Miglena

newly self employed
« on: January 09, 2005, 09:00:46 pm »
Good luck and milion of clients to all the members of the site.I want to register as self-employed cleaner.My questions are:1)Can I sign sub-contracts with bigger cleaning companies?
2)Which is the best way to advertise my services?
3)Which are the areas with biggest demand of domestic cleaning?
Thank you to everybody who waste time to answer me!

Barry Pearce

Re: newly self employed
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 01:34:58 pm »
as you have already been in the trade for some time, then, as well as knowing your job you will also know your way about on the net, dont wait for the answers, trawl and you will notice that one common factor is how many people seem to swap boats in mid-stream, and why? because they are not trained, there is no depth to their skills, they move about and them move on, so if you hope to compete with the NCCA and the frachieses, (if only on the basis of confedence) you need to train up.
Barry Pearce

colin.k

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 01:09:57 pm »
hi, i found the best response being leaflets.
strangley yell pages very poor response.despite spending 2.550 pounds on add.

good luck
colin

Gail

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 08:42:22 pm »
To compete in the cleaning trade, you need to decide your your customer is and target your business to those people.  Some people won't hire you because you don't offer what they are looking for.  You cannot be everything to everyone.

Once you know who your customer is, you will know what type of advertising should work.  Advertising is not the same for every business.  What works for one will not work for another.  For this reason, it's up to you to try one method and track your results.  If it's not profitable, change the headline or body of the ad and try again. 

Only by testing and tracking will you find what works and what doesn't.