JJdomestics

Cleaning new homes
« on: September 04, 2005, 09:37:05 pm »
Hi
Just discovered this site and I am looking for some help. I currently run a small domestic cleaning company and so far we just do residential homes. We are looking to expand and thought we might go into cleaning brand new homes before ocupancy. Has anyone on here done this? If so was it worth doing it? What did you charge? Was it a one off amount or did you do it by the house/apartment?

Any help would be great!!!

martin19842

Re: Cleaning new homes
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 07:59:30 pm »
hi there,

look in general cleaning and search build cleans, build cleaning.

its an area of the business that you will either love or hate.

we are a build clean company, our core business is build cleaning we have 4 vans on site every day of the week.

we have learnt a lot, and although I am not prepared to give you all the answers, i am prepared to answer some questions.

where in the country are you.?

regards

martin

JJdomestics

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 08:05:52 pm »
We are based in Oxfordshire. I have spoken to my accountant tonight and he may be able to help with the pricing and contract part of it but any additional information would be very helpful thanks.

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 09:19:43 pm »
hi there,

with regard to pricing i doubt if an accountant will be able to help,unless they already have a build clean company on their books.

we have a big site down in berkshire , to give you and idea the order value is £175,000-00 for the site.

regards

martin

JJdomestics

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 09:24:58 pm »
Hi

Thanks for your email. My accountant seems confident that he may be able to help and to be honest I will accept any help given. On your site how may houes do you do a week? are they cleaned through the day? what do you do about risk assesments? Is it one for the whole contract? You seem to have it all covered and you sound like you have a very well organised company and here is poor old me stuck for staff!!!

gibbo05

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 10:18:45 am »
Hi, I have been in business for over 5 years now and started off just like you , cleaning domestic and rental properties. 
Cleaning new buildings or builders cleans are a pain in the  ':o'.

The problem comes to what the builder expects of a builders clean and this always leave a trail of horrors. 

The other problem is that 9/10 the builders/painters/decorators/electricians etc etc who all say they will be finished when you are ready to start cleaning WILL be on site even when they said they wont.  Or even better, they are off site the day you do the cleaning and then low and behold they return the next day to do snagging or futher work and hey presto! more dust, more mess and then you as the cleaning company get blamed for not doing the work right and are asked to go back in to re-clean.

The other fact is that they dont want to pay much because - Uh its all new and shouldnt be too much to do!!!!  Believe me, cleaning dust is a nightmare and continuous.  Even when you have cleaned and people walk around the dust re-settles and then you get blamed for that too.

I take on builders cleans still but with a very very tight contract.

Beware, its not as easy as it sounds

Donna  ;)

helpinghands

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 10:34:26 am »
builders cleans are a pain  they dont wanna pay much for them and then dont wanna pay when you have done them keep clear

martin19842

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 06:11:00 pm »
hi there,

we have been in the build clean business for a couple of years, previous to that i have been involved in commercial cleaning for over 5 years.

I have over the past few months helped a lot of people on here with questions regarding builders cleans.

one of the golden rules, is the communication required between site and yourselves, and the courage to determine if a plot is not ready to be cleaned.

the ability to be able to read the build programme, and then get futher info from the sales office, i have a diary out now 7 weeks to the 23rd december. i know exactly when each of 160 plots is due to be cleaned, recleaned and sparkled , the cml, appliance, carpet, and legal dates.

you have to expect for slippage, and you have to be able to manage that.

anybody wishing to have any further info, then please feel free to email me

martin.sales@btinternet.com

Phoenix

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 05:39:34 pm »
We started this way and our main core business is now built cleaning from build clean through to sparkles.  I can answer some of your questions.  What is your catchment area?  You can email me direct and you never know i might be able to give you some tips. :)

peterwangjiajin

Re: cleaning products
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 04:17:47 am »
Hi,there.
we are one of the professional manufacturers for cleaning products.We dedicated in manufacturing and designing various types of cleaning products.
We also have OEM service to meet your requirement.
Our products range:PVA mop,Dust mop,Wet mop,Wool dusters,Broom,Brush,etc.

Please tell me what products you are interested in.

Best regards
Peter