M.Acorn

Your thoughts on this
« on: January 01, 2011, 10:59:36 am »
Can`t decide if i am going transit or this,quite like the look of it,racking in the back,don`t know anything about these vans

2004 54 Reg VAUXHALL VIVARO 2900 DTI SWB 1870 cc 1.9 TURBO DIESEL 100 BHP A/C

Manual, Panel Van, Diesel, 56,000 miles, Blue, ABS, Air bags, Air Conditioning, Bulkhead (full), Central locking, Door - LHSD, Dual passenger seat, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, FSH, Immobiliser, Load Liner, Power steering, Roof rack. 3 Seats, SWB, GVW 2900kg, RHD, BEAT THE VAT INCREASE BUY NOW, DIRECT FROM BRITISH GAS, FULL SERVICE HISTORY, REAR RACKING AND ROOFRACK

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/uvl/popup.jsp?currentaction=searchresults&e2w=93051&searched_channel=COMM&sort=5&did=93051&partner=TMG&postcode=cb214nn&max_records=200&configfile=http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/dealers/93051/93051_config.xml&dropdowntype=uvl&e2w=93051&miles=1500&csslocation=http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/dealers/93051/93051&id=201051375674570&distance=0
What goes around comes around

robert meldrum

Re: Your thoughts on this
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 11:10:46 am »
Mark

Take a look at the Items for Sale section scroll down to the James Holt advert and change your life !

andi wilson

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 11:24:20 am »
Mark, these are cracking vans... Quick , quiet, comfortable, car like and  good on fuel.. What I would say though, is that they are fragile..! I have had mine for 3 years and love it..

Transit is made from granite and will last forever, but I think they are quite agricultural and noisy. Going by your luck, it maybe better to go for the Transit....
;D

Best of luck with your choice

M.Acorn

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 11:39:38 am »
The only thing putting me off the transit,is the floor gear change,and not dash mounted change,i have heard that when they get a bit worn,selecting gears can be a bit hit and miss,think they changed to a TDCI with dash change in year 06,but can`t stretch to the extra ££ For that...

Take a look at the Items for Sale section scroll down to the James Holt advert and change your life

Won`t be able to do hp on that though will i

Paul Heath

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 05:01:38 pm »
Looks a nice van....ex gas or something, which could go in its favour as it would have been serviced/repaired correctly. They have suffered from gearbox problems, but if they through in 12 months warrenty be well worth a punt.
I have had mine 3 years and it has not missed a beat or let me down and still get approx 30 to the gallon.
Best of luck with your choice.

Matt Seymour

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 05:14:18 pm »
I wouldn't touch a Transit with a 10ft bargepole. I don't know about the latest incarnation of the Transit, but past models have always been unbelievably prone to rust.

The new one might be a great van for all I know, but I've driven (and sold) plenty of them in the past and they rot very quickly.

M.Acorn

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 05:17:30 pm »
Yeah it`s got half the miles on it that the tranny has,for around the same money,have been looking on the forums,and some of them suffer from electrical problems,with sensors and ecu,i know this was also the case with my wife`s Corsa.

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 06:51:40 pm »
I wouldn't touch a Transit with a 10ft bargepole. I

Horses for courses really.
I'm on my 3rd Transit and yes rust can be a problem after some years
but you have to cover all aspects and reliability is a major factor compared to other makes.

Matt Seymour

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 07:04:00 pm »
I agree. A new Transit is a great van, nice to drive and does the job. As you say, once they are a few years old the bodywork starts falling to bits.

I used to work for a company that sold commercial vehicles a few years back and compared to every other van with a bit of age to it, the Transits were always in the worst condition and struggled the most to get through the MOT.

craig melvin

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 06:44:47 pm »
Just bought a vivaro 3 weeks ago for the wife. A great little van ! very nippy, good on fuel 30mpg around town and 40 + on the motorway. Theres loads around so they must be a good van!

it came with roofrack and towbar - real bonus ! plus electrics mirrors and windows oh and aircon.

well pleased!

good luck with your decision.

Craig

spencer davies

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 06:49:12 pm »
Had one brand new a few years ago on a 53 plate, fine up until 55,000 then new gearbox, engine management system and a
host of other annoying expensive repairs, outed it in favour of VW and Merc, best decision for me, gearbox a well known prob with these
vans

S

M.Acorn

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 08:34:42 pm »
Yeah i forked out over £700 on a gear box for the caddy,will not be buying either without a warranty this time,been annoying as the place with the vans is shut until Tue.
There is a Vw main dealer down the road from me,but after the caddy van i have been put off a bit..

