! I spent 1½ chasing round to find them to see if they had a local mag and how much to advertise why not spread the word mine that is! Or am I’m a philistine

Len

scott.

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2005, 06:45:21 am »
Ed
Dunno where you are...but I found solutions delivery costs a bit heafty :o......god...I'm gonna get slated by nick now aint I :'(

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 09:47:06 am »
Hi Len and Goron

Now now boys  ;D  ;D  ;D Happy new year and all

Yes delivery is heafty as with most but it is free if you spend over a so much

I have never tried Zap it but I will now  ;)

Regards Gav

Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2005, 10:23:03 am »
Len

Did not mean that i was suggesting that you were wrong about pog, what i was saying is that you are trying to say that i am some kind of disciple. As you know i do have two carpet cleaner supply companies local to me, main dealers not distributors. I do use products from both but i do have a preference. I am not tied to any individual supplier. I go to them because i am pleased with them and because of that i will spread the word. I am not on payroll with any company other than my own and have nothing to gain from mentioning these companies. They treat me well i treat them well.

Cheers Goron

Doug Holloway

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2005, 12:05:27 pm »
Hi Guys,

To answer Eds question Zip It and Zap It are both from One Step a supplier of microspitters.

They can be bought from local distributors .

I am a great believer in buying locally as this way you build a relationship with your supplier which results in referrals and a better / friendlier service.

It is also cheaper and doesn't require you to buy half a tonne ::) to get free delivery.

Cheers

Doug

Derek

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2005, 12:34:25 pm »
Hear Hear Doug... I do exactly the same and negotiate a good discount into the bargain

Derek

therapist

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2005, 07:32:41 pm »
Doug, seem to remember someone refering to you as a chemist, or at least knowledgable of the sciences.

I had a weird experience with one of the Texatherm products, which I sometimes use as a prespray.

I'd left the product in the sprayer, in my van and there was an unexpected and pretty severe frost.

Two days later I used the product, as I usually do, followed by hot water extraction and the result was absolutely amazing.

Do you think there might be some scientific explanation for the apparent change in the product.

If so, this could be very interesting.

rob m

Len Gribble

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2005, 09:58:24 pm »
Doug

So am I But??

Derek

Now it’s over you or Steve’s C discount locally? Am sure my mate dose not fibs!

For info in my new local Jan shop he needs to order min £750 for free delivery, he swallowed it for my business plus a discount on products he made out of it I’m sure!

Gav

The rabbet has risen got you on toast tomorrow joke being a ¼ Taff have a nice one.

Goron

A disciple means what? and have nothing to gain from mentioning these companies. Have to ask and who are they and the product they supply and you use? Looking at Gillette at this moment a tip from a friend 

Rob

Had the same experience not with that product but it worked customer happy end of story.

Len

Doug Holloway

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2005, 08:11:59 am »
Rob,

I worked as and Industrial chemist/tech manager for about 8 years mainly in resins,plastics,adhesives,rubbers etc but that was many moons ago and chemistry is a vast subject so  I don't have all the answers.

What I do try to do is look at things from a scientific point of view and ignore all the marketing hype/jesus in a bottle nonsense.

Good science is based on real life results and often works backwards from results.

What I mean by this is that you appear to have found a product whose effectiveness is enhanced by freezing /very low temps.

What I would do now is to try to repeat these results , you can always use your freezer, to see if there is an improvment.

If so you can then try to work out why this improvement is occurring.

The best fire retardancy I achieved was from a product which wasn't put in there to do that , but the results,  purely by luck astounded me.

Cheers

Doug

Derek

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2005, 09:04:26 am »
Len

My supplier also has a complete range of products by other well known Companies and I purchase them at the same discounted rate.
This arrangement was before tey took on a One-Step distributorship.

Derek

therapist

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2005, 10:07:36 am »
Doug

Interesting perspective and similar to my own thinking. Could never be a sheep and follow the 'crowd ', but...........I think I've had a much more interesting and rewarding life as a result.

happy days

rob m

Len Gribble

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2006, 09:31:56 pm »
Derek

Will be checking this out, perhaps he is being sold short and can’t pass on discounts. Is there a booklet/web site giving the rrp to these products? Others do! not that I look at them I trust him!

Rob

We follow up to a point then life begins again! till the next time! Got a bunson burner for sale must be worth something my old school no longer there! I declined the halo just for the record!

Len