helpinghands

ironing prices
« on: November 12, 2005, 10:29:01 am »
we run a domestic cleaning business in hampshire we would like to offer our customers a free pick up and drop off service how do we charge for ironing

we have to pay our lady 6.00 per hour so not alot profit unless you can help how we can make more money

daniel b

Re: ironing prices
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 07:27:17 pm »
pay her less ;D
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

Elite (Ben)

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 04:31:30 pm »
charge per garment, buy a good quality vacuum ironing board, market like hell and watch the work come in,      worked for us!!

cd5000

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 08:57:20 am »
ben i am thinking of starting a ironing business to work along side with my office cleaning and wfs cleaning. can you tell me how much i should charge per item and should i pay the person hour rate or per item.

thanks

steve

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 08:27:54 am »
We charge per item, prices listed on our website www.housebuddies.co.uk welcome to cut and paste.

We dont employ the staff we advertise for self employed stay at home mums and grannys, we then provide them with a proffesional iron and board.

They then get 40% of each item they iron.

Works well for us, the more they do the more they earn, we monitor quality control, no employment costs or holiday, sick pay.

We vet all ironers and drop it off as and when, we ha have 24 working at the moment and I never have to lift an iron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lynngc

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 08:41:49 am »
a firm where i live charge £15 per black bag, they pick up and drop off, next day service.
they are chocca block.
they go round business estates.
i used this service before a few times when my twins were born, did not have enough hours in the day then, still don't now.

lynn
lynn @ gower cleaning services, swansea.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 10:33:48 am »
What sort of Irons do you buy.

Sado that I am I saw a Steam Generator iron  and Board on QVC at 3am

I think it was about £250

Is that the type of Quality needed?

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 06:09:45 pm »
House buddies I ADMIRE YOU !!!!!