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 12:17:47 am »
This is an intresting thread as I am currently looking for a new van too! Fancy a transit and found a few near me on autotrader, I better get the finger out before I start getting busy again lol

Tony

Mark_Jubb

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 02:04:20 am »
I've had a VW Transporter for just over 7 years, now got 120,000 on the clock, been serviced every 10,000 miles and apart from usual wear items such as Tyres, Exhaust, Discs & Pads, the only other things to have been replaced are 2 Rear Road Springs and a single injector nozzle. I'm currently on the lookout for another, but want one with 2 side loading doors (very rare 2nd hand by the look of things)
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire

M.Acorn

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 10:07:15 am »
I better get the finger out before I start getting busy again lol

Yeah i have a job booked in the morning,which i am going to have to postpone,only a lounge,but i am grateful of everything at the moment...

Matt Lindus

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 12:02:38 pm »
Hi Mark,

I would avoid Transits for one reason only, the body work rusts and rots very quickly. Even 1yr old transits can show signs of rust.
If you can put up with poor body work, a transit is a great reliable work tool.

The Vauxhall you have shown would be my choice.

M.Acorn

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 12:23:25 pm »
Yeah I am steering towards the Vauxhall at the moment,mainly for the fact that is has done half the miles the tranny has done,i have to look at this as an investment over 5 years,but then saying that i have spent nigh on 3 grand since last November on the caddy,inc the cost of purchase,will come out of my next tax bill,might even get my accountant to put something together for my current bill,to reduce it,will see how it goes,i am getting painfully close to the limit though,and it`s going to be a balancing act

derek west

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 01:17:08 pm »
what you need mark is an 08 reg renault trafic sport in silver, LWB with only 26k on the clock.
this one looks good, make an offer ;D

M.Acorn

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 01:24:44 pm »
Nice,but out of my league

clinton

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 01:50:29 pm »
How about a citreon dispatch like i have got mark? Great van and also depends how you look after the vehicle and service it too,all m,akes have so called problems without regular servicing.

M.Acorn

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 02:44:01 pm »
2008 08 Reg CITROEN BERLINGO 1560 cc 1.6HDi 600Kg LX
2008 08 RegCITROEN BERLINGO 1560 cc 1.6HDi 600Kg LX Manual, Car Derived Van, Diesel, 50,000 miles, White, ABS, Air bags, Bulkhead (full), CD Player, Central locking, Door - LHSD, Electric mirrors, Electric
...more

* Year: 2008
    * Fuel Type: Diesel
    * Transmission: Manual
    * Body Type: Car Derived Van
    * Colour: White
    * Mileage: 50000 miles
    * Price: £4,750 Plus VAT

Like this Clinton ?

clinton

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 02:47:08 pm »
Sorry mark i meant the one up from this the dispatch also its nicley in the garage lol just ;D

Joe H

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 02:50:09 pm »
The Citroen Berlingo/Peugoet Partner is a good van Mark, but probably too small for what you need (or maybe not).
Up from that is the Citroen Dispatch/Peugoet Expert/Fiat Scudo. Even the "older" version would be a good van and carry a lot in terms of volume and weight.

Unless you going truckmount you probably wont need the Tranist size van - and in that I class the Vivaro/Renault Trafic/Nissan Primaster type van as well.

M.Acorn

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 04:25:10 pm »
That`s the thing Joe,i am looking at the next 5 years here,i want to upgrade in that time,also need to add tile and grout,so will need a buffer,and extra associated items,so will mean extra space required,it`s a trade off between paying for space not needed now,for space i will need in the future,would like to be able to get a new van in 5 years

clinton

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 05:24:55 pm »
Go for the exstra space mark now.

Go and get a good vehicle and pay more  as like in our game you do get what you pay for mate..

M.Acorn

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 11:19:47 am »
Good news and bad news as always !!

Been accepted for finance for the new one,will be going to see it on Thursday,after it`s had a full Valet.
He will give me 3 thou mile warranty,which he said he will honour.

Just need to scrape a grand together for the deposit,it`s going to be a real balancing act if i am honest,just put the old van on e bay,and have had someone ask me to end auction already,they are still sought after,so it should go ,and will hopefully get something for it....

