nextline cleaning

prochem vs other chemicals
« on: November 17, 2005, 11:40:32 pm »
I have always used prochem prespray and extraction shampoo which have given excellent results. However i was recently told that they are overpriced and that i could get the same results by using a cheaper brand of chemicals. So today i tried Evans extract which i had free, but the results were not as good as the prochem, Is this just a coincidence or is prochem that much better.

Are there any other brand of chemicals that users can recommend.

Thanks 
Nextline Group Cardiff

Neil Mc Anulty

Re: prochem vs other chemicals
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 06:13:40 pm »
There are many different producers of chemicals.
I too started with prochem then moved to chemspec and have finally settled with Solution-UK and the microsplitters, although I cannot comment on other companies who produce microsplitters.
Cheers
Neil

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 09:13:53 pm »
Cant comment on what you pay for Prochem agents, but I get 25% off there published price, working on my new local Chemspec agent. Another one worth looking at is http://www.hydramaster.co.uk/ they do cleaning agents and what I have used are very good the same also applies to the microsplitting agents but a bit more labour intensive!

Check your profile your web link comes up blank

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Timmy Boy

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 06:02:41 pm »
Nextline
I am exactly the same as you, always used prochem, got a good discount but there are some good chemicals to add to the kit box.
1, Alltec citrus prespray - pretty universal stuff and works v. well
2, Solutions no 2. - Used as a prespray, needs plenty of agitation (ideally mechanically) but no need for a extraction liquid in the tank, just some deodoriser & water. This works on the microsplitting principle (do a search on microsplitting to learn more via the threads). Advantage of this is you can use it on carpets & upholstery, but because it is not detergent based you find the fabric/carpet will not resoil as quickly.
I am still unsure which manufacturer/process to go down fully so I just pick and chose ;D
Happy with prochem machines though, easy to maintain yourself & pretty reliable (in my view)
Regards
Tim

nextline cleaning

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 02:11:43 pm »
Cheers,

I think i will give the alltec prespray a go see how it compares to multi-pro, about microsplitters are the much more expensive than the prochem suff?
Nextline Group Cardiff

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 03:48:45 pm »
You will find that most cleaners after some trial and error will end up with a selection of products from various manufacturers. Some people will swear by one product while another just can't seem to make it work. At the end of the day it's all down to personal choice. For new starters this does mean wasting some money, but trial and error is the only way to find out what is best for you. Also don't forget Craftex products.

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 09:28:32 am »
Hi Nextline

Thanks for the email, there is nothing in this area for what you wont  :( I have always had to buy in from other areas.

Regards

Gavin
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk