rs_cleancare

Your services on e-bay
« on: November 26, 2005, 05:36:10 pm »
I am noticing more and more people offering there carpet cleaning services on e bay. I was wondering if anyone is booking any jobs from there advert.
Also noticed there are a lot of people charging very little for there proffesional services.
I would like to think that this type of advertising is worth ago but dont want to sell myself cheap and also cheapen the whole industry. I think if we keep our prices reasonable charge a fair price to make a good living then hopefully we can change the way people think towards our industry.

Rob.

neil 47

Re: Your services on e-bay
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 05:54:18 pm »
just because it looks like they are charging cheap doesn’t mean they are .
Example; I went to a 1 bed flat today bedroom, lounge, hsl if I had charged £ 20 a carpet you would think it was cheap, but that works out at £60 did a couple of mats     = £80  2 hours work .
 bed took up 1 room ,2x two seaters half the living room .
it,s all in the mind, its just a way of getting the phone to ring you know marketing

Neil    8)

ps you,d be suprised what some of the cc on hear charge they say one thing but do another dont belive the hype ;)
IICRC

martin19842

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 06:34:27 pm »
hi there,

i have always preached the philosophy of selling up, and not to devalue the service that you offer.,  irrespective of the service that you offer.

You market your services at the price level you are comfortable with, you know what your costs are!!  and you also know what your daily value is!!

and from that you can determine the charging level for your marketing.

you can always, offer a client a discount if they cringe at the price.

have you ever tried to negotaite the price up for the same amount of work.???

i would suggest its easier to start high, and come down

rather than start low and try to neg. up.

its only an opinion.

regards

martin

Adrian Makel

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 06:54:49 pm »
all that is well and good,but to refer to original post.HAS ANYONE RECEIVED ANY CALLS FROM THESE ADDS PLACED ON E-BAY.also agree strongly with neil 47,i know for a fact a lot of cc`s on here don`t charge what they say they do. ;D

cleansmartsupplies

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 07:23:19 pm »
I've never tried advertising carpet cleaning on Ebay - so this is just an opinion - but doesn't the very nature of Ebay mean that the people who go on it are looking for a bargain? i.e. price shoppers?

Has anyone tried this - if so, what sort of people are bidding?

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 09:08:48 pm »
I think if  a professional CC has to resort to advertising his services on ebay,then he must be a little desperate to obtain work.
If I were a customer looking to have my carpets cleaned,I would not be looking on ebay-John

the red carpet

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 10:48:56 pm »
BEEN ON THERE NEARLY 2 WEEKS NOT 1 CALL YET BUT ITS SO CHEAP WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOOSE

rs_cleancare

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 12:01:31 pm »
Proberly the sort of people you atract with e-bay is somone looking to buy a carpet cleaning machine then noticing your services and thinking ooo thats cheap i will give him a call and save myself the hastle.
I can't see people looking for a carpet cleaning company on e-bay. The first thing most people do is pick up the yellow pages.
Still it's cheap advertising and if it brings in a job then your onto a winner.
Rob.

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 04:55:55 pm »
Anyone we know? ::)
At those extortionate prices he must surely be providing a professional service,how can he justify charging so much,just to clean a few carpets?
John
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Carpet-Cleaning_W0QQitemZ4420846457QQcategoryZ43526QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

countyview

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 05:30:56 pm »
We have a price list made up into catagories so we can quote over the phone, if when we get to a job its out we advise before we start the work but so far we have never been out and save a fortune in time and petrol going out to do quotes. We have 4 catagories, 2 bedroom or less, 3 bedroom, 4 bedrooms, 5 bedrooms or more. In most cases these rules work and in each catagory we list all rooms and thier prices e.g Bedroom, Bathrrom, Hall, Study, etc etc. Sometimes the bedroom for example is bigger than what we quoted but another room is smaller than we expected so it balances out. I recently saw a company advertising for Bedford stating they would do 3 rooms for £60 thier normal price was £59 per room. I do not see how you can justify charging this, fair play if you get away with it, but most of my customers wouldn't pay that. Are most of you guys using trucjk mounts ot portables as some of you have said you spend a long time at houses. By the way we are not a "soak and scarper" company we hoover and presparay and ceodourise as part of the service and only charge extra for protector.