Paul Heath

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 12:16:09 pm »
Well done...the dosh will turn up...sure its not 3 months warrenty, which is the normal

M.Acorn

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 12:39:10 pm »
Yeah it`s 3 months or 3 thou mile warranty,i have money outstanding nearly £700,have about £300 worth of work this week,which i may need to hire a van for,not rushing into this purchase,like the last one.
Have overdraft available,but i don`t like using that unless it`s an emergency,it`s just going to be a balancing act that`s all

jasonl

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 01:05:40 pm »
A dealer has to give a 3 month warranty by law.

You can easily buy  a warranty online , warrantywise are good ,and you can pay monthly.

Like I said before ,, why not save at least a grand ,, go to a van auction , buy a van with a bank loan , and sort the warranty yourself.

Any van can break at any time ,, a friend in chemdry has an 08 plate transit , he has spent 3k last year on out of warranty repairs and he only has 35k on the clock , mine has 5 times his mileage and I have spent under 500 on mine, they do rot though after 6 0r 7 years they need welding.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

M.Acorn

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 01:39:53 pm »
Because i already have 2 grands worth of bank loan outstanding on this one,once it`s all up and running i will consolidate the loan and hp,into one big loan.then just have to bite the bullet and write it off against my next tax bill

M.Acorn

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 04:44:50 pm »
I have done it,went and had a test drive of the transit and the vivaro,tran has 103 thou on the clock,but no history,and felt really agricultural ,vivaro was in a different class,nice to drive 51 thou miles,full history,inc cam belt less than 10 thou ago,back is all racked out,not a mark on it,full new mot,being serviced in the morning,ready for me to collect at lunchtime..
That`s it now,hopefully will have a few years trouble free motoring out of it,will be bankrupt if anything goes wrong.
Sign written next,then sort out what racking and storage i will keep in the back,looking forward to finding places to store all my equipment  ;D

clinton

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 08:03:00 pm »
Wise choice mark if your going for a used vehicle with the service history and least you know its been looked after.

Good luck

M.Acorn

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 08:16:06 pm »
Will get some pics up over the weekend..

jasonl

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 08:44:18 pm »
Nice one , hope you enjoy it , they are good on fuel too!
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

M.Acorn

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 09:30:19 pm »
Yeah he did say they were pretty good on fuel,will be even better when i take the roof rack off,i was doing nearly 80 when he said you do know your supposed to drive 10mph below the speed limit in this weight of van !!  Er no i didn`t,going to have to watch my right foot,as it get`s there very quickly,and i was going easy.
The transit was just gutless,didn`t feel like it had a turbo on it

Griffus

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 09:18:33 pm »
We've a 2005 Vivaro and a 2005 Dispatch. Both great but if I had to choose it would be the Vivaro but only because it's pokier and suits our needs more.

Both great vans.

M.Acorn

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2011, 09:41:41 am »
Nearly went very wrong yesterday,the last thing the dealer said was make sure you separate the 2 keys,as the back and side doors lock themselves automatically.

So got home,loaded all my gear up,and got to my job,unloaded the van,put the keys down on the floor.
Started moving stuff into the house shut the door,heard a click,ah where are my keys ?
Oh damm,managed to lock them in the back,tried opening and closing the cab doors,nothing,tried the button on the dash,which Brit gas disconnect.
Called the dealer,it`s not looking good mate,he was calling people,while i called my insurance to see if they could send out my breakdown people,not covered.
Called a lock smith ,who basically said no chance,cant even drill out the barrels as it has dead locks on it.Dealer called me back after i had called main dealers,who had said only way is to make another key,possible weeks wait...
No idea where fuses are,to see if Brit gas just remove fuse from locking button on the dash.turns out it`s all been removed,as a security feature..
So my only option was to take out the passenger seat and cut through the bulkhead with my disk cutter,but there are racks on the other side,and a load of cables,so dealer measured on another van where i needed to cut through.

So got my job done,then customer gave me a lift home to get my tools and a cutter,knocked £20 off his bill.
Got back to van,sat in cab,leaned over pass seat and opened pass door,and heard a click,thank christ for that,got in and saw my keys on the floor,phew that was close..

