M.Acorn

Re: Your thoughts on this
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 02:44:01 pm »
2008 08 Reg CITROEN BERLINGO 1560 cc 1.6HDi 600Kg LX
2008 08 RegCITROEN BERLINGO 1560 cc 1.6HDi 600Kg LX Manual, Car Derived Van, Diesel, 50,000 miles, White, ABS, Air bags, Bulkhead (full), CD Player, Central locking, Door - LHSD, Electric mirrors, Electric
...more

* Year: 2008
    * Fuel Type: Diesel
    * Transmission: Manual
    * Body Type: Car Derived Van
    * Colour: White
    * Mileage: 50000 miles
    * Price: £4,750 Plus VAT

Like this Clinton ?
What goes around comes around

clinton

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 02:47:08 pm »
Sorry mark i meant the one up from this the dispatch also its nicley in the garage lol just ;D

Joe H

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 02:50:09 pm »
The Citroen Berlingo/Peugoet Partner is a good van Mark, but probably too small for what you need (or maybe not).
Up from that is the Citroen Dispatch/Peugoet Expert/Fiat Scudo. Even the "older" version would be a good van and carry a lot in terms of volume and weight.

Unless you going truckmount you probably wont need the Tranist size van - and in that I class the Vivaro/Renault Trafic/Nissan Primaster type van as well.

M.Acorn

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 04:25:10 pm »
That`s the thing Joe,i am looking at the next 5 years here,i want to upgrade in that time,also need to add tile and grout,so will need a buffer,and extra associated items,so will mean extra space required,it`s a trade off between paying for space not needed now,for space i will need in the future,would like to be able to get a new van in 5 years

clinton

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 05:24:55 pm »
Go for the exstra space mark now.

Go and get a good vehicle and pay more  as like in our game you do get what you pay for mate..

M.Acorn

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 11:19:47 am »
Good news and bad news as always !!

Been accepted for finance for the new one,will be going to see it on Thursday,after it`s had a full Valet.
He will give me 3 thou mile warranty,which he said he will honour.

Just need to scrape a grand together for the deposit,it`s going to be a real balancing act if i am honest,just put the old van on e bay,and have had someone ask me to end auction already,they are still sought after,so it should go ,and will hopefully get something for it....

Paul Heath

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 12:16:09 pm »
Well done...the dosh will turn up...sure its not 3 months warrenty, which is the normal

M.Acorn

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 12:39:10 pm »
Yeah it`s 3 months or 3 thou mile warranty,i have money outstanding nearly £700,have about £300 worth of work this week,which i may need to hire a van for,not rushing into this purchase,like the last one.
Have overdraft available,but i don`t like using that unless it`s an emergency,it`s just going to be a balancing act that`s all

jasonl

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 01:05:40 pm »
A dealer has to give a 3 month warranty by law.

You can easily buy  a warranty online , warrantywise are good ,and you can pay monthly.

Like I said before ,, why not save at least a grand ,, go to a van auction , buy a van with a bank loan , and sort the warranty yourself.

Any van can break at any time ,, a friend in chemdry has an 08 plate transit , he has spent 3k last year on out of warranty repairs and he only has 35k on the clock , mine has 5 times his mileage and I have spent under 500 on mine, they do rot though after 6 0r 7 years they need welding.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

M.Acorn

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 01:39:53 pm »
Because i already have 2 grands worth of bank loan outstanding on this one,once it`s all up and running i will consolidate the loan and hp,into one big loan.then just have to bite the bullet and write it off against my next tax bill

M.Acorn

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 04:44:50 pm »
I have done it,went and had a test drive of the transit and the vivaro,tran has 103 thou on the clock,but no history,and felt really agricultural ,vivaro was in a different class,nice to drive 51 thou miles,full history,inc cam belt less than 10 thou ago,back is all racked out,not a mark on it,full new mot,being serviced in the morning,ready for me to collect at lunchtime..
That`s it now,hopefully will have a few years trouble free motoring out of it,will be bankrupt if anything goes wrong.
Sign written next,then sort out what racking and storage i will keep in the back,looking forward to finding places to store all my equipment  ;D

clinton

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 08:03:00 pm »
Wise choice mark if your going for a used vehicle with the service history and least you know its been looked after.

Good luck

M.Acorn

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 08:16:06 pm »
Will get some pics up over the weekend..

jasonl

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 08:44:18 pm »
Nice one , hope you enjoy it , they are good on fuel too!
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

M.Acorn

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 09:30:19 pm »
Yeah he did say they were pretty good on fuel,will be even better when i take the roof rack off,i was doing nearly 80 when he said you do know your supposed to drive 10mph below the speed limit in this weight of van !!  Er no i didn`t,going to have to watch my right foot,as it get`s there very quickly,and i was going easy.
The transit was just gutless,didn`t feel like it had a turbo on it

Griffus

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 09:18:33 pm »
We've a 2005 Vivaro and a 2005 Dispatch. Both great but if I had to choose it would be the Vivaro but only because it's pokier and suits our needs more.

Both great vans.

M.Acorn

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2011, 09:41:41 am »
Nearly went very wrong yesterday,the last thing the dealer said was make sure you separate the 2 keys,as the back and side doors lock themselves automatically.

So got home,loaded all my gear up,and got to my job,unloaded the van,put the keys down on the floor.
Started moving stuff into the house shut the door,heard a click,ah where are my keys ?
Oh damm,managed to lock them in the back,tried opening and closing the cab doors,nothing,tried the button on the dash,which Brit gas disconnect.
Called the dealer,it`s not looking good mate,he was calling people,while i called my insurance to see if they could send out my breakdown people,not covered.
Called a lock smith ,who basically said no chance,cant even drill out the barrels as it has dead locks on it.Dealer called me back after i had called main dealers,who had said only way is to make another key,possible weeks wait...
No idea where fuses are,to see if Brit gas just remove fuse from locking button on the dash.turns out it`s all been removed,as a security feature..
So my only option was to take out the passenger seat and cut through the bulkhead with my disk cutter,but there are racks on the other side,and a load of cables,so dealer measured on another van where i needed to cut through.

So got my job done,then customer gave me a lift home to get my tools and a cutter,knocked £20 off his bill.
Got back to van,sat in cab,leaned over pass seat and opened pass door,and heard a click,thank christ for that,got in and saw my keys on the floor,phew that was close..

Very happy i didn`t have to cut through,was a very stressful afternoon,bloke i was working for was great,and is going to give me a good write up on the village forum,also said he would do me very good leaflet delivery rates,as he works for the village mag  ;D

On the plus side my wife took me out for a slap up dinner too celebrate,will get some pics up later,my gear just looks lost in the back,so much room,will be using most of the racking i think,side shelves are big enough to carry all my 5ltr chem containers,loads of ratchet straps etc,think it was also fitted with a diesel heater at one point,as there are loads of printed instruction sheets everywhere 

M.Acorn

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2011, 10:16:48 am »
Here are the pics

jasonl

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2011, 10:41:09 am »
Looks a tidy tool that , signwritten up will be the business.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Paolo

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2011, 02:27:17 pm »
Great looking van.

Good turn of pace, reasonably quiet but they do like to drop gearboxes.