Very happy i didn`t have to cut through,was a very stressful afternoon,bloke i was working for was great,and is going to give me a good write up on the village forum,also said he would do me very good leaflet delivery rates,as he works for the village mag  ;D

On the plus side my wife took me out for a slap up dinner too celebrate,will get some pics up later,my gear just looks lost in the back,so much room,will be using most of the racking i think,side shelves are big enough to carry all my 5ltr chem containers,loads of ratchet straps etc,think it was also fitted with a diesel heater at one point,as there are loads of printed instruction sheets everywhere 

M.Acorn

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2011, 10:16:48 am »
Here are the pics

jasonl

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2011, 10:41:09 am »
Looks a tidy tool that , signwritten up will be the business.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Paolo

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2011, 02:27:17 pm »
Great looking van.

Good turn of pace, reasonably quiet but they do like to drop gearboxes.

jasonl

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2011, 02:35:59 pm »
Great looking van.

Good turn of pace, reasonably quiet but they do like to drop gearboxes.

Shhhh ! you are spoiling the story
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

clinton

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2011, 02:59:13 pm »
Looks good mark and you will feel more professional and also the client will when you pull on there drive ;)

Hey maybe start using the set up from your van and get a water tank ;D

Get the new van on your website too mate.

M.Acorn

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2011, 03:29:25 pm »
Yeah website is my next upgrade,bloke i cleaned for does it for a living,and was having a good chat about it with him yesterday,so it`s on the cards.
Don`t talk about gear boxes going please,i have done some research on this before i bought it,clutch cost over £1200 to do,box you looking at around a grand off e bay,but then it`s the same situ that i faced with the last one,either get 2nd hand,and possibly see that going also,or pay premium for a recon one..
Everything has it`s strong points and it`s weaknesses,just hoping i will get a few years trouble free motoring out of this one,i am going to treat it like a baby

Joe H

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2011, 05:38:40 pm »
"i am going to treat it like a baby"

how long before you have it going round corners on 2 wheels????  ;D

they a nice looking van though.

M.Acorn

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2011, 06:32:04 pm »
To be honest Joe,i am not used to not being able to see through the body,don`t like not having a back window,and i have never owned anything as big and van like,so it`s going to take a bit of getting used to.
It`s very unlike a diesel though,very responsive,and easy to creep above the limit without noticing.
Found loads of drill bit`s in the storage bins today,whoever emptied it didn`t do a very good job,which is fine by me,how much are diamond tip bit`s worth,got about 15 of them in different sizes.
Have left most of the racking,all my gear fit`s perfectly,got back up vac motors and pump,first aid kit,tools ,there is also a huge document storage thing in the cab,which is really handy.
Truck mount in the next couple of years i think

clinton

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2011, 10:50:48 pm »
No two wheels please mark.

Yes get youself a nice portfolio next mate to show your clients when your doing the work and quotes ;)

derek west

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2011, 11:48:27 pm »
To be honest Joe,i am not used to not being able to see through the body,don`t like not having a back window,and i have never owned anything as big and van like,so it`s going to take a bit of getting used to.
It`s very unlike a diesel though,very responsive,and easy to creep above the limit without noticing.
Found loads of drill bit`s in the storage bins today,whoever emptied it didn`t do a very good job,which is fine by me,how much are diamond tip bit`s worth,got about 15 of them in different sizes.
Have left most of the racking,all my gear fit`s perfectly,got back up vac motors and pump,first aid kit,tools ,there is also a huge document storage thing in the cab,which is really handy.
Truck mount in the next couple of years i think

room for a spare gearbox on them shelves?  ;D

only joking mark, nice van mate, look after it.

Clintess Carpet

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2011, 11:50:03 pm »
what you need mark is an 08 reg renault trafic sport in silver, LWB with only 26k on the clock.
this one looks good, make an offer ;D

Talk about BLOW YOUR OWN WHISTLE  ;D

M.Acorn

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2011, 10:23:49 am »
That`s the caddy gone too now !! Put it on the bay with a £200 reserve,it`s currently sitting at £205 with 2 days to go,,over 650 views and over 80 watchers.
Will be very happy to see the back of it  ;D

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2011, 10:11:09 pm »
Yeah he did say they were pretty good on fuel,will be even better when i take the roof rack off,i was doing nearly 80 when he said you do know your supposed to drive 10mph below the speed limit in this weight of van !!  Er no i didn`t,going to have to watch my right foot,as it get`s there very quickly,and i was going easy.
The transit was just gutless,didn`t feel like it had a turbo on it

This weight of van  ??? is this 10mph below the speed limit in the highway code  ;D first ive ever heard of this rule  :)

Go easy in it Mark they are fast vans  ;D i raced one the other day in a transit turbo it was 2.2 yards ahead of me after a 1/4 of a mile from a standing start and I recorded 0 - 60 mph in 22.6 seconds  :D     

M.Acorn

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2011, 10:46:02 pm »
Maybe he was just a nervous passenger then  ;D
Can`t afford the fuel to drive it quick,£20 didn`t even register on the gauge hardly.
Am i right in thinking the 2900 means i can carry 2.9 tonnes ?

Caddy now £255

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120667478945&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

jasonl

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2011, 11:51:27 pm »
2900 IS the gross weight of the van fully loaded , inc you , fuel van and load.

I recommend taking it to a weighbridge( loads near you) to see where you are at with it loaded .
the van prob is about 1500kg , then you say 100, your kit 300, fuel is about 1kg/litre of fuel =50+  that racking must be a good 200 kg .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

M.Acorn

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2011, 11:14:35 am »
Well that`s the caddy van sold...Grand total of £360 !! Was going to be glad of seeing the back of it,but it`s been bought by a bloke who lives just down the road  :(

M.Acorn

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2011, 11:17:47 am »
that racking must be a good 200 kg

Yeah some of it i have taken out,also removed some of the shelving i don`t need,and am surprised at how much it weighs.
Will also be removing the roof bars,got 1 off,but will need help to hold a spanner on the other ones to get them off

Joe H

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2011, 12:23:24 pm »
You were very fair in your Caddy ebay advert.

If you want to go TM in the future you going to have to be very careful on the weight side of things.

Re Speed Limits - see this http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/speedmanagement/vanspeedlimits

M.Acorn

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2011, 12:39:16 pm »
You were very fair in your Caddy ebay advert.

I am an honest bloke Joe !! Sometimes too much so,I have good feedback on e bay,and i didn`t want the van ruining that,especially as it`s been bought by someone i could potentially bump into in the future.I have been totally honest,which is what i want from people i am buying stuff off,does not allways work out that way though
Will prob be going Prowler,once i start generating some income,instead of paying out,which is what i have been doing since before xmas

derek west

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2011, 12:48:29 pm »
you can carry around 1100 to 1200 k in yours mark. all though its a short wheel so might be just under 1100.

i need a bigger van all ready, need something around the 1500 payload. so will be looking at selling mine, and yes i will be blowing my own whistle about it. its called marketing. ::)

M.Acorn

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2011, 01:09:47 pm »
Will just have to watch my weight then,and possibly sacrifice tank size so i can get all my other stuff in...

murky

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2011, 01:34:03 pm »
Mark,

You are probably right about the wiring for the heater in the back, they take them out and ebay them for cash, usually about £230/50 mark, why not go back and ask them, you never know then you have solved your heating prob for all your kit in the winter.

Oh and was the price inc vat?

Murky

M.Acorn

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2011, 02:17:31 pm »
Price was + vat,at a total of £950,that is what i paid for deposit,it hurt !!

Turns out the bloke who bought my van was at catering college with me,2 years below me,so just as well i was all above board with my description .Honesty is the best policy !!

Joe H

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2011, 04:22:49 pm »
Mark said
"Sometimes too much so,I have good feedback on e bay,and i didn`t want the van ruining that,especially as it`s been bought by someone i could potentially bump into in the future".

Hope you dont mean that literally!!!!!!!

M.Acorn

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2011, 04:27:09 pm »
No not literally Joe,i flipping hope so anyway.
Bloke who bought it just gone bankrupt,he ran a bakers in St ives,he is now working at a garage / vehicle recovery,so should be prepared for the next breakdown the van has.

clinton

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2011, 04:28:29 pm »
SO its in really good nick then if its ben used as a bakers van mate ???

M.Acorn

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2011, 04:32:28 pm »
SO its in really good nick then if its ben used as a bakers van mate

No Clinton the bloke who bought it used to be a baker,he is now working at a garage / recovery company,and has bought my van to ferry parts and tyres around... ;D

clinton

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2011, 04:47:49 pm »
Ah sory mark well thats still aint bad mate and if its clean n tidy..

Clintess Carpet

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2011, 04:50:40 pm »
SO its in really good nick then if its ben used as a bakers van mate ???

Does anyone want to make sense of this?

clinton

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2011, 04:54:43 pm »
 Changed your name again ;D

Clintess Carpet

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2011, 04:55:21 pm »

M.Acorn

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2011, 06:22:12 pm »
You been Freebasing Clinton ??  ;D

I bought the new van from a van centre in Linton,Cambridgeshire,the van i bought is ex British gas,not ex British bakers.
The van I sold,is the van i bought November 2009,the person who bought it went to the same college as me,i trained to be a chef,he trained to be a baker,he is no longer associated with baking or bakeries,as he is Bankrupt,my caddy van was not used by a bakery,nor will it ever be,as he is now working at a garage / vehicle recovery firm,he bought my old van to ferry parts around in,he is also aware ,that he will need to fit another engine before he can use it !!

Is that all clear now ?

M.Acorn

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2011, 06:26:13 pm »
Even confusing me now !!

Ah sory mark well thats still aint bad mate and if its clean n tidy..

Yeah new one is very clean and tidy,for an ex British gas van,loving it,still can`t believe it`s mine yet,well in reality it`s not,not for the next 4 years anyway

derek west

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2011, 06:27:46 pm »
You been Freebasing Clinton ??  ;D

I bought the new van from a van centre in Linton,Cambridgeshire,the van i bought is ex British gas,not ex British bakers.
The van I sold,is the van i bought November 2009,the person who bought it went to the same college as me,i trained to be a chef,he trained to be a baker,he is no longer associated with baking or bakeries,as he is Bankrupt,my caddy van was not used by a bakery,nor will it ever be,as he is now working at a garage / vehicle recovery firm,he bought my old van to ferry parts around in,he is also aware ,that he will need to fit another engine before he can use it !!

Is that all clear now ?
but hopefully it will be carrying lots of dough, get it?, bakery!, dough! awwww forget it.

clinton

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2011, 06:29:20 pm »
Yes a little flea on my shoulder ;D

Reckon he will be making more dough derek lol

M.Acorn

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2011, 06:34:28 pm »
Reckon he will be making more dough derek lol

Prob more than me at the moment,only 3 jobs this week

clive ware

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2011, 06:58:56 pm »
Derek, Why are you selling your van?

Clive

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2011, 07:01:41 pm »
He needs the DOUGH get  ;D
Sorry clive ::)
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2011, 07:05:55 pm »
Derek, Why are you selling your van?

Clive
i'm using my loaf ;D

not big enough clive, need more room and more weight allowance.

M.Acorn

« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2011, 07:19:32 pm »
'm using my loaf Grin

Lol !! You a baker as well then ? Or are you using a loaf someone else baked ?

clinton

« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2011, 07:33:56 pm »
To carry all his money around i guess ;D

garyfindlay

« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2011, 08:01:15 pm »
Derek, cut dow on the mackies mate and you`ll be fine ;)

Clinton, is that ciu first stalker? :o

derek west

« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2011, 08:10:30 pm »
Derek, cut dow on the mackies mate and you`ll be fine ;)

Clinton, is that ciu first stalker? :o

i have done, dropped 9 lbs this year so far, need to drop another 23 to then i'll treat meself to a big mac or 6.

clinton

« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2011, 08:42:25 pm »
Gary yes certainly was  ;D

M.Acorn

« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2011, 01:24:47 pm »
First problem  :(
Stopped to get fuel this morning,thought i would put some air in the rear tyre as it was looking a little bit deflated,got the hose bent down to look at the valve,and heard a hissing noise,found a great big nail sticking out the tyre.
So had to swap the spare one on,which made me a bit late for my job.
So now need a new tyre to replace the spare one,hope this is the last of any issues

derek west

« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2011, 01:36:48 pm »
tune in tomorrow for the next exciting episode of "one mark and his van"   ;D

M.Acorn

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2011, 01:59:23 pm »
No please don`t guy`s
Was close to tears this morning,this customer is the mother of a very very wealthy prior customer,the daughter called me just after xmas and said they wouldn`t use anyone else,and could i go to Baldock,as their dog had fouled the small lounge carpet at mummy`s house.Explained it was way too far for me,and can`t you use someone closer,no we want you,and will pay extra for your journey.
So with all the probs with the last van,and not being able to get another,i had moved them back twice,then today was just the icing on the cake..
Can honestly say i have never ever been in a house like it,deffo old money,their house was massive,and looked like an antiques showroom ,was a bit twitchy about knocking something,as i don`t think my 1 million liability would cover it.
Job went well,very very expensive pure wool carpet,big red wine stain ,which i got out completely,and the mess from the dog,which they had had a good go at ,got it looking like new,very happy custy.
Just have to wait for the daughter to pay me now